CASTING NEWS: Meet Debbie Pelt

Meet Debbie Pelt

Meet Debbie Pelt

Once Alcide was cast, a lot of True Blood fans started speculating about who would play his psycho ex, Debbie Pelt. Fairuza Balk? Alyssa Milano? Nope, according to The Hollywood Reporter, the beefed-up role of Debbie Pelt will be played by The Middleman‘s Brit Morgan.

I’m guessing a dye job is in Brit’s future, but she has a tough-but-fragile quality that might just be perfect for Debbie Pelt. What do you think?

1. flo

February 4, 2010 at 1:37 pm

WHO?! And HUH? I’m guessing she needs more than a dye job to play Debbie.

2. Meesha

February 4, 2010 at 2:07 pm

hmmm. i have no idea who she is and she wasn’t what i pictured. i hope she can play this role Debbie is like everyone’s worse nightmare, but i trust Alan Ball he’s knows who to cast. darker hair job is most def needed.
    can’t wait till season 3

3. Jennifer

February 4, 2010 at 3:11 pm

No idea who she is, but I’ve yet to really be disappointed with any of the actors selected. I did find a pic of her as a brunette

4. Cara

February 4, 2010 at 3:12 pm

I pictured Debbie with dark hair. But I guess Alan Ball knows what he’s doing.

5. Tiera

February 4, 2010 at 6:31 pm

still holding out for Lady Gaga. J/K i’m sure she’s the right gal for the job. i’ll hold my opinion until i see her on the show.

6. SookieLove

February 4, 2010 at 11:00 pm

Guys- yea she is gonna be good- check out this pic-

I dont know much about her but I like that, that way I can’t associate her with any other role. Yay for Alan Ball-

NO MORE EVAN RACHEL WOOD!

• Aline Orlando

February 7, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Yes, she looks more Debbie like with dark hair…we will have to wait and see. I agree with you on Rachel Wood. Just re-watched season 2 and she really doesn’t “sell” the whole queen bit. Maybe she will grow into it, I don’t know….

7. SookieLove

February 4, 2010 at 11:01 pm

Guys yea she is gonna be good- check out this pic-

NO MORE EVAN RACHEL WOOD! !!

8. gn.

February 5, 2010 at 4:36 am

Ooh, I liked The Middleman. Although she played the ditzy and loveable Lacey there, I can’t really see her as the malicious Debbie Pelt. Hm. Might see some stretch of acting chops then.

9. Jo

February 5, 2010 at 3:53 pm

She looks way too…delicate… girly…or something for debbie 🙁

I dunno if im even using the right words there, but i dont think she will be bale to pull off how i see debbie

10. Amanda

February 6, 2010 at 12:34 pm

I think we just have to wait and see what happens. And believe me I’m having a hard time waiting. I like Evan Rachel Wood. And if she’s always going to be the one playing the Queen of Louisiana, we’re definitely going to see her again if the show makes it to the 6th season/ 6th book plot line.

11. steffanie budge

February 6, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Not what I pictured either.. although, I also don’t remember Debbie being “fragile”? I just remember her being a real “no holds bar” kinda girl.. I guess we will see!

12. Nite

February 6, 2010 at 11:46 pm

I have never seen this actress before. Guess we will just have to wait and see how she does.

13. Carrie

February 8, 2010 at 9:32 pm

“…and she has stupid hair.”LOL

• Setty

February 10, 2010 at 9:02 am

LMAO!!! How very Debbie, now I’m convinced. She’s perfect…lol.

14. Carrie

February 8, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I got so excited to see her I forgot to say – this was the role I couldn’t wait to see. I loved the fight between Debbie and Sookie in the books and can’t wait to watch Allan Ball’s awesome twist with it!!! Oh, and give REW a chance in Season 3, I bet she’ll impress you. It always takes an episode or 3 to fit into these characters it seems… don’t believe me? Go re-watch season 1 episode 1 and then watch season 2’s season finally behind it. You’ll see what I mean. Ball is a genius!

15. MRS NORTHMAN

February 10, 2010 at 2:10 pm

Evan Rachel Wood seems to encapsulate the Louisiana Queen. Now Debbie Pelt I kind of imagined her with short spiky brown hair, and wiry, well she is a were-animal. Have no idea who Brit Morgan is but perhaps she’ll surprise us. The casting on True Blood has been pretty spot on thus far.

16. hannah

February 10, 2010 at 6:18 pm

i don’t know about her. i have read the books two times now and Debbie needs to be hot but in a way that is muted once she opens her mouth lol its a hard role for sure and about the queen idk i thought the queen looked to grown up. the book through me off when she was described for sure. i pictured a cross of Alisha keys in queen of the damned and voodoo queen Marie laveau the moment they started referring to her but i must say i have really wormed up to the whole beautifully deadly teenage force to be reckoned with version of Sophie Ann. and i may be killed for this but i hated the second season i’m a huge fan of the books and it was just to different for me to get in to. i hope i have better luck with the third season i cant wait.

17. Bee

February 11, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I wish she wasn’t that pretty… I pictured her hot, but nothing like a doll! Let’s see how it goes, maybe she won’t be such a bitch as in the book…
    Can’t wait for season 3!!!

18. Jennifer

February 11, 2010 at 7:17 pm

I definitely saw Debbie as an altnernative girl more so… trendy but lumpy short hair cut, dark/bruneette, thin but frail, spoiled looking, bratty… someone who doesn’t have any softness unless she is dealing EXCLUSIVELY with Alcide because to everyone else, she is a bitch.