Uncategorized

SPOILERS: Who’s Coming Back In Season 3?

True Blood features in the latest Ausiello spoiler column, including someone’s return, and someone else’s non-appearance:

Question: Hello fellow Smurf lover! Any new scoop on the upcoming season of True Blood? —Candy
Ausiello:
I’m 90 percent certain this is new: Mariana Klaveno is returning as Bill’s maker, Lorena, for roughly six episodes.

Question: Do you know if True Blood’s third season will feature Bubba? He’s not exactly a major character in the books, but I still love him. —Kristal
Ausiello:
Unfortunately, Alan Ball says he couldn’t figure out a way to introduce Bubba “without it being cheesy,” adding, “I don’t know how to do it without either using an Elvis impersonator, which is cheesy, or having somebody and never seeing their face, just hearing their voice — and to me that sounds equally cheesy. So that’s just one of the casualties of the transfer from book to screen.”

1. Stacey Jackson

March 18, 2010 at 12:48 am

Lorena is nuts! I can’t wait to see what she does..
    But, I do think she is very beautiful..

• Curtped

March 18, 2010 at 10:48 am

Well in the books Lorena tortures Bill while he is kidnapped, so that is the most likely thing that she will be doing in the episodes that she is in.

March 18, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I wonder if Sookie will use her new mysterious ‘electrical powers’ to snuff out Lorena? She did kill her off in the book….

• Ian

March 19, 2010 at 11:17 pm

God I hope not. I liked the way so Sookie “snuffed” (to use your word) her in the book. I literally laughed for 10 minutes imagining it in my head.

• crystal

July 26, 2010 at 9:07 am

well in the books Lorena has Bill locked up in Mississippi while Sookie is looking for him and the packmaster isnt scared like he was in the one episode and Alcide eventually pretends like him and Sookie are engaged to some cops when another werewolf from his pack is killed but Sookie does end up finding Bill and then she kills Lorena and trys to take Bill back to Alcides and Debbie locksmher in the trunk of a car with him. The book was great and they really need to stay with it..

2. Luis G.

March 18, 2010 at 7:44 pm

I Have Been Anticipating The Return Of Lorena!!!

3. jaxx

March 18, 2010 at 7:58 pm

Lorena is essential to Season 3. She is a must. Can’t wait to see what happens.

4. jaxx

March 18, 2010 at 8:03 pm

Lorena is amust for Season 3. Can’t wait to see her come back. I hope Sookie does to her in the series what she did to her in the books. Can’t wait.

5. E

March 19, 2010 at 10:23 am

Frankly, I thought the Bubba as Elvis character in the books was cheesy. I liked Bubba, but didn’t like that he was supposed to be Elvis.

I don’t see why Ball just can’t introduce Bubba as a dim-witted vampire and not include the Elvis stuff.

• Candee

March 19, 2010 at 10:29 am

Because making him Elvis made it more interesting, and fun. I don’t know why everyone thinks it’s such a horrible character in the books in the show. I’m a huge Elvis fan, I LOVE the idea of him. It would be the coolest thing!

I wish AB would understand that WE understand, that Elvis is and has been dead for a long time so we KNOW there’s no way we could get the real Elvis. I would be perfectly fine with just anyone. I don’t care if it looks like him or not. He should be added, regardless. And he’s no a MAJOR character in the books, but he does play some important parts through out.

I guess we could be satisfied with just a vampire who is weird and eats cats without it actually being portrayed for Elvis…but it would still be really awesome if it was!

It’s hilarious how he’s so strange that he doesn’t need to be invited in…and Sookie didn’t even notice that everyone he came to her house she had never invited him in. Fantastic!

• Candee

March 19, 2010 at 10:31 am

Oh my gosh, I have some major errors. I mean “didn’t even notice that every time he came…”

6. TS

March 19, 2010 at 12:24 pm

I love that Lorena is back! Yea! Not only because is it Lorena who kidnaps and tortures Bill in the books, but I loved when she and Bill were arguing outside of Godrics house and he said something about not wanting to see her again and she said she wished he hadn’t said that. She looked so scorned! I was hoping that she would unleash hells fury on Bill! Now, lets just hope that AB also follows the betrayal part of the book too. Can’t wait! It looks like this season will be really good!

7. TS

March 19, 2010 at 12:27 pm

I wish Bubba was going to be on the show too. The cheesiness of his character is what made him fun! Plus he played a pretty important role in some of the storylines even as a minor character. He doesn’t have to been seen as Elvis if that bothers AB, but he should be there-jmo.

March 25, 2010 at 12:14 pm

It’s not a question of it “bothering” Alan Ball. It’s a legal issue, as he has said many, many times.

• ann uk

March 25, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Its not a legal Elivis is used many times we all love him and i dont think its illegal when he has been used in the books

March 26, 2010 at 8:02 am

Whether you think it’s illegal or not, the fact remains that there is a lot of red tape and legal issues – expensive legal issues – involved, and Alan Ball has said that they are not going to use Bubba in the show. And he (Elvis) has never been named in the Sookie books, only implied, otherwise Charlaine Harris would be having legal issues of her own, unless she obtained permission from Elvis’s estate.

• ann uk

March 25, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Its not a legal issue ,when he used in the books

8. SookieLove

March 19, 2010 at 4:32 pm

I actually had a big smile on my face when I found out who Bubba actually was because I didn’t have a clue actually at first until it actually hit me and I had a “how clever!” moment. I agree with what Alan Ball said though how it might be alitte cheesy for tv but I do think that the book can pull it off. Anyway I kind of thought it was a given Lorena came back for season 3, my first thought was Daphne! but that’s just because I liked her and Sam together and we saw the random deer at the end of season 2 .. but sadly I know she is dead lol :(

9. TMonster

March 19, 2010 at 11:17 pm

OHHH NAAHH!! Not Bubba!
    I loved his cheesiness:(( Seriously too bad…

10. Fanger

March 20, 2010 at 9:59 pm

Well lets be honest here folks, Bubba did have some key moments in the books, and I think book 3 he has some of his most important roles (arguable I know, and I invite it). So my question is who are they going to insert in his role?

11. Devon

March 21, 2010 at 12:15 am

I understand why they didn’t include Bubba, but it would have been a little fun if they had. I do wonder what they are going to do in place of Bubba. IF they follow Club Dead, I wonder who is going to interrupt Sookie and Eric…if they include THAT scene. I really hope they do!

12. Fangfan

March 23, 2010 at 4:14 pm

How about instead of Bubba, eventually they transform Lafayette into a vampire and he acts as Sookie’s protector when Eric and Bill are away. After all, Lafayette is a flamboyant character. I think he’d make a great vampire.