New True Blood Season 3 Cast Promo (UPDATED)

Kristin Bauer (Pam) shared the new True Blood season 3 cast promo photo on her Facebook page today, and it is stunning!

Update: HBO sent over the larger, official poster. Click to see it bigger/save as your wallpaper.

True Blood season 3 cast photo with Kristin Bauer, Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Alexander Skarsgard, Ryan Kwanten, Deborah Ann Woll, Sam Trammell, Rutina Wesley, Nelsan Ellis

Snakes and skulls and wolves, oh my!

Eerie, sexy, and a little menacing…does anyone else have goosebumps?

1. Mony

April 27, 2010 at 7:58 am

OMG!!!
    it really seems a Tim Burton work!!!!!i looove it!!!!beautiful colours….they are perfetc…
    so love Pam!!!and Jessica too…they both have same colours…that means somthing….
    Eric central, dominant, god i’m speachless….i wanna see the viking takes avery little spaces in True Blood this year!!!He is defenitly one of the lead characther and the main reason Season 2 ha ssooo high scores!!!

This pic, seemes very Lost style….where you have to analyze the details and find them a meaning….
    a sneak for Bill and Sookie, ‘couse we know that book 3 is their end, Pam adn Jessica same dress….they will have a connection for me….Lafayette looking at Eric seems vary scares and attracted to him….Sam and Tara just stand there….watching everyone and Eric….and two skulls, one under Sookie…means 2 deaths and we know that’s gonna happen….
    Can’t wait for Season 3!!!!love the viking!

April 27, 2010 at 8:01 am

We also have a snake and a wolf in the photo. Snake = betrayal? Wolf = Alcide!

• AlcideHerveaux

April 27, 2010 at 1:33 pm

make that 3 snakes and 3 skulls… my oh my, I wonder if Debbie is really a snake after all….

• Marla

April 30, 2010 at 7:10 pm

4 snakes… Look next to Pam’s hand…

• Sara H

May 3, 2010 at 9:07 pm

I was thinking the same thing while I was listening to the latest podcast today….I thought the snake could be Debbie since she has that type of personality.

2. Dramlek

April 27, 2010 at 8:37 am

Very cool! Now we just need it big enough to make it a wallpaper… :)

• Nikki

April 27, 2010 at 8:59 am

I agree I want this as a wallpaper!!! :)

• alex!s

April 27, 2010 at 12:45 pm

its called clicking on the image
        ??

• Jen

April 28, 2010 at 11:28 am

Yeah! Put it on my wallpaper & it look’s great! Love this picture!

3. Josalyn

April 27, 2010 at 9:26 am

I’m thinking snake represents temptation. Looking at it that way, both the snake and Eric are sort of coming at Sookie. Eric = temptation

Bill is behind Sookie. Maybe she’ll be putting that part of her life behind her? ;)

As for the wolf, I like how you can barely see him and he’s behind Eric, with Eric in a protective kind of crouch, a barrier between Sookie and the wolf.

CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!

• Amy Leigh

April 28, 2010 at 12:10 am

Ooh, I love the idea that the snake represents temptation for Sookie ala the Garden of Eden. Based on the dreams that she was having about Eric last season, we know that she’s already thinking of Eric in that way so being alone with him for an extended period of time should be interesting.

LOL @ Bill being behind Sookie and her putting him and that part of her life behind her.

I also think that Eric looks both menacing and protective at the same time. He’s looming over her, fangs out and ready to pounce, not at Sookie but at whatever is threatening her. And there’ll be plenty of threats to Sookie this season.

4. Ida

April 27, 2010 at 9:40 am

OMG !!!!! amazing pic :) Cant Wait !!!!!!!!

• Ida

April 27, 2010 at 12:25 pm

Also agre with all symbalism .. But ther are 3 skull´s and 2 snakes (look at the bottom of the pic ) .. And the flowers .. dident jessica have the same flower´s next to her face in the minisode teaser ? The flower´s + the horn´s next to the big sneak .. saying the meanade plot is not over ? also nothis that the wolf and big sneak heave red eye´s … Eric like the color red on sookie.. and sookie have sort of alway´s had that color + white when she have gone to fangasia or have had a metting ( supposed to help ) and when she know she would see him .. Maybe the color red on Pam and jessica have some sort of conection to eric ? .
      Half of sookies hair have become dark/black and eric´s also .. maybe some sign of conection and change in sookie ? .
      Once agin Great Pic :) Love IT !!!

• Sarah

April 27, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Maybe the snakes don’t mean anything – there’s actually 4 of them (One in the tree by Pam, the big one, one wrapped around the log by Jessica, and one at her feet). I have high hopes for this season and really don’t mind that AB is going so far off from the books.

• Lua

June 6, 2010 at 7:23 am

I agree with the “saying the meanade plot is not over ? ” We can´t forget that in the final episode Tara said “I have this felling inside my guts that this ain´t over yet” or something like it… But maybe it´s not Maryann, maybe it´s another evil menade looking for revanche??? Can´t wait!!

5. TS

April 27, 2010 at 10:25 am

I can not wait for this season. I agree with all the symbalism. The wolf definitely represents Alcide and we know how Eric feels about him. Bill being behind Sookie is a great symbal for her putting him behind her in this season. The snake as temptation (Eric) and betrayal (Bill). All of it great! But why two skulls- who dies in this season ( or in the books, I can’t remember)?

• Loulou

April 27, 2010 at 4:19 pm

One clue…. it’s a vampire

6. kourtney

April 27, 2010 at 11:05 am

I never knew samething could be so sexy and creepy at the same time I love it.

7. SuperVixen

April 27, 2010 at 12:22 pm

Yay, Pam – looooooove Pam, so glad she’s in the cast photo, and she looks smoking hot! Is she staring at Lafayette? He looks scaaaaared – don’t blame him tho, lol.

8. Tiera

April 27, 2010 at 3:46 pm

it’s really pretty, the colors .. sorta Mid Summer night’s Dream-ish. cool

9. kourtney

April 27, 2010 at 4:05 pm

I love how you can tell who the top dog (or in this case top vamp) is in the pic. I also love the look on Lafayette’s face he looks completely terrified and Jason’s looking at him like he’s going to ask him what his problem is lol.

10. Alex

April 27, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I love Jesscia’s dress! Anyone know who made it?

11. Loulou

April 27, 2010 at 4:12 pm

I there’s four snakes in this picture, the huge on looking at Sookie of course, then there’s one looking at Pam, one at Jessica and another one moving away from Jessica or Lafayette. Maybe there’s a lot of the characters being sly snakes =P

12. Redwolf

April 28, 2010 at 7:05 am

The first mini episode has been released too. It’s Pam and Eric interviewing dancers.

April 28, 2010 at 8:48 am

Yes, we posted that here as well. Look under “Videos”. ;-)

13. Sharon Jagger

April 28, 2010 at 6:13 pm

Could the snake represent Bill? We know he has something to hide and perhaps his betrayal will be reveiled this season.

14. angela parker

April 28, 2010 at 6:28 pm

this poster is perfection. snakes all around – sophie anne (aka judith-lol) and lorena not the least among them -and debbie pelt, along with her psycho sister…can’t wait for the new season!

15. gwynne

April 28, 2010 at 8:01 pm

the picture to me is sort of in the garden of eden

16. Fo5ter

April 28, 2010 at 10:07 pm

Oh please let there be weresnakes this season. That’d be a fun and dangerous change to the books. It would totally go with the whole F U Biker Gang thing. Or maybe Sam changes into a snake to defend or protect someone at some point. I dunno but I sure can’t wait to see what happens this season!

17. AliciaAnn

April 30, 2010 at 9:40 pm

I love this pic

18. estelle

May 2, 2010 at 10:57 am

absolutely can’t wait for season 3 to start as it’s 1 of my favourite series to watch.

19. Silina

May 3, 2010 at 8:45 am

I have to agree and disagree. Jason is looking at Layafette like hes interested in and questioning him. Both Sam and Layafette are looking at Pam. Jessica is looking at either Bill or Sookie. Tara is looking in her own direction. The wolf is looking at Eric. Why are Tara and Sam so close? Does there relationship become more defined? The snakes are most certainly temptation. I see two skulls one skull looking thing that Im not sure what it is and deer bones (bottom right under skull.) Tara Jessica and Pam have the same colors on that match the flowers. Bill Sam Layafette and Jason are all wearing the same color of blue. Sookie and Eric are the only none matching people. Oh and Jessica is definitely the symbol of lust.

20. raquel

May 8, 2010 at 6:57 am

omg that photo is hot! i have to get it and put it in my room! i cant wait for season 3!!!! hooray!

21. Prince Ruben

May 8, 2010 at 11:01 am

I think the snake is not a shapeshifter but rather a weresnake, if there is such a thing. The snake’s eyes are glowing red just like werewolf Alcide’s. From what I’ve seen, Sam has never had glowing red eyes when shifting into an animal. So here’s hoping there is something such as weresnakes :)

22. violetrae

May 13, 2010 at 12:52 pm

so eric is a brunette in this season? i can’t wait till it starts!

23. Katya

May 24, 2010 at 1:47 pm

I have my own theories about this picture and what the positions refer to from my own ideas and from the trailers so far:

The Four Snakes (the four villians this season):
    Debbie Pelt
    Franklin Mott
    Sophie Ann or Lorena (cant decide)
    Russell Edington

(the big snake is probably Russell Edington since he a vampire king

Sookie is still with Bill while being drawn to Eric and Alicde. However, Eric is standing between Sookie and Alice, so that romance (if it can even ever be called that) won’t happen because of Eric.
    Eric is protective over Sookie (hence standing over her in the menaceing position).

THe Skull (s): I think maybe she will kill someone or a vampire this season (maybe theylll move up killing debbie pelt or maybe shell kill a werewolf or maybe it will be Lorena like in the book)

Maybe Sam and Tara will be drawn closer together this season…maybe Sam will try to help tara after she gets entangled with Franklin Mott. Its hard figuring out the significance of why they are standing really close together like that.
    Their personal struggles are apart from the struggles of the others.

Yes, I think Pam will take over as a mentor for Jessica (in a negative way) while Bill and Sookie are away (hence wearing the same color dress and jessica looking at Pam).

Lafayette is trying to mind his own buisness while watching out for Eric and Pam.

Jason is trying to look around and see who might know the truth about him killing Eggs
    or maybe Jason knows something about Lafayette or vice versa.