Casting News: Meet Claudine! (SPOILERS)

Lara Pulver cast as Claudine in True Blood season 3

Lara Pulver joins True Blood

True Blood is introducing the fairies this season with one of our all-time favorite characters, Claudine. We’ve been speculating on who should get the role, and now Ausiello tells us who snagged it: British actress Lara Pulver. You may recognize her from the last season of the BBC’s Robin Hood; she played Guy of Gisborne’s scheming sister, Isabella. On True Blood, she’ll be Sookie’s fairy godmother, appearing midway through season 3 and setting up a much-anticipated storyline for season 4.

Are you as excited as we are? It’s Claudine, people!

1. Lizzie

May 10, 2010 at 7:34 pm

Wow, she’s pretty!

I had to do some research on her, since I’ve never heard of her… My only beef with this casting is: She’s 5’4 when Claudine is supposed to be 6 feet tall! Well, at least there’s always Claude…

Season 3 hasn’t even started yet, but I’m already anxious for season 4 *sigh for Eric + Sookie* ;)

2. Liz

May 10, 2010 at 7:48 pm

Claudine!!! She will be perfect I’m sure.

3. Anna

May 10, 2010 at 9:18 pm

OMG CLAUDINE! I WANNA KNOW WHO’S PLAYING CLAUDE THOUGH!!!! Guess I’ll have to wait for that.

4. Dramlek

May 10, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Good: She’s cute ;)
    Bad: Isn’t Claudine supposed to be like super tall? She’s short…but she’s cute and I don’t care! :D

5. Tiera

May 10, 2010 at 10:23 pm

she’s gorgeous.

6. Ida

May 11, 2010 at 5:24 am

She will do great as Claudine .

7. Matthew

May 11, 2010 at 3:01 pm

I not too sure about her. She’s pretty yes but I guess its ’cause I already had my mind set on another actress to play Claudine. For those who watch WWE I pictured Maria as her. I’m sure when this one will grow on me. I love Claudine character in the book.

8. Vee

May 12, 2010 at 3:13 am

Wow she is almost exactly as I pictured her(in my head) I too am disappointed she’s so short. I’m 5’11 and I guess I feel they could’ve found sum1 taller. A model perhaps? Makes me wonder who will be cast as Quinn???

• Michelle

May 30, 2010 at 4:18 pm

I’d love to see Jason Statham or Vin Diesel as Quinn, but who knows :X

• Charley

June 21, 2010 at 6:45 pm

I think Timothy Olyphant would be good cast as Quinn, either that, someone super cute, super muscley and super tall :P

June 22, 2010 at 1:02 pm

Yes, but this is a post about CLAUDINE/LARA. Further speculations are going on in our Forum and you’re welcome to join us there!

9. Katherine Vazquez

May 12, 2010 at 8:53 am

Wow. She could pull it off. I always pictured Famke Janssen as Claudine though. Oh well! I wonder who they’ll cast as Claude! :D

10. Prince Ruben

May 12, 2010 at 4:12 pm

FAERIES BABY YEAH!!! Tinkerbell goes TruBlood!!!

11. Peter

May 12, 2010 at 9:51 pm

I said: Oh it’s Claudine! But yeah, if she’s short then Claude should be tall, is he dark haired too??

12. Risha

May 13, 2010 at 8:59 am

As if I already couldn’t anticipate the new season any more than I am! I’m dying to see who they cast as Claude! Has to be someone who resembles her in some way as they are fraternal twins in the books.

13. jennifer

May 14, 2010 at 10:47 am

I’m kinda disappointed they are changing so much in the shows. I understand that things need to be added. but geez can we atleast get the characters right. Lets see what happens with claude. I’m super excited about alcide so hot! I’m so excited about this season but can’t wait for season 4. all i can say is ERIC & SOOKIE FOREVER! lol. Oh and i just read the latest book… AWESOME! keep them coming charlaine i love u and ur characters.

14. meloni

May 16, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Not what I visioned when I read the books, I was expecting absolute knock out gorgeousness! Not taking away from this actress because she is very pretty & will do an amazing job like the rest of the True Blood cast no doubt.

15. Gary

May 23, 2010 at 9:05 am

Great – I really liked Lara Pulver in Robin Hood.
    She’ll be great in TB3

16. JW

May 27, 2010 at 3:29 pm

NOW I”M EXCITED!

17. Kim Dallas

June 9, 2010 at 10:59 am

Lara is an awesome actress. She will make the perfect Claudine.. She’s also a great daughter inlaw..

18. MaryAnn

July 13, 2010 at 1:57 pm

Claudine is supposed to be drop-dead gorgeous and 6 foot tall. She is nothing like Claudine is in the books. Very depressing….
    Let’s hope they make a better choice when casting Claude!!!

19. SOOOKEH!

July 29, 2010 at 7:49 pm

I was fantasizing/hoping for Megan Fox as Claudine…..oh well LOL.

20. denise

August 3, 2010 at 6:18 pm

She looks nothing like how Claudine is descibed in the books. They always did such a good job casting but this is just disappointing. Claudine is supposed to look like a sex goddess, powerful and beautiful, not the girl next door.

21. Ash Lee

August 5, 2010 at 11:05 am

Great actress, but NOT Claudine-material. Claudine was supposed to be super tall, black haired and very glamorous… I agree with the post about her being powerful and beautiful, not girl next door! Come on casting agents, read the books!!!