CASTING NEWS: Meet Portia Bellefleur

Courtney Ford cast on True Blood season 4

Courtney Ford will play Portia Bellefleur

Ausiello just scooped that Portia Bellefleur has been cast for True Blood season 4! Dexter alum Courtney Ford will play the sister of Detective/Chief Andy Bellefleur, a recurring role. The casting call describes her as “easy on the eyes and sharp in the courtroom.” It also stiuplated that she must be comfortable with nudity, although we don’t know who she’ll be getting naked with.

Courtney Ford just appeared on The Vampire Diaries as Vanessa, and she’s married to former Superman Brandon Routh, so the world of vampires and supernatural doings isn’t completely foreign to her.

What do you think? Is this how you pictured Portia?

1. LJ

November 12, 2010 at 12:27 am

OMG, is she gorgeous or what? I definately approve. Us men need some more eye candy.

2. mel

November 12, 2010 at 2:26 am

i imagined her older and frumpier?!

• Brandi

November 12, 2010 at 8:33 am

I did too… I thought she was supposed to be like a female version of Andy…

• Cristal F

November 13, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I agree 100% In the books that is what I imagined, much older and frumpy. Just like Andy…. Makes no sense…. :/

• Valarie

November 13, 2010 at 8:15 pm

well if you had read all the books you would know that she is only a tear older that our dear sookie…

• Bea

November 22, 2010 at 9:52 pm

She’s Jason’s age, she and Andy look similar- in favor of Andy. So she definitely doesn’t look like that… but it’s HBO, everything gets sexier on HBO

3. B

November 12, 2010 at 3:00 am

I’m going to take a guess and say it’s Bill that she’s going to be getting naked with!

• StaceyJ

November 13, 2010 at 3:49 am

I agree with that one.. It said whoever they cast with her musn’t be afraid of nudity.

• Ron E.

November 13, 2010 at 7:49 am

That seems very unlikely unless Alan Ball’s version of this world has a different family tree for Portia and Andy than Charlaine Harris’.

• B

November 14, 2010 at 8:12 am

But Bill still dates Portia in the books…

4. Nancy

November 12, 2010 at 5:12 am

Looks like they are merging the Portia/Selah characters and she will be “dating” Bill. Maybe he hires her as an attorney and she turns out to be a fangbanger?

• Brandi

November 12, 2010 at 8:35 am

Yeah, she’s definitely more along the lines of what I pictured for Selah.

• Misa

November 12, 2010 at 10:55 am

Tend to agree with you. Portia was discribed like the woman with beautiful hair. Not face:)

• B

November 14, 2010 at 8:13 am

Wow she’d be an awesome Selah

5. Cathy

November 12, 2010 at 11:33 am

I agree with most people’s comments,… in the books she is supposed to be pretty chunky, like Andy. The same thing with who they cast as Hallow, who in the books is suposed to kind of big and burly almost. I don’t understand these choices…I guess they don’t care too much about being accurate to the books. They weren’t accurate with Claudine either, but in the opposite way….Claudine in the books is supposed to be stunning, young, and very tall. They should’ve used this girl for Claudine!

• Chris

November 17, 2010 at 8:00 pm

I guess, like most people, I watch this show because I want to know how the screenplay is developed. It doesn’t need to be like the book series although some semblance to the plots and characters would be useful reminders that time wasn’t wasted reading them. Courtney Ford’s looks do depart from the description of Portia in the book and it will be interesting to see how the writers intend to weave the her character in.

6. StaceyJ

November 13, 2010 at 3:48 am

I disagree about the casting of Claudine.. I think Lara Pulver is so beautiful. In photos of her she is just so pretty..
    With this.. This should be intresting! She’s very beautiul.

7. tyler

November 14, 2010 at 11:11 am

i love the show so much that i got a t-shirt of yah.

8. Emily Antonia

November 14, 2010 at 2:35 pm

I love her! She was awesome on Dexter. I could care less on wether or not they stick to the books for the most part…I don’t want to watch a show that I already know the plot too, that’s boring so I’m supporting the change of Portia as a charachter. People need to stop complaining, the show needs to differ from the books in order to be interesting. I’m guessing she’s gonna be Bill’s new “friend”. I’m so excited for this seaason:)

9. Mister Northman

November 18, 2010 at 12:23 am

i always pictured her as heavy-set while i was reading the books, heavy-set with shoulder length dirty blonde hair, straight.