SPOILERS: Alcide Is Sookie’s Protector

Alcide sticks close to Sookie in True Blood season 4True Blood stars continue to play coy about what Eric & Sookie are getting up to in season 4, and Joe Manganiello continues to promote Alcide as a love interest for our favorite telepathic waitress in this latest snippet from EW.com:

What can I be looking forward to between Eric & Sookie in season 4 of True Blood? — @Leandi_Cameron
Whatever is in store for the painfully attractive pair, count on a hunky (probably shirtless) werewolf being in the way. Joe Manganiello told us at the Producers Build Awards: “Wherever Sookie goes, Alcide is not going to be that far behind. He is very protective of her in the way that dogs are protective of their owners. Even tiny dogs will bark and stand up to whoever or whatever is threatening their master despite how tiny they are compared to the tormenter. That’s the same theory at the heart of Alcide. Fortunately he is a bit bigger than a purse dog and his bark and bite are pretty ferocious.”

1. clahain

January 28, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I just finished catching up with the books and I’ve only seen the first two seasons of the show. Of course, I’m pulling for Sookie and Eric in both universes, though Alcide is a close second. I’m not a big Bill fan. As for Sam…not quite enough bite there. It always comes down to the same choice for these chicks, doesn’t it? The cool, mysterious vampire or the hot flesh-and-blood werewolf. Considering that Sookie is (as far as we know) mortal even with her fairy blood, ending up with Eric means heartbreak. With Alcide she’d have a more normal life long term. On the other hand, who knows where Charlaine Harris and Master Ball will take her? There are three books remaining and at least a few more seasons of True Blood. Personally, I hope she becomes a vampire whose fairy blood makes her immune to sunlight and that she can pass this gift on through her blood. I’d like to see the Newlins’ faces when Sookie and Eric start showing up at church picnics.

• Patricia Kropp

February 7, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Obviously you are behind in the reading of the Sookie Stackhouse novels.. There are 11 total books right. now

February 8, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Book 11 hasn’t been published yet. “Dead Reckoning” is due in May.

2. Dens

January 29, 2011 at 1:59 am

I gotta say… Sookie/Eric fan as I am this doesn’t bother me one bit! I’m all for tension and Alcide and Sookie do look great together as well. I look forward to see how this will play out.

• Jessica

January 30, 2011 at 10:51 am

I totally agree. The thing I LOVE about the books and the show is that I would actually be really excited about whoever Sookie ended up with because the characters are all so good. I’m actually hoping to see her hook up with Alcide, Sam, and Eric (my favorite) at some point!

3. SookieFan

January 29, 2011 at 10:52 am

What about this for plot, I was just thinking this the other day.

Sookie’s blood can allow for a vampire to walk in the sunlight, right? What if by drinking enough of the blood of a fae it could turn a vampire into a human once again – almost like an anedote to turning vampire.

If this is the case, would Eric even consider becoming mortal again, so to live out his days with the love of his life? I think so.

• Ampurp

February 5, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Well that would be impossible to happen on the show. One, Bill took so much blood that Sookie pretty much died and the same thing happened when Eric and Russell did. Would Sookie allows Eric to kill a fae to be human? Because that is the only way lore explains a vampire can become mortal again. Plus as much as Eric loves Sookie, he loves himself more. Not that it is selfish but would he really want to be human again; especially since Sookie is not one either?

4. Bethany

January 31, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Charlain Harris always said that she would never make Sookie a vamp, but she seems to be giving Alan Ball free reign, so it is totally possible. Being a HUGE Sookie/Eric fan, I would love to see that, even if the books perpetually hint at a Sookie/Sam pairing in the end. I LOVE your thinking clahain. I am always dreaming of my own little fan fictions to get me though until the new books/seasons come out, and your ideas have given me plenty to work with now. Thanks so much.

• Ashley

February 2, 2011 at 3:11 pm

I think the Sookie/Sam thing isnothing more than friendship for her…she’s attracted to him but that’s about it, there’s not any chemistry. I hope that its Eric in the end.

5. Sarah

February 1, 2011 at 11:47 am

Love Eric–will always love Eric but Alcide is my second favorite love interest in the books. I like that he is human but big, strong and scary. And no getting around it, as much as I thing Alex is beautiful eye candy–Joe is a great Alcide and not to hard to look at either! I just want Bill to go back in his hidey hole!

6. Ashley

February 2, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I don’t mind a little alcide pre Eric, but Eric is where its really at for me. So far Alcide is pretty but we haven’t seen enough of him to knowanything about him other then the fact that he has a crazy ex. I think evereyones forgetting about Debbie…she’s not gonna go away. Thats a big issue. I want Sookie with Eric.

• Michelle

February 5, 2011 at 8:39 am

Oh if only you read the books. ;)

• Patricia Kropp

February 7, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Your right on Michelle… If ONLY they read the books… I am so excited for Season 4 to see if they have a little Sookie/Eric action like the book… Ya’ll should get away from the TV and get the BOOKS.. OMG, YOu will re read them over and over again.

February 8, 2011 at 1:10 pm

No, people do not have to read the books to enjoy this show. In fact, I love hearing from people who are fans of the show WITHOUT having read the books at all. The books and the show are two separate entities and should be viewed as such. No need to be so harsh on those who have never read the books, nor ever plan on it. Let’s promote a friendly atmosphere between book lovers and tv lovers. I am both.

• JenniFae

February 11, 2011 at 3:59 am

oh but you are so missing out ;)

7. Rada

February 2, 2011 at 8:52 pm

I’m now caught up on all the books and the tv series. I know that there are many differences between the two, so I am really hoping that Sookie will hook up with Eric, even if only for a short while. Totally love Alcide, he was a great addition to the last season and hope that there is a chance for some romance there in the future. I liked Bill but then hated him, he is slowly getting back into my good graces and I think he really does love Sookie, but I’m still not convinced that he is the right one for her. So many men, so little time! Sad to hear that there are only a few books left to go, I hope the tv series goes on and on….

• Patricia Kropp

February 7, 2011 at 9:36 pm

11 total books Ya’ll, new one is on hard cover

February 8, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Book 11 doesn’t come out until May 2011.

8. Betty

February 2, 2011 at 11:48 pm

Sorry Alcide, but I hope it`s Eric and Sookie all the way. Alcide is a nice guy but he let Debbie walk all over him. Eric seems to be evolving since he has started having feelings for Sookie. I am a big fan of both the books and the series and I love the idea of Sookie and Eric together. Their relationship was a long time coming in the books and I hope they wind up together in the end.

9. Rose

February 4, 2011 at 11:06 pm

yep Eric and Sookie!

10. vicki sanders

February 6, 2011 at 10:29 am

I love Eric and Sookie together… I think he loves her more than Bill does…

11. Heather

February 6, 2011 at 7:38 pm

I like Bill but I really want Sookie to have at least a fling with Eric. I was really bummed that Godric died I would liked to have seen more of him.

12. Gabrielle

February 6, 2011 at 11:53 pm

I know the books, all of them. And I think that there might be a possibility that Sookie might have a fling with Alcide in Season 5, not this season, though they might get close. And if AB is gonna have the same Story Line as in book 4, then the possible of Debbie won’t be a Damn Issue in Season 5 for Alicde & Sookie to hook up. Though, yes the hook up between Sookie & Eric in Book 4 should happen in Season 4. Though maybe a bit differently, since now they have a OLD hallow stonebrook. I mean, how can Eric still get that same spell cast on him from THAT sort of hallow that isn’t that scary? I just hope they have someone else that does it.

And yes so many people would want Sookie to be with Eric towards the End of the book series. But i’m Sure that Charlaine Harris will SHOCK everyone when the series comes to an end on the 13th book. Where Sookie is With Eric, turned a Vampire or Stayed human and is with someone Else. After this coming book, Dead Reckoning, just 2 more books after that and we will SO know!

• JenniFae

February 11, 2011 at 4:05 am

I want the books to keep going forever T_T

13. Krystal

February 7, 2011 at 7:27 pm

I think the first half of the season, Alcide will be protecting/ flirting/maybe more with Sookie. I think he might be replacing Quinn as her other boyfriend before she and Eric end up together. Maybe she’s with amnesiac Eric for the second half of the season and when he doesn’t remember she goes running to Alcide for season 5 only to go back to Eric in the end.

More than that though, they seem to be reaching further ahead in the plot of the books (so not practically verbatim like season 1/book 1). I think that the potential lifespan of this show will dictate the need for them to begin altering the expected plot-lines. I think this show would be able to do so much more with either a longer season or a split winter/ summer season like all of the USA shows. I don’t want to wait for years before Eric and Sookie get together.

14. Chloe

February 11, 2011 at 10:30 am

I find Alcide a bore and so werewolves in general.