SPOILER ALERT! Ryan Kwanten Drops a Clue

Ryan Kwanten visited with Matty & Maude on the Hot 30 Countdown, recently, and drops one tiny hint about season 4. If you don’t want to know, STOP READING THIS!!

The New York Post’s Popwrap reveals that Ryan spoke of next season as taking place a full year after the events we saw on the season 3 finale. I’m thinking this will move the story along a lot quicker so we can find out about Arlene’s baby. It will also make more sense when Tara comes back from where ever she’s been with a much different attitude, how Sookie returns from her side trip to fairy land, and more. It will also make more sense if Jason is to take on the cop job he spoke of in a spoiler from Ausiello. He’s going to need more training, isn’t he?

What do you think?

1. Jen

March 17, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I think a time jump pretty much had to happen, otherwise, Arlene would have been pregnant for at least 2 or 3 more seasons!!! I think it’s a good thing, but I will be interested to see how they wrap up the S3 cliffhangers. I am wondering if Sookie will have been missing from BonTemps for an entire year, but she will experience her time in Fairyland (or wherever she is) to only be a few weeks? I am also having a really hard time picturing Jason managing to both lead the people of Hotshot and becoming a “real” cop at the same time. Yikes!

2. Bethany

March 17, 2011 at 11:10 pm

I was just watching all 3 seasons on HBO GO and realized that they all take place so that the father of Arlene’s baby (about 9 weeks along in early S3) was Rene who was killed at the end of season 1? So 3 years of shows took place over about 3 months give or take? The books take about 3 months or so each, with a slightly longer break for Katrina to be worked in. I think the time leap will greatly improve the show in many ways, and open up new storyline options that just would not be possible if they kept up at the pace they were going. Thanks for the update one again. I will check back daily as always.

• Ashley

March 17, 2011 at 11:59 pm

3 years of the show took place over 2 months.

Arlene was only 10 weeks pregnant after Season 3. So she was already pregnant when Season 1 started.

Season 1-1 month
      Season 2-two weeks
      Seaso 3-1.5 weeks (because the last 3 episodes occured over a 24 hour period)

3. amerilstones

March 18, 2011 at 8:28 am

Agre with Jen .. i time jump pretty mutch had to happend .
    Cant wait for the season 4 to beging , wonder if Eric and Sookie will see one another before Eric was walking down that road in the first tease . Or if she came back to help him ? .

4. That Guy

March 18, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Wow, I figured there’d be a time jump, but a whole year is crazy. (Not in a bad way, necessarily.) That will definitely get Jason into the whole cop role quicker. I wonder what’s Eric been up to, and Bill during that time. (Or between them since Bill tried to kill him.) I glad this means we get so see some advancement on Arlene’s baby though, that’s shaping up to be interesting. How about what Lafayette and Jesus? Not sure what they would be up to during that time. And lastly, what about Jessica and Hoyt? What have they been up to in that year? I know they moved in together, but what else happened?

This is probably some of the most exciting news I’ve heard about season 4 yet, because it leaves so many more questions then all the pieces of news and spoilers!

5. Emily

March 19, 2011 at 12:34 am

I haven’t giving much thought too this but now that it’s out there I LOVE the idea, it will make things so much more exciting!….suddenly I’m really excited.

6. Jeff Smoot

March 19, 2011 at 3:48 am

I assumed this would happen, for the simple reason that we would need some kind of time lapse for Eric to tick off the witches and all……… as I believe weve heard that Season 4 Episode 1 will start with him and his memory loss. I am also wondering if since weve heard Tara returns with some kind of power, will it be a different type of power like money? Will she return owning a store and all like she does in the books, I would love to see that part of the book Tara come to the show, the book showed her as a very strong independant woman.

7. Jessica

March 19, 2011 at 8:50 pm

I wonder how they’re going to make the jump because I would think they have to at least finish off the fight Bill was having with Sophie. It would be kind of weird for Sookie to have been gone for a year without telling anyone, too. Sometimes I don’t approve of Alan Ball’s choices.

8. Jennifer

March 23, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I hope they follow the book a little aelest. I like the Eric and Sookie story line in the book I am not a big fan of Bill since the end of season 2