True Blood Radio 131: Charlaine Harris Talks Dead Reckoning

Our guest this week is author Charlaine Harris, the mastermind behind the Sookieverse! She joins True Blood Radio to talk about the latest Sookie Stackhouse novel, Dead Reckoning, plus what we can expect from The Sookie Stackhouse Companion coming in August, confirmation that the series will wrap after the 13th novel, and somehow we get on a bunny trail involving Alexander Skarsgard.  We also have the latest news and True Blood season 4 spoilers.

WARNING: MINOR BOOK SPOILERS

1. Liz

April 21, 2011 at 11:57 am

By the way, I am now finished with “Dead Reckoning”, and can I just say – WOW!

• Lori

April 21, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I’ve heard nothing but good things about this book, so looking forward to reading it :) although I was hoping we’d be dropping some suitors by now lol

April 21, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Did you miss the comments about a certain werewolf? He’s not coming back from his latest foible!

2. Jen

April 21, 2011 at 5:22 pm

Thank you so much for posting this interview. I am really, really looking foward to Dead Reckoning, although, I am a little afraid for some of my favorite characters. I am very surprised at the implication that Bill is still in the running for Sookie’s affections; I though that had been settled! I believe Ms. Harris is a bit twisty like some of her vampires!

3. Serena

April 21, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Great stuff! Thanks! :D

4. VVD

April 21, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Thanks so much. Great interview.
    I agree any E/S would have been too spoilery, and CH’s proverbial carrot dangle of Bill doesn’t bother me in the least.

5. wendyepooh

April 23, 2011 at 12:02 am

I have a question. I know that Charlaine Harris Isn’t planning on have Sookie turned into a vampire by Eric or Bill or anyone else. I also know that even though she has fairy blood and that fairies live for a very long time. Charlaine Harris still doesn’t plan on Sookie having that ability to live as long as a normal fairy. So my question is in True Blood does Alan Ball plan to take Sookie’s character down one of those paths?

April 23, 2011 at 11:56 am

Your guess is as good as ours. ;-)

• AphroditeMF

April 25, 2011 at 1:53 am

AB did mention that fairies in TB can’t be turned into vampires – but I don’t know if that goes for part-fairies too.

6. Chelsea

April 23, 2011 at 9:09 pm

So I’ve just finished book five ( I know..I’m a cheater by reading this,but I’m not going any further!) I guess for me it sets up even more excitement to read the rest of the books. At first when I started reading them I was mad at Alan ball for making Trueblood so different from the books but I acttually now really enjoy it because All my favorite characters are there but different plots so it’s wonderfully new all the time. Gotta love Charlaine Harris. And I love this site!

April 24, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Thanks, Chelsea!

7. Jessica

April 24, 2011 at 11:17 am

Charlaine Harris is charming! I’m glad to hear there will be 13 books, too!

8. jennifer

April 25, 2011 at 9:19 am

i hope like crazy bill and sookie do get back together, hes much better than eric!!!!

9. Steph

April 25, 2011 at 6:58 pm

It sounded like at the end of the last book though that Bill had been reunited with a fellow vampire he was in love with, the one Lorena made b/c she resembled Bill’s wife. At least that’s the impression I got, that he always wanted to be with this other one but felt it was impossible prior to the last book.

10. Dorothea

April 26, 2011 at 8:38 am

Thanks for this interview. I’m so glad that Bill’s coming back into Sookie’s life as a suitor. When May of every year rolls around, I feel like I’m seeing a bunch of my old (scarey, sexy, mysterious) friends.

11. Moonbeam

April 26, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Bill is back! Yes, finally we will hopefully have plenty of Bill. I love his character in the books and especially in the show.
    As Stephen said, “Everything Bill has done he has done out of love”.
    I believe he is the true love of Sookies life even if they do not end up together.