True Blood Season 4 Character Posters

First we were hooked, now we’re getting a glimpse of true colors. HBO just released three new True Blood season 4 character posters, with the tagline “show your true colors”, and wow are they provocative! Let’s take a look:

Warning, spoilers & speculation ahead!

Interesting color choices and groupings. Jason positioned with Pam and Jessica, and in black – a further clue that he’ll become a werepanther this season? Lafayette, Tara, and Sam in the white poster suggests that they are good guys or “of the light”, which is so not how Lala and Tara’s involvement with the witches will end up from what we’ve seen so far. Is Sam’s presence an indication that he’ll be leaving his rage behind? Or is this simply a case of the Merlotte’s crew being grouped together? And finally we have Eric, Sookie, Bill, and Alcide in the red poster. Red is for passion, which there’s no shortage of in Sookie’s life. (Eric wants her! Bill still has an interest! Alcide is totally going for it!) Is red also for blood? Two vampires, a werewolf, and a woman with “magical” blood?

What do you think this all means? Keep the spec going, Truebies!

1. Liz

May 26, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I’m totally loving the Sookie poster. Lucky, lucky girl! That one makes sense, as does the Merlotte’s crew. Now Jason with Pam and Jessica is very interesting. Perhaps we will see him become were-panther this season. Or perhaps he needs their help for something? Or maybe they need him. Hmm, like I said, very interesting.

2. PAW

May 26, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I really don’t know what to expect. I’m just so excited to watch S4 coz I know it’s going to be great! πŸ™‚ I’m still Team Eric even after reading Dead Reckoning.

May 28, 2011 at 12:51 pm

You won’t hear any complaints out of us!

3. shae

May 26, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Sookies is all LUST. They all want her. So Im expecting all out tug of war over her.

Tara, Laff & Sam I think will be misguided this season. The witches seem to be bad news & the three of them are involved deeply in it.

Jason, Pam & Jessica’s is my FAV! I think Pam is going to serve as a Huge Mentor for Jessica this season, as I notice the hand placement on her. And Jason is totally joining the supernatural world in a league of his own! YAY!

May 28, 2011 at 12:45 pm

That’s an excellent rundown, Shae. Thank you.

4. En

May 26, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Anna Paquin is so gorgeous. XD They all are. Argh. This withdrawal is driving me crazy. That Witches vs. Vamps trailer reveals the huge possibility that Jason could become a werepanther. I speculate cha-os. :O

May 28, 2011 at 12:46 pm

‘Chaos’ being the key word in anything True Blood. πŸ˜‰

5. GidgetCooper

May 26, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Jason, Pam & Jessica’s is my FAV! I think Pam is going to serve as a Huge Mentor for Jessica this season, as I notice the hand placement on her. And Jason is totally joining the supernatural world in a league of his own! YAY YAY YAY!

6. GidgetCooper

May 26, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Damn mine went through twice, Ohwell πŸ™

7. Nicole L.

May 26, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I read DEAD RECKONG in less than 24 hours, and have to say…
    I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED! lol

• Nicole L.

May 26, 2011 at 7:48 pm

*RECKONING
      sorry about the typographical error, lol
      I’ve been a fan since S3, and went back to rent the first two seasons, after reading the books, which I absolutely loved!! πŸ™‚

May 28, 2011 at 12:47 pm

I think you’re looking for our “Dead Reckoning” thread. πŸ˜‰

8. Elisa de Vries

May 27, 2011 at 4:58 am

Wow, Jason, pam and Jess together, very cool^^
    Im excited for S4! Can’t wait!
    Waiting Sucks!

May 28, 2011 at 12:48 pm

It certainly does, but at least it’s only less than 30 days, now!

9. Sammy

May 27, 2011 at 10:42 am

Sorry can’t speculate…still too busy drooling over the posters…

May 28, 2011 at 12:49 pm

I hope your screen is drool-proof!

10. RonnieQ

May 27, 2011 at 11:53 am

Alcide looks a little more aggressive like “I want you Sookie”, Eric looks a little protective like “come here and I’ll protect you” and Bill seems like he’s just there as if “I’m here if you need someone to talk to”. Interesting.

• Jennie

May 27, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I agree. Eric does seem to be protective, he has a tighter grip on her and she is sitting closer to him, I think hes watching Alcide more than her (kinda of back off). Alcide is completley focused on Sookie ignoring the others. Bill is looking at us not her and just has his hand placed on her (like you said as someone to talk too.) Sookies not looking at any of them, shes loving the attention (lol). And then of course the colour red: love,lust,passion and danger.

I love all of these posters. x

May 28, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Great observations, RonnieQ and Jennie. πŸ˜‰

• RonnieQ

May 28, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Thanks. I also think Jason, Pam, and Jessica are going to experience some VERY difficult times this season aka thier dark period so that is why they are in black. Tara, Lala, and Sam are probably coming to terms with thier “supernatural” abilities and so they’re coming to “light” and are in white.

11. Tanja

May 30, 2011 at 9:11 am

I”m a fan ever since seizoen 1. Read almost al the books. Still reading Dead Reckoning. I’m from Holland and here you have to wait a little longer before the book is in de store. I hope that Charlaine Harris write soms more about Sookie and al here friends. I love the books and the serie.

12. NurseBetty

June 6, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I loving these posters. I wonder if we will get more of Samara this season.

13. Gabriela

June 6, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I LOVE the posters and the grouping… About the colors, I think that:
    1. The Black one with Jason, Pam and Jessica may have something to be with all the difficult situations that they will be going through in this season ans also with them unleashing their wild.
    2. The White may be about those characters that last season were so troubled, full of rage and fragile finding their balance, peace and getting stronger.
    3. And finally the Red one doesn’t need much thinking about… All about the Passion; this guys are one way or another trying to get Sookie. (Lucky girl).

I Hope they follow the storyline of Sookie and Eric πŸ™‚