SPOILERS: Watch the First Six Minutes of the True Blood Season 4 Premiere

HBO GO subscribers have access to the first 6 minutes of the True Blood season 4 premiere, “She’s Not There”. We recapped the first 3 minutes last week, now we have another segment to explore.

After discover her Granddaddy Earl in Fairie land, Sookie sits down with him to chat. He asks after Adele (Sookie lies and says that her passing was “peaceful”) then reveals that to him, the 20 years he’s been here seems like a few hours. “Everything just feels so lovely.” Cue ominous music and a slight cracking in the beauty surrounding her. Sookie telepaths at Earl that they need to leave, that this is all a trap. He can hear her…but so can all the faeries, leading to the arrival of Queen Mab.

Mab tries to convince Sookie to eat a lumiere fruit. Sookie refuses. Mab accuses Sookie of putting them all in danger by allowing Bill to access Faerie by drinking her blood. Mab says that they’re “harvesting” the people with faerie blood to protect their race. Mab again tries to force Sookie to eat a light fruit, but Sookie’s powers kick in and her microwave fingers push Mab back, revealing that the paradise around them is an illusion. Instead they’re living on a barren plain and the faeries’ true form is not at all beautiful.

“Grandaddy, RUN!”

Cut to black.

1. Neia

June 5, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I KNEW HBO wouldn’t portray Faery all peaceful like and stuff….I’m SOOOOO glad I saw this but I have to say i’m surprised Mab exists…I don’t recall her being in the books. I would LOVE for the next 3 minutes to be involving Eric :)

June 5, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Jessica wasn’t on the book either. Lafayette died in the book. Queen Mab is no surprise to me in Alan Ball’s world.

2. Gidget

June 5, 2011 at 4:07 pm

I think my exact words where “FUCK YES”
    I was dreading that season 4 was going to continue with that make me icky to my stomach sappy cliche fairy world. Then Bam! Badass, Ugly, Mean & Descolate! SO Happy! Now I really can’t wait. Oh & Mab isnt in the books. She’s a Creation of the show. Don’t know if I like her.

June 5, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I think Liz is going to have a big old “TOLD YOU SO!” comment to make to all of those complaining about how the Faerie world had been portrayed so far. ;)

3. Eva

June 5, 2011 at 4:07 pm

After seeing this I wonder what Claudine’s respond to Sookie is, when they met she told Sookie “their home is more beautiful than anything she can imagine. I hope they keep a lot of the faerie stuff I read in the books.

4. Dave

June 5, 2011 at 6:25 pm

OhmygodOhmygodOhmygod! Now waiting is really going to suck!

5. Liz

June 5, 2011 at 6:35 pm

I TOLD YOU ALL SO!!!! All you people who were upset that fairies land was being portrayed in such a ‘cheesy’ way. HA!

6. Lyla Marie

June 5, 2011 at 7:06 pm

That is so awesome !

7. Linda

June 5, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Like several other people have said, OMG, OMG, OMG!!! This absolutely ROCKS!! There are SO many possible ways they can go with this. Did they vanish somewhere on this plane? Are they still in a dimention of the fae world? If so, how is Sookie and “Grandad Earl” going to get back? If they are in this plane, looks like they are a far way away from Bon Temps. How do they get back there? And Berry the bellboy…hmmm. The other question, does Claudine remain faithful to Sookie, or is she working for Mab? oooooooo, can’t wait… (even some of the spoilers don’t give you the clues, can’t wait to see the show).

8. chele

June 5, 2011 at 9:09 pm

This is HORRIBLE!!! Why are they messing the books up so much. I swear if this season sucks i wont watch anymore…might even stop reading the books.

June 5, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Looks like you’re in the minority, chele. Sorry.

• Astrid E.

June 7, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I don’t think they’re messing it up so much. I even think that they are getting closer to what it is supposed to be. After all, in the books, fairies, elves and creatures like that are not exactly peaceful creatures. They can be pretty rough and tough. They’re fighters, they can be cruel and they wage war (book 9 ? 10 ? 11 ?). They not only have pointy ears, but also pointy teeth. It is well explained in the books how some fairies don’t want to mix with humans or other supernatural beings, and shut all portals to the human world. I think what Queen Mab is trying to do precisely that. It will provide an introduction to the “fairy politics issues” for further seasons.

I also think that Claudine and Claude are on the human side, as not all fairies agree with Queen Mab’s thinking. Claudine will stand for Sookie as it is in the books.

So… not that different. ;)

9. Dens

June 5, 2011 at 11:35 pm

yay for the meltdown of prettiness! lol! I like it. but now I’m very confused about Claudine’s part in this!!! I liked Claudine, didn’t want to have to stop liking her!
    I wish there was a sleep button I could press and set the alarm for June 26th!

10. TeaAna

June 6, 2011 at 2:28 am

I loved that!

!-period-!

:D

11. Kim O

June 6, 2011 at 11:17 am

Cool and exactly what the faery land needed. Knew it wasn’t what it seemed.

12. Julie

June 6, 2011 at 11:51 am

Was looking forward to Niall, but who knows where this will take us. Might be fun.

13. Toni

June 6, 2011 at 12:16 pm

I am so excited I cannot wait! Hmm I wonder where the other fairies went after she did her microwave finger thingy…it looks like only 3 (including mab) came thru to the new world/realm/beach place. Maybe we are seeing the start of the fairy wars? Those that hate the ones that are human w/ fae blood. Claudine didnt look happy when she saw Mab…I think its going to be super awesome any way it turns out!

14. NurseBetty

June 6, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Why did I watch this. Now waiting is going to really suck.

15. Moya

June 6, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I’m thrilled with this portryal of the Fae. Fantastic! I am a lover of all thing Sookie Stackhouse and am so glad that TB is different than the books. While I like for the main stories and relationships to remain fairly faithful, I’d hate to watch a show and know exactly what was going to happen. Thrilled with the Fae and with the way everything seems to be unfolding:)

16. Andee

June 6, 2011 at 10:23 pm

I’m sad I bought the season, cuz I don’t have HBO and I won’t be able to see it on the 26th maybe I’ll sneak over to my mom and watch. Darn it I’m hooked… I’m a VB lol xoxo everyone

17. Mike

June 7, 2011 at 2:51 am

this is so awsome….only a few more days to go.But were did Claudine go ?Sometimes Alan Ball keeps the books in mind,but when he creates totally new characters its just amazing.

18. Emily

June 7, 2011 at 9:20 am

I really like the way they did the fairy land.
    So Ryan Kwantan said that season 4 would start a year after season 3. So I think that Sookie’s few minutes in faery are equal to a year in Bon Temps. That would explain why she’s in the same dress and the episode title “She’s Not There”. Maybe even when Eric said in one of the promos “Everyone who claims to love you, even Bill Compton, they all gave up on you.” maybe they all gave up looking for her…?

19. Emily

June 7, 2011 at 10:15 am

I think this is great! I really like the way they decided to do the fairy world.
    So Ryan Kwantan said that season 4 will pick up a year after season 3 ended. Does that mean Sookie’s few minutes in faery are equal to a year back in Bon Temps? That would explain why she is wearing the same dress and kinda explains the episode title “She’s Not There”. Maybe even when in the Breaking Up Sucks Promo Eric says “Everyone who claims to love you, even Bill Compton, they all gave up on you.” maybe everyone gave up looking for her? Just some ideas. I like putting the pieces together….WaintingSucks.

20. Emily

June 7, 2011 at 10:18 am

Ryan Kwantan said that season 4 picks up a year after season 3. So Sookie’s few minutes in Faery is equal to a year back in Bon Temps? That’d explain why she’s in the same dress, in this video and in a couple of the promos.

• Emily

June 7, 2011 at 10:20 am

Oh and in the Breaking Up Sucks promo (this is where she’s wearing that dress again!) Eric says “Everyone who claims to love you, even Bill Compton, they all gave up on you.” Maybe everyone gave up looking for her?

21. Jamie

June 7, 2011 at 3:49 pm

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! That was effing great. I cannot believe that I have to wait. Waiting sucks even more now. OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

22. Astrid E.

June 7, 2011 at 3:52 pm

What we saw is definitly the beginning of the great Fae war. I wonder if Queen Mab is going to replace Breandan, in the books. He was the one who wanted to shut the portals to the human world to keep all fairies inside. Seems like Mab’s got the same wish.

I just love the bad, mean, dirty fairy. Makes me think of Lochlan and Neave, the two psychotic fairies who bit and tortured Sookie in book 9 (didn’t they also kill Sookie’s parents ?). We finally see that fairies are not all honey and glitters.

Clearly, Claudine was not happy to see Mab. She even looked afraid. I’m sure she’s going to stay true to Sookie.

CAN’T WAIT !!!! This season is going to be awesome ! :)

23. Rebecca

June 7, 2011 at 4:33 pm

It’s strange that only the fae/human hybrids and Mab +2 holding Sookie were transported to that place.
    Is it possible that Sookie’s microwave fingers generated a portal which took them back to the human realm, which in turn removed the beautiful veneer from Mab +2 and showed their less attractive side?
    Just throwing that one out there. I figure if this was plausible, Sookie’s lack of control of the microwave fingers would be the reason they didn’t “beam” directly into Bon temps and ended up in a desert/beach location instead.

• Rebecca

June 7, 2011 at 5:00 pm

After having a slowwww second look at the last few moments of the six minute sneak peek, it looks like after Mab gets blown back by Sookie’s microwave fingers, the light from Sookie’s fingers hits the tree behind Mab and makes it glow. I think the tree is the portal and the light from Sookie’s fingers activated the “tree” portal which initiated the “beam” into human realm.
      Like I said before, not positive on this, just what I think I saw.