SPOILERS: Synopses for True Blood Episodes 4.07-4.10

HBO just released the official descriptions for the True Blood episodes airing in August, numbers 4.07-4.10.

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!

Episode #43 (4.07): “Cold Grey Light of Dawn”: With Marnie empowered by spirits of the dead, Bill issues an unpopular order to save vampires from the light. Eric embraces his amnesia; Luna discovers Sam’s not the man she thought he was; Lafayette expands his consciousness; Pam gets a body peel; Andy’s date with Holly doesn’t go as planned; Jessica has doubts about her future with Hoyt; Alcide and Debbie join a new pack. Premieres August 7.

I’m a little worried about Pam getting a body peel. I don’t think they’re talking about a cosmetic procedure. Also, Bill is trying to save vampires from the light? Faerie war?

Episode #44 (4.08): “Spellbound”: As Bill and Marnie brace for a dangerous midnight face-off, Sookie and Eric pledge their allegiance to the King. Jason is torn between friendship and passion, and Jessica is spurned from two homes. Lafayette becomes the pawn of a tormented spirit; Tommy takes a walk in someone else’s shoes; Sam contends with yet another adversary in Marcus, Luna’s ex and the leader of Alcide’s new pack. Premieres August 14.

Bill and Marnie are working together now? And “Raoul” is now “Marcus”. I like Raoul better. Also, Jason and…Jessica? (passion/Jessica vs. friendship/Hoyt)

Episode #45 (4.09): “Run”: Convalescing after her latest near-death trauma, Sookie envisions a world where there’s room for both Bill and Eric. Jesus tries to purge the restless spirit out of Lafayette; Marcus enlists Alcide to help him deal with the Sam situation; Bill and Nan Flanagan clash over their respective agendas; Hoyt asks Jason to make a delivery to Jessica. Despite Tara and Holly’s misgivings, Marnie plots her next move against the vampires, during a “Festival of Tolerance” event at Shreveport. Premieres August 21.

Oh Sookie. Bill and Eric? You are an idealist. What’s the “Sam situation”? Gotta love that Marnie is planning to further her anti-vampire agenda during a Festival of Tolerance.

Episode #46 (4.10): “Burning Down the House”: As all hell breaks loose in Shreveport, Sookie summons her most potent powers yet to save Bill, in the process breaking a spell and leading Marnie to re-evaluate her mission. Jason urges Jessica to glamour him for Hoyt’s sake; Terry drags Andy to “Fort Bellefleur” for an intervention; Alcide reconsiders his allegiances after Marcus’ fight with Tommy. Jesus, accompanied by Sookie, Lafayette and Jason, tries to breach the Moongoddess Emporium’s defenses to liberate Tara and Holly, while Bill leads a brigade of vampires committed to blowing the place to kingdom come. Premieres August 28.

Holy crapola, this one sounds intense! My mind is reeling just from this brief synopsis!

1. Christine

July 8, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Yeah, that “saving vamps from the light” thing got me too. It could be a fae war, or maybe since the witches can control them, they are forcing the vampires to walk in the sunlight, thinking that they can? Or maybe, light means truth here and Bill is trying to save the vampires from the humans seeing their reality (still feeding on people, post Russell)?
    Sookie’s near death trauma has got me? Wonder what it can be this time

2. Liz

July 8, 2011 at 7:50 pm

This is gonna be GREAT! It looks like they changed the title for episode 410 from “The World’s A Mess, It’s In My Kiss”.

3. RonnieQ

July 9, 2011 at 12:02 am

The “Sookie saves Bill” worries me. Is that a hint that they’ll get back together? In the books, it was always Sookie saving Eric or vice versa. In the show, it seems like It’s always Sookie and Bill instead. I feel like Alan Ball wants Sookie and Bill together too much.

• R0B

July 11, 2011 at 3:41 am

Did you really read the books, or did you read about them? Sookie and Eric don’t really do much together at all (other than what was in the show already) until the 4th book…. People on this site act like because something happened from the fourth, of ten books on, that it should happen for the entire series….why ? Did anyone really want this series to last 3 seasons? It’s based from the book, not “oh well take ideas from all 10, or 11 books and make one season n then just start writing fresh stuff…..

• boo

July 12, 2011 at 3:18 pm

Well its not like they have actually stuck to the books anyways. There is so many differences between the show and the book. It has to be they have to catch the viewers attention. And I have read the whole series of the Sookie Stackhouse Novels and Sookie and Eric do A LOT more than they have shown so far.

4. Elena

July 9, 2011 at 4:43 am

So it’s all gonna be about Bill again?

July 9, 2011 at 9:17 am

If you go back and read the synopses from previous episodes, you’ll see what kind of textual trickery they pull with these blurbs. The seeming absence of Eric in 4.09 and 4.10 tells me to expect MORE Eric, for example.

• Viv

July 9, 2011 at 4:17 pm

Yeah that made me suspicious too Mel. Just like the 3 released clips for episode 4.03 on Sunday don’t have Eric in them yet we can be fairly certain there is loads of Eric! Interesting that Sookie breaks a spell in 4.10. No more amnesia Eric I suspect.

• Linda

July 12, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Also, in the interviews with Alan Ball, he says one of his favorite character developments this season is Eric. Looking forward to seeing what he is talking about.

• mary anne

July 12, 2011 at 9:38 pm

maybe i am an idealist so i am rooting for a more bill and eric season 🙂 oh maybe throw a little alcide too.

5. Elena

July 9, 2011 at 1:30 pm

Thanks Mel – I just don’t want to see Sookie running back to Bill. I’ve nothing against the character and I realise SM is the male lead in the show – but from what they are showing of his character so far this season – I would be very disappointed in Sookies’ character if she takes him back. Their relationship was not good for her (apart from the initial romance) and I want Sookie to be sassy Sookie and happy Sookie.

6. Lex

July 9, 2011 at 5:13 pm

I LOVE this show! If she goes back with Bill I will probably stop watching… Its not good story telling, its too predictable. The Jason glamour thing sounds so sad! I cant wait to see whats going on with Jason, Jess and Hoyt.

7. Lish

July 10, 2011 at 5:40 am

Mmmm… Seems to me Jason and Jessica are gonna be together, or at least hook up. I really hope they do! Hoyt is cute with her and all but her and Jason would be HOTT

8. AndyLuvr

July 10, 2011 at 11:41 pm

By all that is holy, enough with Beel and Sookie, please! Let Eric get a bona fide chance with Bon Temps’s fave telepathic half-faerie!!!

July 11, 2011 at 4:43 am

Are you watching the show or just reading about it? ‘Cuz Eric is def getting his chance.

9. valentyna

July 11, 2011 at 7:01 am

omg!!!from the first moment i saw jessica on this show i knew there will be something between her and jason!!it was my instinct and i was right!!i really want to see them together!they would be awesome!! and as for eric and sookie i am dying to see them together,i hope she doesn’t get back together with bill cause i read all the books and there was nothing about this.guess she is just helping him for old time sake!i am just loving this show it is awesome, each episode is so captivating and eric is totally adorable, he is so cute like a lost puppy!luv him!!

• Mad at Bill

July 12, 2011 at 11:03 am

I agree – I love Eric’s cuteness! Bill needs to be thrown to the curb for the dog he is. No Sookie, so he goes to whoever. I read the books. He’s always claiming to loooove Sookie, but only gets her in trouble. As soon as they fight, he finds another girl. I want to see Sookie make Bill jealous for a change.

• boo

July 12, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I don’t think it would be hard for her to make him jealous. He is still madly in love with her, but knows he just don’t have chance anymore, after what he did to her (at least I hope not). I cant wait to see Sookie and Eric together its like Ken and Barbie they are just too cute. 🙂

10. summer

July 12, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I hope that Sookie and Eric not just hook up, but develop a real relationship. They have a lot of chemistry together. Eric looks really good with messy hair. he is really sexy!

11. Linda

July 12, 2011 at 8:06 pm

SOO over Bill. Somewhere I read that if things keep going this way they should rename the show Bill Blood. It is nice to see them following some of the 4th book, although Sookie convalescing has me very curious. Is it from the Fae? (a little premature if it is). Why are they cramming all of the books together?

July 12, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Yes and if Eric fans had their way it would be renamed The Eric Northman Hour.

12. mary anne

July 12, 2011 at 9:40 pm

even if the show is really not following the book, it’s still awesome. i also love what they did to marnie’s character. the werewolf-witch thing in the book… well, let’s just say that the show’s witch is much much better

13. Sarah

July 13, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Tommy takes a walk in someone else’s shoes… Could they mean that literally? Perhaps he kills another shifter? And perhaps the “light” is the Light of Day Insitute. Though it is probably the Fae’s light, Steve Newlin IS missing, and they could tie in yet another threat.