SPOILERS: Tara’s a Fighter, Bill’s a Lover

Sandra at EW.com has some minor True Blood scoop for us this week involving Tara and Bill (but not Tara/Bill):

If you thought things were going to get bad among the True Blood monsters and creatures after last week’s episode, you were right. But you might not be able to predict how bad, says True Blood actress Rutina Wesley. “When you’ve got shifters and werewolves and vampires and witches, there’s bound to be some tension,” says the actress. “There’s going to be some craziness this season, and because her best friend is Sookie, Tara is going to get swept back into everything. But I can’t tell you whose side she’s going to be on.”

In the season premiere, fans saw that Tara had fled to New Orleans and started a new life for herself (which included a girlfriend!) in an effort to put some distance between herself and her past in Bon Temps. But the return of her bestie also meant a return to a sticky situation she’d hoped was behind her, Wesley says. But this time, with a clear head (and some mean ultimate fighter skills), Tara’s not looking to be a victim of any battles, she says. “You’re going to see Tara more as a survivor, and she’s a fighter. And she’s going to fight her way the best she can,” she says. “It’s a whole new Tara in that she’s confident. It’s the difference between someone who is completely miserable on the inside versus someone who knows they’re beautiful. But it is True Blood. The drama will set in, things will happen. She will get wrapped up in everything. A lot of it. But she won’t have a choice.”

Just watched episodes 1 and 2 of the new season of True Blood. I have a big question that I am hoping you can answer: Is Bill pretending not to still love Sookie to protect her or does he truly not give a damn about her? As a Bill/Sookie shipper, I am hoping for a reunion before season’s end. Help a poor girl out here with a little scoop because it ain’t looking good. — Chris
That’s a tough question, seeing as how hot and heavy Bill is with a Not-Sookie in Sunday’s episode. You might be confused as ever; I certainly was. But my gut says it can’t be over. We didn’t have a proper goodbye (a.k.a: no farewell sex)!

1. Lori

July 8, 2011 at 11:47 am

I thought we did get Bill/Sookie farewell sex, the rough hate sex we saw nr the end of last season felt like a goodbye to the Bill/Sookie relationship to me, it was the exact opposite of all their other sex scenes.

• TeaAna

July 8, 2011 at 12:40 pm

That’s what I thought when I finshed reading the excerpt.
      🙂

2. Elena

July 8, 2011 at 12:20 pm

No more Bill / Sookie please – I couldn’t take anymore! They are both so much better when interacting with other characters. Their relationship needs to be over and forgotten. Moving on please ……..

• Em

July 8, 2011 at 1:12 pm

I second all of that!

• viggolover1

July 8, 2011 at 2:18 pm

amen!!! Bill seems more interesting without her. Same for Sookie. I don’t remember book Bill been this boring or book Sookie.

• Natalie

July 8, 2011 at 5:20 pm

Yeah, Sookie belongs to Eric not Bill.

3. Lex

July 9, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Bill in the last few books is actually really, really sweet. It makes me forget that I dont want him with Sookie. I think if Ball is hell bent on B&S they need to be apart for a LONG time. It could bring back any “magic” they had. I actually likd them in season 1.

4. nothing but facts

July 10, 2011 at 3:41 pm

this is wak i spoke my mind n didnt even put my comment i guess even this web page wont addimt to wat i want to say

July 10, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Your earlier comment was removed for violating our comment guidelines and rules, including using inappropriate language, trolling, and personal attacks. Further violations will result in removal of comment privileges.

5. jay

July 12, 2011 at 9:22 pm

I don’t want to see Bill and Sookie’s relationship end. It’s what made me a fan of the show. I’m an old lady, and the opinion of “who’s way hotter, Bill or Eric” is not the answer for me, (but if I were to answer that question it would be Bill by a landslide!). It’s who she’s got chemistry with. I just don’t see that with Eric, at least not yet. maybe a little with Alcide. But it’s always been there with Bill. Bill!Bill! Bill!