SPOILERS: True Blood Episode 4.07 Questions

While working on another item for the site, I couldn’t remember the name of the next episode of True Blood so went over to the Spoilers section to find it and was reminded that we have some intriguing clues about that episode as gleaned from the casting calls.

The werewolf plotline is heating up as we meet a pair of weres – Chuck and Nate – who want to be Alphas. Are they challenging Marcus for the top spot? And how will Alcide react to that, given his reluctance to get involved with another pack after “that fiasco in Shreveport”? I’m also wondering how Sookie will be drawn into this situation, because you know she’ll find herself mixed up in it at some point.

The witches are gathering their army, now that Antonia has taken over Marnie. We’ll meet the friends of some of the members of the coven this week when Trevor and Luellen join the group “to provide support” for whatever Antonia/Marnie is up to now. She already has the former priest/Bill’s sheriff under her control. Who will she target next? My guess is Pam, following her attack on Tara and Naomi.

And finally, someone takes a trip to the ER, necessitating the introduction of Dr. Isani. The casting call says that the good doctor is unhappy about discharging the patient, which means that this person refuses to stay. But why? Is it fear of hospitals? General toughness? Or is this person afraid tests will show something…unusual about their physical make up? I’m speculating that Sam takes Tommy to the ER after finding him passed out on the floor. I can’t imagine either brother wants to have medical professionals performing tests on Tommy for fear of what they might discover.

FYI, the next episode is “Cold, Grey Light of Dawn” and airs Sunday, August 7 at 9/8c on HBO.

1. Embrace

August 2, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Maybe Andy is the patient but doesn’t want V showing up in his system or he’ll risk loosing his job? Or else you’re right, it could be Tommy!

2. mickenspickens

August 2, 2011 at 7:07 pm

The V is not detectable remember in season 3 the new qb was on it to play football. I think its tommy and then the Dr will find out by lab test of course he ain’t normal

3. Alethea

August 3, 2011 at 3:21 am

In the hospital it’s either tara or tommy

4. Bethany

August 3, 2011 at 3:32 am

I think you are pretty on track. I really wish they would have used Col. Flood properly, so that we could have the showdown in the graveyard, but something tells me that Alcide will side against Marcus, as not only has he been burned by being a pack animal, but also sees that this guy is simply bad news. The character in the book was respectable, and a good packmaster, what they turned him into was nothing close to that, not to mention WRONG PACK PPL!!!!

I am going nuts because I have watched the preview for the next episode like 100+ times now, and can’t figure out, are they really going to have main vamps walk out into the sun so early before the season ends? Somebody is on fire, and is seen by a human, Jessica walks out Bill’s front door in the daytime. I thought these would be teasers for much later episodes, but they are showing them like they are for episode 8???

And might I just say, they had better give us a REAL shower scene, maybe because they have to get all those leaves and sticks, and various ground debris off after the absolutely underplayed union of Sookie and Eric after all this time. There was no intimacy, there was none of the fun banter. And Sookie shouldn’t have to say “That’s only because you don’t remember…” about anything. even in the book it was inner monalogue, and she was “smart enough not to say it out loud” Maybe to offset all the blood & guts that promise to fill the last few episodes this season, we will get some of the comedic banter between Sookie and Eric? Reading your ideas got me thinking about that. I didn’t mean to go off topic.

August 3, 2011 at 8:52 am

Ah, a shower as a result of their time in the swamp. Good thinking, Bethany!

I agree re: those scenes coming so early in the season, but that’s True Blood for ya. They don’t believe in waiting until the end to give us jaw-dropping twists and turns.

5. Donna

August 3, 2011 at 8:42 pm

I am very curious about the were story line as well, in the books, that is where she first meets Quinn.
    And is Eric going to call Sookie my lover, or what?!

• Nikki

August 3, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I would LOOOOVE to see Quinn enter the show. He was my absolute favorite character in the books!!! i’m still kinda pissed that it ended so abruptly with him. I was hoping he’d make another comeback in the books too, let alone the show! LOL! He’s tall, he’s bald, people respect and fear him….whats not to like?? And so down to earth, as opposed to a high maintenance vampire king with a bad haircut or a blonde viking who, while extremely cute while confused, was a much better vampire boyfriend in the books than i’m sure he will be in the series. =|

• Donna

August 4, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Nilli,
        I hope they do Quinn right, I have longed for the WWE superstar The Rock, plays the role of Quinn, what are your thoughts? Have you even heard anything about the introduction of Quinn, if things go along as it seems there will be a fight for power in the ware pack. But with the many twist and turns and killing off characters which I expected to see in season 5 & ^ who knows where they are going.

6. Sammy

August 4, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I agree that the Eric/Sookie scene was downplayed, and a shower scene would be awesome-but i liked that the two of them seemed to have a more intimate bond as oposed to Sookie and Bill, who always seemed to just rush into things, if you get my drift…

I really wanna know what the hell is up with that doll and Mikey!

I agree that Sam takes Tommy to the hospital…what made him sick anyways?

Also…we haven’t seen fairies in a while after a three season build up…I kinda miss ’em-but I’ll take hot werewolves and witches for now 🙂

• Donna

August 4, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Sammy
      The season is not over yet, seriously don’t you think Ball is making us wait for one of the best scene in the book!