SPOILERS: True Blood Season 5 Casting Call for New Regular Character

True Blood is getting a jump on casting for season 5! A casting call has already been sent out for a new character, even though production on the not-yet-officially-announced fifth season doesn’t start until mid-November. It’s pretty vague, but comes from a reliable source.

The casting team is looking for a new female vampire age 19-30. She must be “smoking hot”, of course, and nudity is required. Love interest for Bill? New baddie? Replacement for Sophie-Anne since there are some events from the later books that she put in motion?

Put your speculation hats on, Truebies, and tell us who you think she is!

Reminder: We are not HBO. We cannot get you a role on True Blood. To audition, go through  your agent.

1. Anja

August 5, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Lol @ the reminder xD
    Well.. Hm, I’m not sure what to think really. Mixed feelings here! Doubt it’ll be a love interest for Bill, and certainly hope it won’t be one for Eric. Think it’ll be a ”villain’ and someone who will annoy our darling Pam 😉

• Lily

August 9, 2011 at 4:05 pm

What if it’s both… with a twist… another “child” of Eric’s who rolls into town with decades of love-hate-lust baggage for Eric, leaving a wake of jealousy in Sookie and sibling rivalry with Pam. I like my Pam snarky!

2. Rebecca

August 5, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Maybe it’s for the new Queen of Mississippi? The throne is vacant as King Edgington is taking a cement nap.

3. Ami

August 5, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Maybe it is a new Fairy come to avenge the death of Claudine and lay the ground work the Fairy war with the vampires which will drive Sookie back to Bill because he saves her when Eric can’t. Or could it be the Queen of Oklahoma? She too will drive a wedge between Sookie and Eric. I’ll bet whomever it is Sookie’s heart is going to get broken again.

August 5, 2011 at 7:23 pm

A faery vampire? That could be interesting.

• Dalton

August 5, 2011 at 10:34 pm

I thought Fae cannot be turned since they transform into dust after a vampire drains them.

4. Bethany

August 5, 2011 at 8:12 pm

I like the thought about it being a replacement for the events that Sophie-Anne was supposed to be a part of. Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe we will get a taste of the big summit meeting after all. And maybe Charles Twining will turn out to be a Charlotte Twining??? It could happen.

5. Jules

August 5, 2011 at 10:41 pm

This may be a move to appease the show’s male audience. I like Sookie and all, but it probably would be nice to see instead of the Quinn storyline playing out, we see a female vampire vying for one of her suitors attentions. What will Sookie do then? Or the guy in question?

6. Emily

August 6, 2011 at 10:46 am

Probably a new queen but I’d also be interested if she was a past or current love interest for Pam or Eric. I’m always excited when they add another vamp to the show:)

7. Kim O

August 8, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Replacement for Jessica, since she’s a younger one…

8. Lily

August 9, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Charlene Harris has said that she wished she had created Jessica in the books. That she’s one of the best surprises of the show, so I think she’ll hang around.

I just think it would be delicious if this new character was one of Eric’s other “children” bringing decades of a Eric-love-hate-lust baggage with her. Rivalry and jealousy with Sookie and possibly Pam as well would just be icing on the cake. I like my Pam snarky!