True Blood Fashion: Tara’s Camo, Blackburn’s Jacket, Sookie’s Watch

The characters on True Blood have been clothed more often this season than before, giving viewers plenty to ask costume designer Audrey Fisher about in our fashion column. She’s up to the challenge, though!

Q. In the last episode Tara is wearing a fabulous purple/fuchsia camouflage henley. I’d love to pick one up, but am having trouble finding it on line. Can you share the designer with me? Thanks!! – Babs

A. Have you noticed that Tara is wearing a lot of mauve and purple this season? It suits her. The feminine camo henley is by Splendid, from last year. I’ve seen several listed on eBay. Good luck!

Q. Hi guys, love the site. I’m probably one of the few male True Blood fans who appreciates the fashion aspect of the show. The red jacket worn by Blackburn in “Me and the Devil” really caught my eye. If anyone knows where it came from, or where I could get one, that would be awesome. I’ve got a horrible feeling that it may be a custom job. Thanks guys and keep up the amazing work! – Jayden

A. Well, Jayden, you were close: it’s a vintage jacket from a consignment store customized with various buttons we’re to assume Blackburn has collected over the years. Check vintage clothing stores in your area or take a look on eBay where there are retro jackets and buttons as far as the eye can see.

Q. What is the brand watch Sookie wears? I love it! – Claire

A. Audrey reports that Sookie’s watch, which she doesn’t wear often enough for me to found a photo of, is a Timex.

That’s a wrap for this week. Do you have a burning True Blood fashion question? We’re sending in a new back of queries to Audrey soon, so drop us a line or comment below and we’ll do our best to get the answer for you!

1. Courtsaj

August 9, 2011 at 9:25 am

in season 4 ep 7 Arlene has baby in a soft structured carrier, what brand is it? I don’t think it’s an Ergo?

2. Jennifer

August 9, 2011 at 10:10 pm

I loved Sookie’s outfit on this week’s episode; the white shorts and almost see through pink shirt. It was so simple yet so cute. Who designed that outfit?

• m

August 14, 2011 at 7:19 am

me too!! i’ve been trying to find out what brand that shirt is to no avail— does anyone know!?!?!? i must have it.

• Lori

August 14, 2011 at 3:55 pm

I am also looking for this top! It looks similar to ones I have seen in victoria’s secret catalogs, but not the exact same shirt unfortunately. I would love to know where to get it 🙂

3. Tony

August 11, 2011 at 1:16 am

Alcide’s leather jacket and shirt combo in “I Wish I Was the Moon” has got me searching the internet for a similar jacket. I found your site and am now a fan of Audrey Fisher’s work. Where is the jacket from? Thanks.

• John

August 15, 2011 at 10:14 am

I really loved Alcide’s leather jacket in the latest episode, Spellbound. I’m guessing it was the same one from I Wish I Was the Moon. Any ideas?

4. LA

August 11, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I loved Sookie’s blue dress with yellow designs in the first episode of Season 4. I’m hoping it’s not another of Audrey’s designs for the show?

August 11, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Alas, it is a custom dress by Audrey, as noted in our first fashion column for this season.

5. Shelby

August 15, 2011 at 7:58 am

I’m wondering about Jessica’s shoes! She’s wearing them while under silver chains with Bill. They kind of seem like… T-Strap moccasins? That’s the best way I know how to describe them. They’re kind of like woven… and a light brown.

6. Whit

August 15, 2011 at 11:18 pm

What brand is the green jacket that Sookie wears in “Spellbound”? Thanks.

7. Joy

August 16, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Hi,

Yes, ditto the request for info about Sookie’s green round collared jacket she wore to Bill’s house with Eric… Loved it!

• Joy

August 16, 2011 at 6:10 pm

• Malibumonica

August 17, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Thanks for the link….already got one on order 😉