SPOILERS: Advance Preview of True Blood Episode 4.09

AfterElton has an advance preview of the next episode of True Blood, previously titled “Run” and now titled “Let’s Get Out of Here”. It’s a spoilery preview with scoop on Alcide, Lafayette, Jesus, Bill, Sookie & Eric, so don’t read on if you don’t want to know!

Alas, having seen next week’s episode, I’m sorry to report that Alexander’s bare bum is nowhere to be seen. On the plus side, Joe Manganiello finds yet another reason to drop trou.

What else can you expect in next week’s ep? Lafayette and Jesus get some nice moments together as things come to a head after Lafayette’s recent possession by a dead woman looking for her child. Fans of the couple should be especially pleased as their relationship becomes central to how the storyline plays out.

Their storyline also includes a couple of funny and/or revealing moments about how the other characters view Lafayette. At one point a high-on-V Andy Bellefleur refers to Lafayette as a “shemale,” which tells us more about Andy than it does Lafayette. More amusingly, at one point poor Jason is trying to figure what is going on with Lafayette. Not knowing Lafayette is a medium, he says to Jesus, “I’ve got a theory. When you guys, uh, role play, does Lafayette ever turn into a woman named Mavis?”

Let’s just say Jesus doesn’t react well to that particular stereotype. But fear not, fans of the couple will be happy with what happens next.

Elsewhere, everyone’s been talking about what Sookie feels for Eric and Bill, and whether or not she is torn between the two. I won’t say whether or not this episode resolves that, but I will say we have some interesting discussion of sexual politics that we don’t often see addressed in popular culture. It will definitely be interesting to see what more they do with this.

Meanwhile, things are really heating up in the war between the vampires and the witches, and certain folks are realizing there are going to be serious consequences resulting from which side they choose.

That last sentence has to refer to Tara, right? This is also the “threesome” episode with Sookie, Bill & Eric, which I believe is tied to the “discussion of sexual politics” mentioned above.

Eric, Sookie and Bill in a True Blood threesome

1. Snoopmish

August 18, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I am NOT liking what I am reading in regards to Sookie, Eric & Bill. I have a feeling I may be more angry this weekend than I was last weekend.

August 18, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Probably best that you don’t watch then. I don’t want to be on blood pressure control in the Live Chat Sunday night. LOL!

2. Nothinbutjoy

August 18, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Thanks for that! It’s getting harder and harder to wait for Sunday to come around. LOL

I’ve got mixed feeling about this threesome thingy. The bookie in me is not happy BUT 2 naked men….one woman….hotness. Also, I gotta say, if it’s not moving a storyline along, it better be a reeeeeeally good scene. The season is almost over *BAWLINGBEYONDALLBELIEF* and there’s stuff to be resolved!!

I love how TB puts stuff out there. How many other shows are going to use “shemale” and show the reaction? Jason is such a doofas!! He just puts his foot in his mouth so much, but really means no harm by it. I love how the show portrays that and how his character develops. Wish that happened more irl.

I hope Lafayette & Jesus really do get some screen time. I missed Jesus last week. It’s funny how it’s like no one on TB has a job, but that’s where I figured Jesus was last week. He was at work. LOL

• mary

August 18, 2011 at 7:19 pm

i cant wait to see all three of them! hot! gotta make sure my hubs isn’t around

• Nothinbutjoy

August 19, 2011 at 11:50 am

LOL!!! Yeah, kinda awkward drooling over the vamps with your hubby sitting right next to you. It’s the story of my Sundays. heehee

• Northwoman

August 19, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I’m not sure they’re naked; I think they just discuss the possiblity…

3. susnebraska

August 18, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Omg. What a threesome? That is so wrong.

4. Jessh915

August 18, 2011 at 8:12 pm

can’t wait! There is nothing wrong with a threesome! Especially with those three!!

5. Jessica

August 18, 2011 at 10:15 pm

If there is a threesome, I will stop watching. HBO is lucky they have amazing shows like Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire, because after the writers went off the deep end this season, I’m not sure millions of people would be subscribing next year. I’m about done with Alan Ball, but I’m going to wait until the episode before I freak out.

August 18, 2011 at 10:26 pm

You know, people said the same thing in the comments here during season 3, and yet this season’s ratings continue to be at record-breaking levels for HBO. I guess we really are addicted. 😉

• me

August 20, 2011 at 12:59 am

I’m curious to know why a threesome would break it for you. Are you objecting so strongly because you feel it doesn’t fit with the characters and the plot or simply due to your own personal discomfort?

• FairyGodess

August 20, 2011 at 11:50 pm

They showed a threesome on “Game of Throne”, usually it involves” Tyrion Lannister”. so I do not see what the big deal is about Sookie’s threesome, especially since it just going to be one of Sookie’s fantasy .

6. viggolover1

August 18, 2011 at 10:56 pm

I don’t think is going to be a three some. She is going to flirt with both of them and strip for them. I thinks she kisses both of them. She also makes the comment that she can love both of them. Will see. I’m more worry about Eric been control by Mantonia. I don’t want him to kill any humans. I don’t know if Sookie can forgive him. Cross fingers.

• Nothinbutjoy

August 19, 2011 at 11:52 am

Eric being controlled by Antonia is what I’m most concerned about to!

WITCH, DON’T HURT MY VIKING!!!!

• FairyGodess

August 20, 2011 at 11:53 pm

It not going to be a actual threesome. It going to be Sookie dreaming of having a threesome with Bill and Eric. I hope no one really thought that it was actual going to be a threesome. Like Bill and Eric can agree on anything? Hell, you get both of them in the room, it hard to stop one from wanting to kill the other.

7. jaime

August 19, 2011 at 3:55 am

Numbers don’t lie. True blood is amazing.

8. Sookieeleana

August 19, 2011 at 8:03 am

The threesome thing will most likely be a dream brought on by Sookie having both Eric and Bill’s blood within a short space of time. I said to friends at the start of the season that they would find a way to get Bill’s blood into Sookie again and here it is.
    I don’t like it but it was always going to happen. (Just so long as Alcide doesn’t sniff his way in there as well). Bill is far too busy right now trying to save his people to be playing sex games with Sookie. I like him so much more when he’s being a good king rather than an “infatuated tween”.

• Nothinbutjoy

August 19, 2011 at 11:55 am

I see the threesome being a dream to for the same reason you mentioned and the idea of it is lovely. I guess there’s always time for a threesome.

• Susnebraska

August 20, 2011 at 11:12 am

If the threesome thing is a dream, well that is fine. But if it’s portrayed while awake, I think that sets a poor example for society. Seriously, a threesome is just plain wrong in my opinion.

• Astrid E.

August 19, 2011 at 6:22 pm

As much as I’d like to see every hottie of this show naked in total lust, I hate the idea of a threesome. I don’t mind a dream about it, but not the real thing ! Please ! This is SO NOT Sookie and SO NOT how things are supposed to turn out… Is this show really going to lose all interesting and deep storylines to head for gang bangs ? Yes, I like the romance, the kisses, the sexual content, but I don’t want this show to make Sookie some

I completely agree with you, Sookieeleana. Bill is awesome as king. And after everything he’s done, Sookie needs to move on a little. She’s got Eric, Alcide and soon she’ll have Quinn at her feet. I understand that they need Bill to play a major role in the show since he’s done so much and he’s such a great character. They can’t send him away like the books did. But still, I feel the story begins to stall with him always being dragged back in every moment of Sookie’s life…

• meechta

August 20, 2011 at 7:20 am

i think this is so sookie,, she is hotness times ten and she is sexually attracted to both vamps!

• Astrid E.

August 21, 2011 at 12:31 am

From a bookie point of view and from what we’ve seen so far on the show about Sookie’s personnality and values, no, it’s definitely not her to get in threesomes !! It doesn’t fit. I don’t say she cannot have fantasies about it, but getting involved in the real thing ? That would be totally out of character…

9. smallie

August 19, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I hate this threesome idea I also hate the fact that mantonia has possessed Eric. Oh gush I can’t stand all this tension. Not to mention bill giving his blood to sookie this sulks!

10. meechta

August 20, 2011 at 7:19 am

omg!! a vampy threesome!!! i cant wait two of the hottest vamps on trueblood.. be still my beating haha and sookie is quite lovely too!

11. vikinglove

August 21, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I don’t like the threesome. Not because of personal beliefs, but it doesn’t happen in the books. AB has basically twisted every character’s lives, I would just like for him to at least follow sookie’s love life the way Charlaine Harris wrote it. It’ll be very strange to see a sookie who can’t decide who she wants to be with, after she wakes up from her dream.