Tonight on True Blood: “Burning Down the House”

With only three more episodes left to this season, we can expect things to begin rolling at a pretty fast pace toward that finale. In tonight’s episode, Burning Down the House, will Eric finally get his memories back? With the story of the ghost, Mavis, wrapped up and put away, what happens next with Lafayette and Jesus? Here is the official synopsis from HBO:

As all hell breaks loose in Shreveport, Sookie summons her most potent powers yet to save Bill, in the process breaking a spell and leading Marnie to re-evaluate her mission. Jason urges Jessica to glamour him for Hoyt’s sake; Terry drags Andy to “Fort Bellefleur” for an intervention; Alcide reconsiders his allegiances after Marcus’ fight with Tommy. Jesus, accompanied by Sookie, Lafayette and Jason, tries to breach the Moongoddess Emporium’s defenses to liberate Tara and Holly, while Bill leads a brigade of vampires committed to blowing the place to kingdom come.

“Burning Down the House” airs tonight at 9/8c on HBO. In the meantime, watch last week’s True Blood Radio discussing “Let’s Get Out of Here”, watch the previews for tonight’s episode, and be sure to join us for tonight’s live chat at 8:45/7:45c.

1. adele

August 28, 2011 at 9:11 am

Why doesnt AB just come out and confess that sookie and bill r going to end up together? Its getting to the point where it is to obvious and realy anoying. I can’t believe that after everything bill did to her AB made it seem like it was no big deal so sookie crawls back to poor inocent defensles bill. This is all BS. Hopefuly I am wrong about bill/sookie getting back together.

• Emily

August 28, 2011 at 9:28 am

Yeah he’s making Sookie look like an idiot about bill. I wish that storyline would be more logical and less forced.

August 28, 2011 at 10:49 am

Again, I don’t see what you’re talking about. How is saving Bill making Sookie look like an “idiot” about him?

• Laura

August 29, 2011 at 12:33 am

Yeah this permanent glorification of Bill and make him look like a saint and a tragic hero is sickening me…I really want to see an ERic Sookie relationship like in the books, but it seems Ball is too much obsessed with Bill…meh…

• viggolover1

August 28, 2011 at 9:42 am

I hope you are wrong too!!! AB claims to be team Sookie…so if this is true, he won’t do that to her. He talks a lot and likes to stir s___t. I think Sookie needs to be alone for a while and try to sort her feelings. She can have a fling with Alcide in the mean time (nothing serious of course) and I don’t think AB is going to do a blood bond with Eric and Sookie and leave it like that. What are going to be the consequences of her doing this with him? And what is going to happen with Eric after he regains his memories? Remember that AB was the one who wrote the ep with the blood bond…so this makes me wonder. Will see.

• Pat

August 28, 2011 at 2:20 pm

The blood bond eric and sookie did was merely to set up the v enhanced shower scene. Bill and eric are both connected to sookie in the same way.

• WaitingSux

August 28, 2011 at 5:22 pm

The ritual blood bond Eric and sookie did was different than what bill and have done. I think when Eric gets his memory back that bond will play a big role

• viggolover1

August 28, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Not is not the same…Bill has always given Sookie his blood to heal her. Eric offer Sookie his blood to her to have a connection that is more intimate. If that purpose of their blood bond would have been with the only purpose of the V trip…why then Eric said to her that they will be one? AB wrote those lines not me…not even CH had this in the book. Sookie and Eric book blood bond was a necessary one and not a voluntary one like this one. And another thing…why Eric had a fairy trip with Sookie’s blood and Sookie a V trip with Eric’s…she never had one with Bill’s and Bill never had one with Sookie’s. There is more to this that we have seen so far. Just saying.

August 28, 2011 at 10:48 am

Where are you getting that Sookie is “crawling back to Bill”! Is it because she is trying to save him? Sookie and Bill are still friends. She can’t just stand by and watch her friends in trouble, and as much as she can, she will try to help them. It doesn’t mean she’s “crawling” back to Bill. She’s not heartless!

• adele

August 28, 2011 at 2:22 pm

That’s what bill did to her. It is only fair that he should also forgive her for watching him getting beaten up(bring on the popcorn). This shouldn’t make her heartless, especially those who are still defending bill should know that.

• esw1966

August 28, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I agree with you Liz, sookie saving bill is very normal for her to want to save him….alot of people are getting upset because of that TV guide picture of her choosing bill over eric. I personally do not think she will…..I think that picture are two people having closure romantically and beginning a friendship. AB would not be so blatent as to say she is going to chose one of these guys and then release that picture and showing sookie choosing bill…..that’s not his style of doing things…..people should calm down wait and see….what is going to happen.

• ELW1

August 28, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Totally agree! I am so pissed about this episode. Sookie completely disregarded what she had with Eric. He confessed his LOVE for her! Eric Northman said those three little words and while in his right mind. I am just livid. Sookie deserves whatever she gets at this point!

August 28, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Uh, Sookie said she loved Eric, too. She did NOT disregard him. She’s trying to figure out how to handle the fact that she also has feelings for Bill. Whether or not we think she should, she DOES. No amount of groaning or gnashing of teeth on our part is going to change that.

The other 99% of this episode was FANTASTIC. Still trying to process all the awesomeness. How about that last shot of the 4 vampires? HOT DAMN.

2. Gracie

August 28, 2011 at 10:44 am

I hope she ends up with Bill even though Bill did all those things to her at least he didn’t sell her out the way Eric did and basically fang rape her the way Eric did even though Eric may care about her he loves power more at least Bill just loves her.

• Jon

August 28, 2011 at 11:16 am

How did Eric sell Sookie out? Did you forget that that “Fang-rape” plan had Bill in on it? It was their plan to kill Russel?

• viggolover1

August 28, 2011 at 6:14 pm

@Gracie…people keep forgetting that Bill knew about the plan and he agree to it. Plus he confirm to Russell what Eric was telling him about Sookie’s blood. That is why she slap him after she woke up from Bill healing her. And Eric was willing to die next to Russell to save all of them…including Bill. And who safe him? Sookie, regardless Bill’s complains about it.

• Snoopmish

August 29, 2011 at 12:27 pm

@Viggo….you hit it on the head!

• Wannie

August 29, 2011 at 11:44 am

Yes Bill loves Sookie 20 times more than Eric!!

• viggolover1

August 31, 2011 at 8:13 pm

@Wannie…saying that is one thing…showing it to her is another. Actions speaks louder than words…and so far Eric has more love for Sookie in his right pinky…than Bill has in his undead heart. Just saying.

3. Jessica

August 28, 2011 at 12:35 pm

I can’t wait to see what happens when Eric gets his memory back!! Does this mean Sookie could have broken the spell on both Eric and Pam all along but didn’t realize it? That’s pretty awesome. If that’s the case, though, why bring in the whole Lafayette medium story line? I thought he’d be the key to breaking the spell.

4. LeAnne

August 28, 2011 at 2:25 pm

can’t wait for tonights episode! only 2 more left after this! where did the time go???? seems like it just started! some of the story lines are more interesting than others I will admit, however I still think AB is a very creative and talented man! love the show! I also love this web site! gives us all a place to read about and express our opinions about the show… thanks ladies!

5. Gracie

August 28, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Eric told Russell about her he didn’t have to use sookie to take down Russell he could of found another way the only reason bill decided to get in on it because Eric brought Russell when her and bill were trying to get away in the car Eric backed him into the corner revenge was more important to Eric than sookie’s safety!

August 28, 2011 at 4:45 pm

What other way could he have used given the circumstances? I’m not thrilled that he used Sookie, just curious what other “out” you saw for that situation.

• eric_sookie

August 28, 2011 at 5:51 pm

he also said: For the record:i would never have given you to russell (his plan…)

• viggolover1

August 28, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Eric told her that he never would have giving her to Russell…it was only a diversion. If the plan would had work out the way it did…I know Eric would have die trying to save all of them including Bill. Eric was the one laying outside in the sun with Russell and didn’t want to come back in with Sookie…Sookie practically pull him out of the sun. And the fang rape scene. If you watch the ep again…you will see Eric’s struggle before he bite Sookie. He even struck her hair when he was doing this….to try to make her feel better. He didn’t have to do that if he didn’t care about her.

• Gracie

August 29, 2011 at 2:59 am

It’s still another form of rape Eric put her through do not sugar coat it own up to it!

• Maria

August 29, 2011 at 4:39 am

ummm… how ’bout what Bill did to her in the back of the van? And how he let the rednecks nearly beat her to death? Yeesh.

• Gracie

August 29, 2011 at 6:07 am

Bill was starving he did not know it was sookie he was basically half dead and out of his mind because of Lorena coot and Debbie about the red necks there was no excuse but the van it was excusable but Eric had a choice

• Lily

August 30, 2011 at 12:29 am

So true! In the book Bill both fang-rapes Sookie then rape-rapes her while locked in a trunk. I know the show and books are going down different paths, but I just can’t get onboard with Team Bill. Their relationship would just be so dull! Historical State Society events and empty-plated dinners. Pass!

6. Jen

August 28, 2011 at 5:23 pm

Yes we all have our opinions as to who Sookie should be with.

As far as her being an idiot for helping or saving Bill no she is not. She still has feeling for him and as you recall he could have done the True Death to Eric and he did not. He knew that they were together and he decided to release him and let him go to her.

Also when Bill was made King he told Nan that the mission the Queen Sophie had sent him on was a dead end and that there was nothing there so that shows the in spite of it all he truly loves her.

Eric has feelings for Sookie, we have seen is through out the seasons. Yes he as a wierd way of showing it but it is also because he does not want to believe that he can love a human or allow him self to.

As far as Eric using her as a pawn to try and kill Russel he at the time had one thing on his mind and that was revenge. But as you recall he was willing to take his own life at the same time.

When it comes to who Sookie should be with, well we all have our wants and opinions. Those that read the books probably believe that is the way the show should go. The thing is the show takes some direction from the books but then the writers use their own perception as to how it will all play out. So therefor we are all along for the ride on their trip. I believe I heard Alexander Skarsgard say in an interview once that this is not a documentary where as you follow the books to the letter it is an interpretation of the story.

So all can say is we all find the show to be great in its own way otherwise none of us would be here.

Thank Mel and Liz for this Great Site! I enjoy all you both have to offer and allowing us to vent when needed 🙂 !

August 28, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Sookie belongs with Sam. 😉

• summer

August 29, 2011 at 7:28 am

I don’t care who Sookie ends up with, just as long as Eric and Bill continue to get air time in season 5, and hopefully season 6.

Spoiler

R.I.P.

Tommy

• Anja

September 3, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Don’t forget Bill ordered the true death for Eric for no good reason at all… yeah…he let him go because he could tell they were in love (Eric and Sookie) and he OWES Sookie a BIG ONE.

7. Lisa Vandermolen

August 28, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Wondering on season 4 episode 10 what the name of the song and artist at the ending

August 28, 2011 at 10:24 pm

We post the list of songs used in each episode on our Music page.

• Tanya

August 28, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Sweet@!!! Thaaaaaaaanks a million!!!!!

8. Jules

August 28, 2011 at 9:13 pm

As for sookie and Sam being together, I don’t see how that is possible. She may think she wants “normal”, but anyone who could continue to be involved in the constant chaotic world of vampires would certainly get bored with Sam. I can’t see them as more than friends…not good tv , lol! Enjoyed the episode tonight!! Things are finally happening! Can’t wait for next week’s ep!

August 29, 2011 at 7:25 am

I think Sam has a better chance than the vampires, personally. ‘-)

9. JJ

August 28, 2011 at 9:20 pm

All I know is that the song at the end if a cover of Talking Heads “Burning Down the House.” I’m not sure who the band is that covered it, but by knowing the original title of the song you can google it.

I know I’m in the minority here, but I do hope she ends up back with Bill. Personally, I just like them better as a couple. I thought they had a better chemisty and Bill has been willing to let her go for her own happiness. Even during this episode, Eric just wanted to own her…and let’s not forget how her Gran told Sookie her new love interest was “temporary” and not to give her heart. Also, I liked the old Eric a lot better than the “softer” Eric. He was a big puppy following Sookie around the whole season…he was a far more interesting character when he was edgy and darker. Also, Eric has done his share of hurting Sookie, too, as well as her friends Lafayette and Tara. Both of her love interests have harmed her and/or her friends in some way. I wouldn’t like to see her with Alcide either, he’s a lone wolf and I like that about his character. If they follow the books, she ends up having a long relationship with Eric, but I hope the television series doesn’t follow that too much.

Guess we’ll see at the end of the season…either way, LOVE the show!

August 29, 2011 at 7:24 am

The songs are posted here: http://true-blood.net/music/music-season-4/
      🙂

• Laura

August 29, 2011 at 10:14 am

If Sookie goes back to Bill it would make me sick, it is already annoying that she forgives the guy so easily who let her get beaten up…
      And for god sake read the books, Ball says he wants to stay true to the spirit of the books, I hope he also meant the realtionships with this…

August 29, 2011 at 10:33 am

Bill has also saved Sookie’s life a couple of times, are we still hung up over this same thing again?

• Pat

August 29, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I think Eric just realized how much he loves Sookie. When his memories came back it looked like he was struck by love not by lighting. He seems a bit changed. I was so surprised when Eric told her he loved her, i certainly did not expect that.

• zaxar-borisych

August 30, 2011 at 4:50 am

it’s The Used (the band that’s burning down that house).

10. Jessica

August 28, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Was I the only one who was cursing the Andy/Terry story line to hell because it was wasting screen time on one of the best episodes ever?!? Seriously, Eric returns to normal, professes his love to Sookie, Pam comes back, Bill confronts Nan, and THIS is the episode that they chose to bring that dead end story line to a conclusion?? It’s so annoying because the other parts of the episode were AWESOME and I wanted to see more of them!

August 29, 2011 at 7:23 am

So talk about the awesome parts then!

• Tara

August 29, 2011 at 12:18 pm

You were not the only one! The Andy/Terry scenes were kind of sweet, but were totally unwelcome to me. They took time away from pivotal story lines of the main cast, who to me essentially consists of Sookie, Eric, and Bill (plus their closest people). I felt like I was sitting through an unreasonable amount of filler to see the main story lines barely play out and ultimately get pushed to the side. The little bits that we got were amazing, but it was grating how much time was given to sideline characters. We are almost at the end of the season now (I can’t believe it) and there are so many juicy stories and dynamics within the main cast just waiting for some attention… I hope they give them more time before the season ends and cool it with the random side plots..

August 29, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Nothing is random on True Blood. 😉

• Pat

August 29, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Yup, could agree with you more.

11. JING

August 29, 2011 at 12:22 am

I rather enjoyed the Terry/Andy scene! I like their characters as much as I do everybody elses, and I like the fact that there’s so much going on! I’m never bored! I’m also rooting for Bill!!!

August 29, 2011 at 7:22 am

Yay! Thanks JING!!!

• Marie

August 29, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I’m with you! Loved the Andy/Terry scenes – thought they were some of the best writing this season. And I’m getting tired of Sookie/Bill/Eric, although Bill’s looking very strong this season – making him the King was a great move. I’d like to see more of Eric and Pam together – she seemed to be really hurt that he didn’t contact her right away. And the last scene – overdone, but awesome! Can’t go wrong with black leather!

12. Gracie

August 29, 2011 at 12:46 am

I know Eric loves sookie but he’s not the right one for bill is and I might even settle for allied I hope they bring Quinn in season 5 so sookie could take a break from vampires and be with someone who has a heartbeat! And then if that doesn’t work out then make a final decision between Eric and bill! I may be starting to like Eric a little but I don’t want him for sookie I want her to be with bill! Eric’s better and stronger character without her!

13. Kerry

August 29, 2011 at 12:48 am

So glad Tommy died, Andy is clean, and Eric is a BAMF. Loled at Lafayette “it’s a Latin thang” after Jesus turned into a …demon? Wtf

14. Celeste

August 29, 2011 at 1:36 am

Hey! Does anyone know the song at the end of this episode? I know it from somewhere but I can’t remember the name or find it!
    Great episode though! The ending when they get out of the van is bad ass.

August 29, 2011 at 7:21 am

We post the songs for each episode here: http://true-blood.net/music/music-season-4/

15. Sabrina

August 29, 2011 at 1:57 am

Finally, after this episode I felt that some things are going back to track!
    Tommy is dead, Pam is back, Debbie showing what she truly is and Andy out of V. Thank you!

But I couldn´t help to scream and curse the screen when Sookie confessed that she also loves Bill…
    On one hand, she trying to save him is completely understandable. On the other, the scene with Eric saying “I love you” to her and she saying that she also loves Bill was awful! But when I heard her say “It might be ´cause of his blood” or something, I felt a little bit better… I just hope they don´t waste the last episodes showing a love triangle, I wish I could finally see some true Sookie-Eric relationship without trips and cheesy dialogue. I think that since the season is too short, again we lost too many precious time with dead end storylines.

Well, over all, great episode! I loved the final scene.
    And, I have to take back what I said in one of my last comments: I think we will see a great fight between Wiccans, Brujos, Witches, Vampires plus Sookie… And who knows, we might get Jason bringing Sam and Alcide as back up… But I think that would be a lot to ask, right?!
    Loved Jesus & Lafayette, and Jessica desperate to eat/kill…

Thanks for the website and the chance to speak my mind.

• Snoopmish

August 29, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Pretty much my thoughts on the episode. Everything but the Sookie Bill stuff was great.

August 29, 2011 at 3:48 pm

You did hear Sookie tell Eric she loved him too, right? And then she reached for his hand, you saw that right? 😉

16. Gracie

August 29, 2011 at 2:54 am

The song at the end is called burning down the house by the used I liked the scene when sookie told Eric that her feelings for bill and him could be because of the blood she needs to be alone to figure out her feelings does anyone else agree with me? I know I’m right!

17. Sookieeleana

August 29, 2011 at 5:11 am

Eric remembers and tells her he loves her – wow – I knew they would pull some kind of surprise with this story-line. Hopefully Sookie will make the right (Viking) choice at the end of the season but I am starting to agree with some (ever increasing majority) that AB is just too pro-Bill so nothing would surprise me. They just can’t milk the love triangle again and again, Sookie has to move on.
    Although I’ve really enjoyed the other storylines this season I’m starting to get a little frustrated now when they are taking screen time away from the vamps. Hopefully in the last 2 the vamps will take their rightful centre stage.
    Tommy Mickens RIP – he never failed to break my heart – I will miss his naughty face 🙁

August 29, 2011 at 7:20 am

I think it’s funny how love triangles make other shows interesting and worth watching, but on True Blood it’s not allowed. Just because some people don’t want Bill on the show at all doesn’t mean Alan Ball is pro-Bill. Alan is pro-True Blood. Period.

• Sookieeleana

August 29, 2011 at 12:06 pm

What shows with love triangles – I’m not sure I watch any?

I think Bill is so much better away from Sookie – I like him being the king.
        Surely the TB writers are better than going round and round in circles with the same Sookie/Bill stuff. I absolutely want Bill in the show, I’m just fed up of him and Sookie on repeat mode. I’m sorry if I’m not allowed to say how I feel??

August 29, 2011 at 3:52 pm

And I was expressing mine because I’m allowed.

• Snoopmish

August 29, 2011 at 12:37 pm

I don’t want Bill off the show. I like him Better without Sookie. He has been great this season. I am more hating on how Ball is handling Sookie.

• Viviana

August 30, 2011 at 12:17 am

I have been watching the show since the first episode and watched a lot of interviews. Alan Ball has said that Anna and Stephen are his favorite couple. I think the way they wrote Sookie and Eric’s love scenes definitely shows that AB wanted to cool people off from E/S romance by making their love scenes cheesy and lame and passionless. Sookie definitely looked disconnected in their love scenes. They had some cinemax style s**, which was not what I wanted to see. I think AB succeeded, because a lot of people starting talking about Sookie and Bill getting back together after those lame scenes. I would say since Anna is more comfortable with Stephen, since they are married, maybe they should get back together and Eric should get a new love interest.

August 30, 2011 at 9:17 am

So basically you’re saying that the multi-award-winning Anna Paquin and the Academy Award-winning Alan Ball can’t act and can’t run a show, right?

• Viviana

August 30, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I did not say that at all in my comment. Anna is a great actress and AB is obviously talented and the show is great. What I was trying to say that I think that AB wrote E/S romance in such a way so that it would seem that Eric and Sookie don’t have any chemistry. I thought their love scene and the shower scene were lame, but I think it was purposely written and directed that way. And after that episode people started talking that Sookie has better chemistry with Bill, but I think a lot depends on the writing and directing. I think AB wanted to get Sookie and Bill back together and he tried to cool off E/S romance.

• Pat

August 29, 2011 at 2:45 pm

My jaw nearly dropped when eric told sookie he loved her! Now I can go back to other episodes and look at the eric and sookie scenes and know that it was genuine.

I cried when tommy died. I didnt like him too much but he died a violent painful death; so sad.

18. PAW

August 29, 2011 at 5:53 am

Hi, the episode was awesome but can someone please tell me why is PAM okay? She’s not decomposing anymore? HOW?

August 29, 2011 at 7:17 am

And you missed the episode where Ginger was giving her injections?

• Jules

August 29, 2011 at 10:10 am

I could be wrong, but I recall the supe doctor telling Pam that even with the injections and the “body peel” she would still be rotting on the inside. I think I remember the doc telling her this info so matter of fact and Pam having a look of horror on her face. I too , was surprised to see Pam, as if all was well.

August 29, 2011 at 11:27 am

She did, but she also said the injections would help her external appearance. I’m sure we’ll see that curse addressed in the next couple of episodes.

19. maxine howard

August 29, 2011 at 6:47 am

They could use some better writers! What happened to that real estate deal Tommy was swindling Maxine out of?

What in the world happened to Tara? It is like the writers do not know what to do with her character, and have her going all over the place.

I missed bad Eric, glad he is sort of back.

Just why did Jesus and Lafayette go to Mexico? Lots of confusing filler going on. Is the baby possessed, or was it the Creole ghost that tried to burn the house down? Glad Andy got off of the V. Although I thought it was a strange way to go about it. Shooting cans in woods. It apparently was swift,and hopefully worked.

This style of writing is starting to remind me of Miami Vice.
    Maybe they will hire new writers, and another director next season.

August 29, 2011 at 7:16 am

I think you missed a few episodes, Maxine Howard. All your questions have been answered already.

• Snoopmish

August 29, 2011 at 12:40 pm

The shooting of the cans makes perfect sense to me. My ex would do it like that with his brother, who is a cop and the ex former Army. It’s a binding thing for guys like that and it showed that Andy was off his game no matter what he said.

• Jessica

August 29, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I agree with Liz that most of the questions have been answered, but I also agree with the poster that a number of story lines get resolved in a sloppy manner. It seems like the writers get excited about ideas which they let kind of sputter out later, and often I’m left wondering why they spent time going in a particular direction in the first place. Some examples – the Tommy/Jessica/Hoyt story line (which I enjoyed) looked like it would go somewhere, but it never did; the Summer/Maxine/Hoyt drama left off unresolved, and it looks like it went nowhere; the Andy V-addition didn’t really amount to anything that would affect the main story line. With that said, if they did devote all their time to the main story lines involving Sookie/Eric/Bill, etc, I might spontaneously combust from an excess of entertainment enjoyment while I watched. 🙂

20. Tracy

August 29, 2011 at 8:19 am

Does anyone else think Sam may become a skinwalker too since he was at Tommy’s side upon this death? I know Sam didn’t do anything to hurt Tommy, but the thought did cross my mind.

August 29, 2011 at 8:28 am

It crossed my mind, too, but we were told explicitly that in order to become a skinwalker, a shifter has to kill a member of his/her family. Unless Sam not taking Tommy to the hospital (at his request) is seen as killing him, I don’t think he’ll become a skinwalker.

21. Cinder247

August 29, 2011 at 9:10 am

Eric shippers relax. Sookie said she still loves Eric but has feelings for Bill. I think the writing in this episode was vague & horrible. Especially the scene between Sookie and Eric. I do not see Sookie running back to Bill. But she needs some actual time to sort everything out. I would think having both of their blood in you would be rather confusing. And even though Bill lied & secretly did horrible things to her, she will always have a soft spot for him because he is her first love & she is a person with a large heart. She would never want him to be staked. I just think that the whole thing could have been written better. I am glad Eric remembers & admits to everything so we can skip that whole storyline. I guess we will see what happens to this triangle… We all know Eric & Sookie’s road of love is not a smooth one. I am glad Jessie stuck up for herself with Jason. Jason was wrong to ask that of her. Welcome back BA Eric, Pam & Jessica!

• Jessica

August 29, 2011 at 11:54 am

I can get behind that. Even in the books Sookie makes it clear that she has forgiven Bill for his mis deeds but she is not capable of loving him the same way she did. I hope that Alan Ball clears this storyline up quickly..

• priscilla

August 29, 2011 at 3:24 pm

Totally agree with you, this is so frustrating, AB is making sookie so weak minded. I can’t bare to watch sookie in the same room as Beehl anymore. For all the writiers this is just a love game for sookie and this back and forth will never end. Sookie should grow up and make up her mind. If this is all because of the blood, than why use the “LOVE’ word? It makes no sense.

August 29, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Priscilla, Sookie is not weak-minded. If anything she showed a very mature mind when she told Eric the honest truth, that she needed time to sort out her feelings. When has she had time? She’s been back from Faerie for maybe a week and look at all that she’s had to deal with since her return. Tommy/Sam fires her from Merlotte’s, she finds out that she no longer owns her house, she has to take care of Eric when he is cursed, her brother thinks he’s going to turn into a were-panther, Debbie Pelt went from trying to kill her to sweetness and light toward her while Alcide lets his testosterone take over and he gets all male-control with her, witches are waging war on the vampires that she cares about; let’s see, have I left out anything? In all of that, pray tell when does this poor girl have time to deal with two men who love her and whom she also loves? Would you be able to sort things out as quickly as you’d like her to? Cut The Sook some slack! 🙂

• WaitingSux

August 29, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Um excuse me but that episode was written very well. Of course some questions were left unanswered, it leaves you wanting more. Geez when did everyone become such experts on writing smash hit tv series? I agree about Jessica standing up for herself :), I think we’re going to see Jess grow out of baby vamp into full fledged bad a**.

22. Lyonene

August 29, 2011 at 10:08 am

I agree with Cinder247. I’m glad Eric has all of his memories back! its true about the first love thing, she will always love him but being in love is a different story. 🙂

23. MadRose@aol.com

August 29, 2011 at 1:36 pm

OMG ……. love this episode ! This is my first time posting a comment over the show, I come to rescue poor sookie, too many haters. In my opinion this season is not all that great,it hurts me to say it but there is too much going on for just in hour episode. It could of been magical more believable just like season one ( the first time sookie and bill meet ,as she turns around looks right at him and he does too wow, or even better when they first make love. Running threw the cemetery into bills house and they just go at it ) But NO everything is rush. I know we all get impatient and want to know what’s next but it’s too much. Also it was getting to pornographic. She look beautiful in her red Lingire. I been a fan since the premier of season 1 and it was love at first sight. This show had save me from my boering housewife life. I’ve work all my life and decided to be a mom so had to take time off (it’s hard work no joke) . This season was sad for me too many sookie haters WHY? Because she can’t decide who to be with ! Hello recap – ep 1 when sookie came back and bill shows up bill is like whatever towards her even to the point that he goes back home and bangs that chick that works for him WTF … Are u kidding me sookie just showed up after a year and on that same night and to top it off she almost walks inn on them. As For Eric love him even do he’s bad , but let’s face it we all love bad boys lol. She loves him I think she always had a thing for him even before she had his blood. Sookie is being honest to Eric saying she loves bill too but think about it bill was the first relationship she ever had. She can’t read his thoughts and finally feels normal she also lost her virginty to him. How could she just forget him just like that . She is not trying to be mean to Eric but wants him to know the truth. Think about it who would you choose, it’s hard !!!

24. Lauren

August 29, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I realize this storyline can’t just wrap up with a nice bow of Eric/Sookie love. That’s not realistic. Especially since Bill gave her a fresh new bout of his blood to rekindle those feelings she put to rest… But I do so hope they can REALLY give the show and actors a chance to explore a different kind of relationship for Bill and Sookie. I have LOVED Bill this season, with his King and father-like storylines, and have really enjoyed watching him come into his own as a stand alone character not JUST Sookie’s lover and I think that an actor who does such a good job with this character deserves the chance to explore this side of him. Plus, i’d love to see interaction between the two as friends and respectful neighbors without all the ex-lover, jealousy drama. Just to see how they make it.

So far I’m still happy with the story! Only 2 episodes left!!! Can’t wait to see Jess work that launcher! (HOT!!)

• Sookieeleana

September 1, 2011 at 7:23 am

“My only problem with the Sookie/Eric thing was not necessarily that she told him that she still had feelings for Bill, because lord knows we can all understand how long it takes to get over your first love (I went off and on with mine for 8 years!) but it was the fact that she had just had the conversation with him about how much she wanted her feelings to continue when he got his memory back. But when they did in fact come back you have an Eric just completely laying his heart out there for her, and she won’t even look at him. (In the beginning of the scene.) It just seemed very sad to me, and he seemed very sad. Like Sookie wasn’t even going to give him the chance to still be the guy she fell in love with.”

Lauren – that is really eloquently put – thank you! I also think this whole Sookie’s feelings issue higlights the problems with the show using quite a few different writers. Will Sookie and Eric even get another chance this season to talk stuff over with everything that is going on?

I do think the writers could write Sookie a bit more sympathically sometimes. I believe Charlaine Harris once said that she didn’t realise Sookie was such an angry character?
      A couple of my friends commented that she was quite happy not to think about Bill when she was screwing Eric like there is no tomorrow. It makes me sad to that a character I love so much is being so misunderstood / misused at the moment.

September 1, 2011 at 8:17 am

Sookie not only did look at Eric, she told him she loved him and reached for (and took) his hand! As for Sookie not “looking at him” at first, how was she to know which Eric she was dealing with? For all she knew, she was sitting with the old, sarcastic Eric who’s only interest was to get in her pants. She didn’t know anything UNTIL he started telling her how he feels. Then she said she loved him too and took his hand. Sorry, but given what Sookie knew about the old Eric, I would have hesitated too.

• Anja

September 3, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I don’t recall her actually TAKING his hand there, she tried, and put it there awkwardly 😛

25. Kimberly

August 29, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Am I the only one going WTF! at the vanishing act at the end of the episode. I mean, what the hell was that!? Where’d they go??!!

Also, I hope Sookie stays with Eric…he’s just too d*** sexy! Bill can’t be king if he’s constantly stressing about Sookie anyways.
    I heard that they were only doing 5 seasons, though, so I don’t know how they plan on wrapping 13(?) books into 5 seasons…I hope that’s a lie!

August 29, 2011 at 8:21 pm

They apparated! Like at the beginning of the episode when Martonia and her lackey disappeared from the hall where the Tolerance Festival turned into a bloodbath.

• Jessica

August 29, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Mel or Liz, did you also hear to rumor about stopping after 5 seasons? My heart will break if they do that.

August 29, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I have not heard that they were stopping after 5 seasons. As far as I have heard, the cast and crew are pretty committed to going on as long as they can.

• WaitingSux

August 29, 2011 at 10:46 pm

I’m guessing that the vanishing act transported them inside the moon goddess emporium, they’re all in there in the previews for next week 🙂

26. Danielle

August 29, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I pretty much lived this episode. I thought the terry/andy story line was hilarious. They only thing that bummed me out about this episode was that eric got all his memories back. Don’t get me wrong I’m beyond glad to have my BAMF Eric back, lets face it the bad boy thing is always hot. It just kinda makes me sad that we will miss the whole sookie knowing and eric not dynamic…it was fun in the book….also there was so much going on in this episode that it just hit me that eric is no longer cursed and debbie pelt is still alive hmmm AB mustneed her to stir up some more trouble…only two more episodes left I’m sad and excited all at the same time.

27. Viviana

August 30, 2011 at 12:09 am

Great job by Nancy Oliver; this was an amazing episode! I am so glad that Eric got his memory back! He looked so sexy in squad gear in the last scene. And I loved how Eric looked at Sookie after he remembered everything. Wow! But I can’t believe that Sookie turned him down after he professed his love to her. I think Eric should get a new love interest. I can’t get enough of him.

August 30, 2011 at 9:12 am

She didn’t necessarily turn him down. All she did was tell him she needed time to sort things out.

28. Lily

August 30, 2011 at 1:29 am

I just loved how Eric looked deliciously crestfallen when Sookie didn’t immediately reciprocate the intensity of his feelings and agree to be his. I chalk her reticence up to the fact that 4-5 days prior she was 50/50 scared and furious that Eric bought her house, and she’s attempting to reconcile her emotions for Bill. Or perhaps baby girl is just sleep deprived from a week of late nights, werepanther watch duty with Jason, crazy vampire sex, blood drinking and hallucinations. I imagine that takes a toll.

Can we talk about plot wish lists for next season? Most of these are not in the book, but since we are off page anyway…
    Here are my top 10:
    1. More Eric – Proud, BAMF w/tender heart. Yum!
    2. Another of Eric’s lady children showing up, opening up old jealousy wounds for Pam and cutting some new wounds in Sookie
    3. Jessica trying to date Jason’s dumb ass. Possible pregnant Big Momma Kitty Crystal rolling into town with other pregnant hotshot girls causing all sorts of trouble
    4. Pam playing the role of bad influence to Jessica’s maturing vampire
    5. Sookie discovering and being sufficiently grossed out by Bill’s incestuous relationship with Portia

I wonder if they’ll push out Nan and use that to introduce Victor…

• Kdee

August 30, 2011 at 6:07 pm

I’d like to see more of the ERIC and Sookie love story, of course!!! Who wouldn’t? In the book, Eric and Sookie’s love goes on for quite a while and is really passionate, intimate and beautiful. I didn’t feel that on screen…it was so obvious that Eric was holding back and as much as I love Alexander – he just didn’t come across as passionate as he could have been – it was disappointing.

I’m glad Lafayette was left in the series (instead of being killed off like in the book). His acting is superb and I’m enjoying the character, Jesus! I love Bill as a King – he makes a good one!

I sure hope Jason Momoa is chosen for the tiger!!

For my Season 5 wish list I’d like to see more of faerie and faeries! – in the book Sookie has a lot of interaction and at one point is taken, held hostage and tortured…I don’t really want that for poor Sookie but it’d be really cool to see more of the faeries – an entire different world to explore! I like that Sookie is coming into her own, so to speak, as far as knowing who she is and she’s showing more confidence.
      I can’t wait for the season finale. My friends and I are throwing True Blood season finale party. The REALLY cool thing about living on the west coast is that we get to start watching the show at 6pm and then watch the 8, 9 and 11 too.:-)

• Anja

September 3, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Lily – I like your number 2 idea! And I think you might be onto something, as I recall there is a casting call for a hot female Vampire for season 5… I could totally see it being Eric’s child before Pam, long not seen and suddenly returned -Sookie will go nuts and want him like crazy all of a sudden, you’ll see.

29. Lily

August 30, 2011 at 1:40 am

6. More Jesus & Lafyette exploring magic
    7. Hadley in town — better yet, Hadley dating Pam and double dating with Eric & Sook
    8. Terra with some true happiness
    9. Bill getting higher and mightier on his horse — possibly having a relationship with another queen/ king
    10. Claude the gay, stripper fairy cousin moving in with Sookie

30. Anne

August 31, 2011 at 12:31 pm

I loved this episode. Every storyline was great. Terry and Andy bonded and it seems like their time together helped Andy with his addiction. I was sad to see Tommy go; I wish he would have lived, I felt bad for Sam. Most importantly, Eric is back to his sexy and confident self! Wow! It was a surprise that he remembered everything and that he retained part of the nice Eric. He looked really upset when Sookie told him that she is indecisive about her feelings towards him and Bill. I guess before she was mad at Bill, but when Bill was about to be killed, her feelings for him were reawakened. Sookie realized at that moment that she still loves Bill. I understand Sookie’s position, but I’m kind of over this triangle already. If Sookie wants to go back to Bill, it’s fine, but please give Eric a new love interest. He is so sexy and I just want to watch his love scenes, that’s all! He looked so good in that last scene when exiting the van!