Tonight on True Blood: “Soul of Fire”

Get ready for the True Blood penultimate episode tonight, Truebies! Who will survive the vampire’s attack on The Goddess Emporium? What will happen to Mantonia? Does Marcus survive Sam’s fury? Will Alcide survive Debbie’s? Will Pam ruin another pair of pumps? It all happens on “Soul of Fire”. Read the official synopsis:

As the Wiccan-vampire standoff reaches a critical juncture, Sookie summons her faerie powers to prevent Marnie from bewitching Bill, Eric and Pam into a suicide march, while Jesus casts a secret spell designed to un-bind Antonia and break the witch’s deadly defenses. Sam settles a score with Marcus; Alcide confronts Debbie about her allegiances; Andy finds unexpected passion in the forest; Lafayette is consumed by the past.

The casting call for this episode raises questions as well: [MAURELLA] 25 to 35. A luminous, lithe, sinewy, otherworldly woman, she moves with a ballerina’s grace and possesses mysterious powers. A seductress…POSSIBLE RECURRING. Hmm…

“Soul of Fire” airs tonight at 9/8 Central, only on HBO and HBO GO. In the meantime, watch last week’s True Blood Radio discussing “Burning Down the House” and featuring an exclusive interview with Alexander Skarsgard, watch the previews for tonight’s episode, and be sure to join us for tonight’s live chat at 8:45/7:45c.

1. LeAnne

September 4, 2011 at 10:41 am

my guess (as far as people getting “knocked off”) in this and possibly next episode would be Marcus, Debbie, Marnie and possibly Jesus (though I hope they don’t kill off Jesus) and Holly… would love to hear everyone elses opinions on this 🙂

2. Jules

September 4, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I agree w/ your list LeAnne, Marcus did tell Alcide he would make a great leader, and that would definitely open up that spot. I can’t help but feel Jesus isn’t a permanent character. Oh, let’s not forget about Nan!

• NurseBetty

September 4, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I think Jesus is secure this episode because he’s in the last episode.

• LeAnne

September 5, 2011 at 10:38 am

oh yes Jules…. Nan! She saw Sookie use her “lightning trick”….. she has to go! 🙂

3. Cara Downey

September 4, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I love the show and I think that Alan and company including cast have done an excellent job. I must say that I will be really upset if Jesus is killed off. He is an important part of the cast and he brings something different to the characters. I like him and laffy together, and I can see this couple going through a lot and growing stronger. I am hoping that all the spoilers and possible kill list isn’t true. I mean Alan got Kevin (Jesus) from southland, Kevin gave up that spot to do trueblood. I am hoping that the producres etc… take that into account.

4. Jessica

September 4, 2011 at 2:48 pm

Since Alan Ball said it would be characters that we “know and love,” I think it has to be at least 1 main member of the cast. I think it will be Jesus, Marnie, Debbie, hopefully Tara (this is wishful thinking), possibly Nan, and maybe 1 more.

5. Bethany

September 4, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Well, they have all but written Jessica into a corner, so my guess is she will be one of the vamps taken out. She was never in the books, and TB has given the actress amazing press, so she may want to move on to bigger and (want to say better, but am better she will never find better) things.

I don’t see them getting rid of Tara, as her character gets more and more important as you go on in the books, and being Sookie’s only real friend, would most likely be like that in the shows.

I don’t want to see them kill off Jesus, but think the actor is SUPER busy, and could see him as disposable. If played right however, he can really give Lala some air time, and make him the character we all love.

Nan needs to go. She has now seen what Sookie can do. Either they will take her out (I know we don’t really “love” Nan, but we do love to hate her.) or they will use that to take on books 6 and up. The queen knew what Sookie could do, and now there is no queen. Nan is a wonderful replacement for that.

I know we have not seen her yet this season, but previous reports stated that Hadley is supposed to be a vamp this year. She could come into play now, get killed off, and open up the main storyline for Definately Dead.

I can’t imagine they will leave Mantonia alive in all of this. And weather we love the character, we LOVE Finola Shaw, so that would count.

I think they might decide to use Holly as “the witch” in the remaining storylines, as well as a love interest for Andy. So I don’t think she is going anywhere.

Personally I think they will be bringing in some extra Fae, to open the doors to the further storyline involving the Fae war and such as well.

Just MHO. We will soon see who got it right. he he he. (Only 3 hours and 42 minutes from when I post this to go.)

6. Kelly

September 4, 2011 at 5:48 pm

There was a pretty interesting interview with Alexander Woo ( http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/true-blood-ep-defends-bill-231117 ). He talked about Eric, Bill and Sookie’s future. As long as I get to see more Eric, I’m good.

7. Luna Pantera

September 4, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Was it my imagination, but it look like Jason in one of the promotos severally burned. They couldn’t kill of Jason right?!!! I can see them killing of Laffy, thought I would be totally peeved if they did…because he “officially” dead in the first book. This is going to definitely be a nail biter!!!

8. Snoopmish

September 4, 2011 at 6:52 pm

I admit, I am very nervous about how angry I may be by the end of the episode tonight.

September 4, 2011 at 7:38 pm

You could always record it and watch it later after a glass or two of wine. 🙂

• Snoopmish

September 4, 2011 at 7:57 pm

I may buy some after the show….lol

9. susnebraska

September 4, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Who will they kill off? Ugh. I’d like to see Nan go bye, bye. Mantonia perhaps in the final episode. Jesus, Jessica, Lafayette will not be killed off, nor will Holly or Tara. I think minor characters will die: those two sheriff vamps in Mantonia’s control, for instance, and perhaps some of her cohorts.

Obviously, Bill and Eric are safe.

As for Debbie and Marcus, hmn? They may die after having relations, and Alcide finding out, and Sam going after him.

Luna will stay, I think.

Tara is annoying, but she’s a plays a pivotal role here.
    Alcide stays.

Hoyt stays, although I don’t know where his character will go, after his loss of Jessica, and the buddy problems he shall presumably face with best pal Jason.

I think Andy may have a relationship soon with Holly.

Oh I don’t know. I can’t wait until tonight’s episode!!!!

10. Dawn Marie

September 4, 2011 at 8:44 pm

YEA! The wicked witch is dead

11. Kdee

September 4, 2011 at 9:13 pm

I really enjoyed this episode. Sookie in the burning circle was great and the faerie in the woods with Andy was really fun! The show left me gasping in a couple spots – when Marnie threw the knife into that girl and also when the Eric, Bill, et al were being pulled into the protection zone to burn! In the past I couldn’t separate comparing the books with the series but now I absolutely love the TV series and look forward to the next several years :-)…but it looks like Nan is going to put Eric and Bill at the stake to burn! Yikes!

12. JDizzle

September 4, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Love it: Andy’s hot love interest??? Faerie?

13. dizzybell

September 4, 2011 at 11:05 pm

I felt a bit disappointed 🙁 I just want her to pick Eric already! The episode had too much about all the other characters, they need to refocus the show again. Its gone in all sorts of directions, the books at least focused in on a crisis at a time.

September 4, 2011 at 11:43 pm

This was focused on a crisis: the witch war. We saw how that affected Sookie, Bill, Eric, Lafayette, Jesus, Tara, Holly, Marnie, Antonia, Jason and Jessica. That’s a lot of characters served by one storyline! And now we’re moving into the setup for season 5 (faeries?).

• LeAnne

September 5, 2011 at 2:41 pm

AB did an awsome job with the witch was story line and all of the people who were as a result affected by it. Even the characters who didn’t have a role in the Moongoddess scenes has a good storyline going! I have loved this season!

14. LeAnne

September 5, 2011 at 10:56 am

Thanks everyone for all of your opinions 🙂

15. Sookieeleana

September 5, 2011 at 11:49 am

Awesome episode with great pace.
    Hard to pick the best bits – except for Roy’s death of course (how can I swoon so much over a guy licking someone’s heart that he just pulled out?).
    Loved Andy in the woods – no one will ever believe him.
    Thought Jesus was amazing.
    Alcide / Debbie – great nod to the books.
    Pam had the best lines as usual.

Will the things I want resolving get resolved next week, i.e. Jason/Jess/Hoyt and Sookie/Eric.
    That’s my only worry that so much is going to be left hanging with so little screen time left.

• LeAnne

September 5, 2011 at 2:38 pm

You are right about the nod to the books…. I was sooooo happy that they chose that scene as one of the “book stories” so to speak to stand true to! I really like the actress and her character needs to go out with a blast (litterally)

16. lulu

September 5, 2011 at 1:30 pm

wow what an episode my heart was racing so fast i couldnt wait to see what happend ,it was superb,whats going to happen next week can only be more amazing,this season has been the best so far. then we have to wait a year! for the next one with only repeats on our dvds to remember them by.There are no words to describe this show,exceptional,amazing,spell binding, glorious,well thats a few anyway.Well done AB and the team its been a blast.x

17. maxine howard

September 5, 2011 at 6:53 pm

After watching this season 4, I am thinking they could use a
    new writing staff. They do not seem to know what to do with feisty Tara!
    I like her part in the series, and they, meaning the writers, and AB need to
    seriously fix her part.

The whole hillbilly love orgy with Jason, was uck! Although,
    I think like some of you, that Lil Red Riding Hood, might be Crystal.
    But in one way, it kind of makes more sense for Debbie to
    dress up as Lil Red Riding Hood, since she is a werewolf. Well kind of? If you
    know what I mean.

I am glad Bad Ass Eric is back! I did love the scene where
    Eric turned Roy’s heart into a
    sippy cup!

Tara needs to remind her friend
    Sookie, how Bill, set up the Rattrays to beat her until she almost died. Even
    if he was following orders. Her character started off strong, and now is wimpy.
    I guess her lightning hands come in handy sometimes.

About the scene where Eric pointedly told his prodigy Pam,
    not to fire that bazooka. It was a direct order. It reminded me of the speech Bill
    was giving Jessica, about the consequences of not obeying your maker. I cannot remember
    exactly what he told her would happen, if she tried to not obey him? Not that
    these writers would necessarily follow what was claimed back a couple of
    seasons ago.

Did they really think that awful suicide scene, for Eric and Bill was the only way to go? That was just too dumb, and hardly vampiric lol!

I wish AB would of tried harder to get Bubba in the series.
    I miss Bubba!

I don’t think Debbie ever got over her Cooter dying. Somehow that relationship worked for her. I think Brit Morgan did a great job with this character. You were supposed to hate her. And she sure made us do that.

I also like a lot of others, loved the abjured scene that Alcide did.

I love the Sam character; he has that dangerous side to him. Like they said in one of the episodes, you do not want to cross this guy.

They said someone else would die, and they keep sowing that
    hand with blood dripping. I hope that is not Hoyt. I am thinking it may be
    though. Or possibly Jesus?

September 6, 2011 at 8:59 am

Well you know, you could always send in your resume with all your experience and get on the writing team yourself! Then you’re sure to get 100% satisfaction. 😀

September 6, 2011 at 9:35 am

RE: Eric & Pam – did you not see him banish her at the end of the episode? The fallout from Pam disobeying him is going to be major. I hope it carries through to season 5 because a scorned Pam will be AMAZING to watch.

18. Melanie W

September 6, 2011 at 12:48 am

So love this episode, and how they are resolving the witch war storyline. I was thrilled to see Alcide abjure Debbie (I just finished reading the book w/ that in it), now she can die! Yay, I’ve wanted her dead for so long (is it terrible to want someone even a pretend person very very dead??? Oh well!).

I was glad to see some Sookie flash-fingers again, felt like it had been a long time, and now we get two in a row. She’s really coming into her own with her powers, which is good since it looks like the fairies are coming. I wondered where that storyline had gone, but here it starts coming back on top of everything else!

I have loved this season, I’ve loved the witch storyline and Fiona Shaw is brilliant as Marnie/Martonia. Brilliant!

So excited for the final episode! (Except that it means a long long wait for the next season)

19. Tyron Karrels

September 8, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Hi Jessi. I dont see any sense, because Mccampbell has explaned everything in details. Just read the upper comments!