Friday Five: Predictions for Season 4 Finale

As the season finale looms before us, fans have been speculating a lot about how the season will wrap up and what the cliffhanger will be. Who lives? Who dies – again? What plots may continue next season? Today we’ve chosen the top five predictions being murmured about in fandom.

1. Jesus dies – I truly don’t want this to happen because I adore Kevin Alejandro, and I’m not alone. And didn’t they kill his character off of SouthLAnd? Besides, who’s going to teach Lafayette how to control his ability?
  2. The Jessica thing – Some fans think that Jess will be a casualty of season 4. I don’t think that will happen because there’s a lot more of her story that could be told. Some think she will end up with Jason. Possible, however, I think she just needs to spend more time with her father.
  3. Hoyt and FOTS – There are many, myself included, who think that Hoyt will be pushed over the edge with the revelation that Jason slept with Jessica. This will steer him toward the Fellowship of the Sun. Make no mistake – they will return.
  4. Russell Edgington returns – Rumors have been flying that he will make his appearance in the finale, but HBO laid that to rest when a spokesperson announced that Denis O’Hare will not be back this season. Still, we may get a hint in the finale.
  5. Fairies, Hotshot and Terry – We know that a new character is introduced in the finale, and he is someone from Terry’s military past. Does he bring trouble or something else? The fairies are cooking something up and it may involve Andy. Unless the Hotshot issue us suddenly resolved in the finale, we’ll probably see more from those uncle daddies and Crystal.
I know you guys all have your own lists, so share in the comments below!

1. summer

September 9, 2011 at 10:30 am

Comments to statement 1. They also killed his character off in Sons of Anarchy too!! And the way they offed him, was MESSED up!

I hope it is Nan, because she thinks she is “very powerful” and thinks she is above everyone else because she is the HEAD speaker for the Vampires.

I say, “Whatev” Nan!!!

September 9, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Kevin needs a break. LOL!

• ScottishTrubie

September 23, 2011 at 7:44 am

Didnt they also kill off his character in Ugly Betty? Or am I thinking of someone else?…

2. Stephanie at Fangs Wands and Fairy Dust

September 9, 2011 at 11:19 am

I agree that Jesus is probably considered expendable. He came in as a catalyst for the magic story line. That is almost finished, so. Also Holly may be expendable for the same reason. She’s not there just because she can wait tables. And with his new fairy girlfriend she might not be important to Andy either.

I think the Hotshot story line is “put paid.”
    Hoyt and FOTS maybe.
    I am pretty sure that Debbie bites the big one. But, who knows. As far as Terry’s army buddy if Ball is using anything from the books he could be trouble. But, other than the Sookster who has ever (since Gran died) brought anything good to Bon Temps. Steph

3. ARH

September 9, 2011 at 11:40 am

So, I just remembered in episode 2 when Sookie asks Bill to tell Eric to give her the house back, he makes some comment about Eric having powerful allies. Also, when all the vamps are chained in the basement and Nan is yelling at them, Eric says, very matter-of-factly, that her time is finished. And then of course, there’s Nan’s alluding several times to “factions” she is fighting. My prediction is that Eric is part of one of these factions and he will be key in taking her out in the season finale and he will somehow then be “promoted” politically. I think it would lend some more friction to his relationship with Bill, and of course with Sookie because he won’t be able to just follow his heart and will need to be thinking politically. Who knows, though, right? 🙂 Also, I think Jesus will die exorcising Marnie, and Hoyt may die (although I like the FOTS idea) because he has said several times that he would “die” without Jess. I can’t wait for Sunday!

4. Jules

September 9, 2011 at 12:16 pm

All I know is my husband will revolt if they kill Jessica! I don’t think that will happen since there is a lot of possibilities for her. I have to say, I really don’t see what they can/will do with Tara at this point. I am curious.

5. Liz

September 9, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Could we please refrain from book spoilers? Not all who watch True Blood have read the books, and whether or not the things in the books actually happen on the show, fans who are planning on reading the series don’t know what has happened yet. Respect those people. 🙂

• Kristen

September 9, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Ya this site is alllllllll about Trueblood AND it’s spoilers :/ just pointing that out

September 10, 2011 at 12:00 am

And we keep the spoilers clearly marked in the SPOILERS column. Or at least if there may be a spoiler in one of our posts, we give a fair warning. Just pointing that out.

6. Godric

September 9, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Hmmmm….might best to kill off Tara and Hoyt…I am guessing Debbie finally dies but who knows…hopefully they will hint at Russell Edgington’s return. They better not hurt my Pammy or Jessica though…lol

7. Godric

September 9, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Hmmm yeah I think Bill and Eric will take Nan out….

8. Mich

September 9, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I think Pam will die because erik has already said he will kill her if she gets in the way of sookie. If she does that will majorly suck so am hoping not but maybe.

• Kristen

September 9, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Not no way no how! Pam isn’t dying this season

• Mich

September 9, 2011 at 11:35 pm

yeh i know dont want her to die either. but the problem is someone with cred in this show has to die because we know erik, sook, and bill etc with other majors wont and somewhere somehow someone with cred will have to be killed to keep us on our toes.

• bryant

September 12, 2011 at 10:22 am

i think Pam had set Russell Edgington free in order to get back at eric for caring about sookie so much