Tonight on True Blood: Season Finale “And When I Die”

This is it Truebies! The final episode to another fabulous season of True Blood. Are we ready? Probably not. I’m not ready for the season to be finished. The fact that we had no breaks at all made it fly even faster, but thanks you HBO. By the way, if you don’t have HBO GO yet, now would be a good time to get it. You’ll be able to re-watch the entire season and re-live your favorite moments.

“And When I Die” airs tonight at 9/8 Central, only on HBO and HBO GO. In the meantime, watch last week’s True Blood Radio as we discuss “Soul of Fire”, watch the previews for tonight’s episode, and be sure to join us for tonight’s live chat at 8:45/7:45c.

It’s Samhain, Wicca’s greatest holy day, and spirits of the dead surface in Bon Temps, giving Sookie some valuable allies to combat Marnie’s newest incarnation. Lafayette’s latest medium encounter imperils his relationship with Jesus; Jason finds confession good for the soul, but not the body; Alcide makes a heartfelt appeal to the woman he loves; Terry receives an unexpected visitor at Merlotte’s; Sam and Luna envision a storybook ending, for once; Nan wears out her welcome with Bill and Eric. As Season Four comes to a shattering conclusion, Debbie confronts Sookie and Tara with deadly consequences, and the denizens of Bon Temps brace for a new crisis with a familiar face.

1. Sookieeleana

September 11, 2011 at 1:39 pm

OMG! I am so incredibly nervous. I’ve really enjoyed this season but as usual it’s make or break on finale night. I am desperate for Sookie to choose Eric, I don’t want Jesus to die, I hope Pam is ok, I hope Jason is ok, I hope Laffy is ok. Watch everyone I love be involved in a 9 month cliff-hanger!
    I am going to need alcohol tonight 🙂

2. LeAnne

September 11, 2011 at 2:35 pm

AAAHHHH!!! Who will die? Who will be the “returning dead”??? Halloween is the perfect day to have the Finale!!!! My favorite holiday and my favorite show!!! Soooo excited to see this episode! 5 1/2 hours to go! Let’s do this! 😉

3. Patrick

September 11, 2011 at 7:05 pm

Cannot wait!!!!

4. Krista muray

September 11, 2011 at 9:12 pm

What a show I wonder if Tara will be ok??? I hope alcide n sookie get together perfect couple!! I wish this show ran all year long rather than two months!!!

• Yvette

September 11, 2011 at 9:29 pm

I hope they have not killed Tara, I enjoyed her prior to this season… Why do they always have to have black women end up butch… feminine strength does not mean masculine…. If they have killed her off that is it for me… I will be out….on True Blood…

September 12, 2011 at 8:54 am

I don’t think we’ve been watching the same show for four seasons. 😉

5. Kdee

September 11, 2011 at 9:16 pm

AWESOME! This was the BEST in the series! What a great one! So sad for Lafayette 🙁 I LOVE how Bill and Eric were prepared for Nan! AWESOME!! But the end with Sookie and Tara brought tears to my eyes…so sad…but maybe Tara will be saved…somehow? A lot of questions surrounding Terry now, poor Arlene…what could possibly happen?! hah hah – all in all this one makes it easy to “rest” until the next season starts. Thanks for not stressing me out with some awful cliffhanging senario between Eric, Sookie and Bill. She did the right thing for her.

6. Melissa

September 11, 2011 at 9:25 pm

I love Sookie’s outfit at the end of the finale, where can I find that brown leather jacket, shirt and pants????? Please let me know!! Thanks!!

7. Jules

September 11, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Honestly, most of it I had anticipated. What I didn’t expect was Steve Newlin! That is something to look forward to, as well as Russell. I hope season 5 is given back to the vamps

8. Danielle

September 11, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Holy crap! I’m never gonna survive til next season. Thank god for being able to re watch everything on hbogo.

9. Nikki

September 11, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Saddest death: Jesus
    Shocking death: Tara (really didn’t expect that one)
    Obvious death: Nan
    Steve Newlin as a vamp: Surprised, but someone mentioned it previously on this board so I wasn’t as shocked as I was about Tara
    Russel escaping: not surpised because of all the spoilers

These next 9 months are going to be tough!!!

10. Robbie

September 11, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Great ending. Bill and Eric drank sookie’s blood so they will know she is in danger and hopefully save tara, though with Lafyette as a medium is anyone truly dead? Who was the wolf that went after Sam? With russel back is anyone safe? He was down there a year, someone must have taken him out. Nan and her faction? So many questions. I can’t wait til June!

11. Cinder247

September 11, 2011 at 11:21 pm

The only way Tara’s living through that is if she is turned by either Bill or Eric. Which wolf from Marcus’s pack was trying to take Sam out? What do you think Steve Newlin wants with Jason? His showing up was crazy unexpected. What do you think of the Eric and Bill bromance? They will have to work together to survive the True Death sentences. And Russell Edgington is coming for Eric, Bill, Sookie, Pam & Alcide. They all had a part in his downfall.

12. Cookiespice1

September 12, 2011 at 12:15 am

Maybe Eric will order Pam to turn her, to earn his forgiveness. Perhaps the vampires on the show are only allowed one child each. I guess we’ll see if Rutina is done with the show.

13. Bellarenne

September 12, 2011 at 1:19 am

Didn’t anyone notice towards the end of the show they played music from twilight when bella and Edward were laying in the forest in the first movie that song came on in the end!! Go twilight, trueblood, and the vampire diaries!!

September 12, 2011 at 2:27 pm

No they did not. 🙂

14. Khronus

September 12, 2011 at 1:59 am

Pam let the king out. She knew where to find him, he’s older than northmann which isn’t a common thin thing, and she’s very angry with him. I suspected that she did right away.

15. Sophie

September 12, 2011 at 11:50 am

Am I the only one that thinks Pam released King Russell from the concrete? I think she was sooo pissed with everyone, including her Maker fawning over Sookie that she wants her gone. She knew King Russell would want to kill Sookie because of her involvement in him getting buried. She was one of the few people that knew what happened to him/where he was buried, and the only person that would be of use to her. Pam is going to get it from Eric when he finds out what she did! But it’s sad because I was REALLY LOOKING FORWARD to the close friendship Pam and Sookie had in the books. Well, I guess that’ll never happed now 🙁

September 12, 2011 at 11:56 am

Nope, you’re not the only one! Many have commented the same thing in various places on our website. I don’t think she did it, but I can see why many would come to that conclusion.

16. Soledade

September 12, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I’m just guessing, but I’m going to say it anyway. Is it remotely possible that Sookie will gain a new fairy power and bring Tara back to life (if she’s dead)? I was just thinking that since her (Sookie’s) powers appear to be growing, that the power to heal could be a possibility.

I’ve just started reading the books, so I’m not sure what type of powers fairies have. But I do know that (apparently) True Blood varies from the book.

17. Khronus

September 12, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I’d bet money it was Pam who let the king out. She wanted to kill him, not bury him. That’s one point against but she’s the only one that makes since. Unless one of his people did it but idoubt that. He’d be very weak and wouldn’t argue with her. She could kill him easily in the state he was buried in. I don’t know why but I’m sure it’s her. And if she were to turn someone it’d be the bar girl from bossier city that works at f-tasia.