POLL: True Blood Season 4 Finale’s Most Shocking Moment

WARNING: If you haven’t seen the True Blood season 4 finale, DO NOT CONTINUE! Seriously, huge, major, ginormous spoilers ahead!

OK, with that out of the way, shall we talk shockers? Jaw droppers? OMGWTFBBQ moments? The True Blood season finale was full of gasp-inducing moments, but which was the most shocking? Take the poll below and tell us what you thought.

SERIOUSLY. SPOILER ALERT.

[polldaddy poll=5497415]

1. Evie

September 12, 2011 at 12:45 pm

my god this was a good season finale!! i had this inkling that the good Reverand was coming back as a vamp..now Debbie killing Tara…boy that was a freakin OMG moment!! i had no idea that that was going to happen!!! i was just expecting Tara to have a gun and take care of Debbie not get her brains shot out…man 9 months is freakin too long for True Blood to come back!!

2. SookieGirl

September 12, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I was really surprised by the Bill/Eric Team up… I loved it!!! “We’re Not Puppy Dogs!” …oh and I loved it when they were still tied together on the stake… “we’re still a little crispy up here”
    Best lines of the season!

• sarah

September 15, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Totally what I was going to say. Great Comment

3. AfroSamuraiBlak

September 12, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I was shocked to see Tara get her head blown off… i was OMFG what just happened, i was really starting to like Jesus, and they killed… but lafayette is my favorite character, so i was glad to see he’s still with us!

4. Ken Knuckles

September 12, 2011 at 1:22 pm

What was up with Newlin turning into a vampire! WOW!

• Andrea

September 12, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Maybe he was the one to dig up Russell?

5. Kirsty

September 12, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Wow I watched it today and it was amazing ! I can’t vote because they are all the best moments the opening bit where marnie stabs Jesus hand was an OMG !

6. Bernadine

September 12, 2011 at 3:08 pm

True Blood only gets better and better. The whole show was pretty shocking but Tara getting killed was the “I can’t believe that really just happened” moment. It was a very sad moment knowing she is gone and having to wait until next summer to find out anything else

7. Cha

September 12, 2011 at 4:11 pm

This show is everything and much much more!! I was in a complete True Blood Trance watching this season. Always in a rush for Sunday nights to roll around (which is insane because Sunday is the prelude to a new work week) I would keep my two year old up & out all day playing at the park visiting family and all kinds of bouncing and jumping fun to ensure an early nite-nite so that mommy can make her way to the carpet picnic I’d prepared & my bloody Sunday delight!! I always get super sad when they start the count down to the finale because waiting 9 months for a guilty pleasure as good as this is like 2000 year old vampire being riddled with silver bullets. Oh the ecstasy and the agony. The ultimate shock for me was little sasafrass Tara Mae being taken out, 🙁 I can only hope that our new vampire female will be Tara. I’m thinking in order for Bill or Eric to save her she will need to be turned. Well that’s my 2cents.

• Jill

September 12, 2011 at 7:44 pm

Me and my kids had the same Sunday routine.

• Cha

September 13, 2011 at 9:50 am

Right on!! Trubie Mommies unite!! Lol

8. SookieGirl

September 12, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Is Tara really dead??? I don’t see them killing her off… it would be too much for Lafeyette right now. I’m thinking Tara is going to get some major vamp blood, have saucey dreams about Bill (most likely it will be Bill) … I can’t see Pam breaking Russell out. Maybe Russell has another child to whom he summoned???

9. Peter

September 12, 2011 at 6:22 pm

There were so many shocking moment’s just being the season hard to pick just one but the one not on the lists is that the last episode was just that the end of the season. After waiting for so long from the end of season 3 to get to season 4 then only plays for 9 to 10 weeks.It’s just hmm whats the word? I dunno but I am sure you get my point. lol 🙂 I love Sookie now that she has left the vamps will she be with Alcide was that her motive to what she did? If Tara has a heartbeat at all there could sti8ll be time to save her Bill and Eric should be able to feel her distress and then feed Tara some miracle blood guess we will have to wait and see on that one.Well I will be waiting on pins and needles till next season,having watched this show since season one and being a fan since then the show has taken a much more exciting turn and some real shocking moments. I believe this is the first horror soap opera that is a real hit and should give us many more years of entertainment at least I hope so.

10. Dina Houben

September 12, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I think Nan dug up Russell, and Russell turned Newlin because Nan mentioned something about groups being against the AVL and the Authority to Bill and Eric. She said she was fired and was going to join one of those groups. Who else would be a great weirdo to russells world domination then the freak Steve newlin, and I wonder if his wife was turned too, maybe they will start a new Vampire church? Just my guess, i don’t think Nan was expecting to get staked, but being able to at least talk Eric into joining her. Biggest surprise was Tara being killed, but I seriously cheered out loud. I was sick of her storyline and her annoying quivering lip. Good riddence. But, i loved Jesus, will miss him. Now you guys need to reset the countdown clock!!

• Cha

September 13, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I am loving your Nan dug up Grandpa Russ theory. I think it naked perfect sense. Not too sure about the Rev though. I hear you about Tara I loved to hate her for seasons1-2, however I totally started feeling her character changes in 3 she showed more vulnerabilities and in 4 she was completly powered and more comfortable in her own skin. Whatever the rhyme or reason one thing you said is 100% correct the countdown to season 5 has begun.

11. NannyVamp

September 12, 2011 at 7:09 pm

The most jaw dropping moment for me was Tara being shot. The good reverend returning as a vamp wasn’t as surprising, but it still took me off guard. The Dallas vamps could have done it in retribution. What would be a better punishment than to turn him into what he most hated? Jesus I will miss as much as Layfayette does. I needed tissue even though I predicted he would be the one to go. This finale was one of the best ever, and I loved this season. Hats off to Alan Ball, cast, and crew for a phenomenal fourth season!

12. patricia

September 13, 2011 at 5:50 pm

I liked the end of season 4, but I think they could have done it way much better! I liked the way it started and the way it finished, but I think they mess up in the middle, I found myself a little dissapointed.

13. Nicole Gomez

September 15, 2011 at 7:54 am

Most Disliked Moment of True Blood Season 4 Finale?!