Uncategorized

SPOILERS: A Teeny Tidbit on True Blood Season 5

Ausiello has a morsel of information about True Blood season 5 for us in this week’s spoiler column.

Question: OK Mikey (is it alright if I call you that?), now that True Blood has come to an end, please give us some dirt — even the tiniest amount — about next season! —Paige
Ausiello:
 Season 5 will pick up right where Season 4 left off — with Tara’s brains splattered all over Sookie’s kitchen floor. And to answer your first question, it’s most definitely not alright, Paige.

I think most of us assumed we’d pick up right where we left off, but consider this official confirmation.

1. Vamp

September 14, 2011 at 7:24 am

Waiting sucks even more after this season.

• chatauna

September 25, 2011 at 12:04 pm

im ready for it to fast forward and be here now! dang it… this is defiantly a hard wait this time around.

2. Granna

September 14, 2011 at 8:31 am

THANK Goodness for HBOGo! Of course, it overwhelms my satelite download limit so I have to go to the library (nearest hot spot) and sit with my back to the wall so no one can see. Otherwise I have a crowd around me watching too. LOL!

And IF Ausiello IS completely right in his spoiler tidbit – you don’t recover when your “brains splattered all over Sookie’s kitchen floor.”

SO … are Eric and Bill going to show up – sensing Sookie’s fear and anger – and turn Tara to save her? Don’t think that she’d like that much.

But the doors are open …

September 14, 2011 at 8:47 am

You know, I’ve watched that scene over and over again and I see glass covered in blood, but no brain matter.

• Nothinbutjoy

September 14, 2011 at 1:09 pm

It looks really brain matter-y to me, but there is blood covered glass as well. Guess that’s why they call them “cliffhangers” LOL It really could go in more than a couple of different directions.

• Gracie

September 14, 2011 at 2:58 pm

I really hope if there’s no choice but to turn her bill does that because Eric will just use Tara and manipulate sookie but bill won’t!

• alcat

September 18, 2011 at 6:09 am

in the books eric does use tara could be eric that turns her

• Hilarie

September 23, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Bill has used and manipulated Sookie many times. I do believe he is truly in love with her, but it hasn’t stopped him. At the very least, Eric is honest about himself. Everyone knows he’s no good – although I am definitely a fan of Sookie/Eric:) Bill tries too hard to pretend to be better than he actually is.

• summer

September 15, 2011 at 9:20 am

Rutina Wesley stated, that part of her brains were shot out in one of her numerous interviews with the last couple of dates.

If Eric/Bill respond to Sookie’s fear,and if they attempt to save Tara, she will have went from hating vampires to becoming one. She isn’t dead, she will be BORN.

3. Marko

September 14, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I think Sookie will discover a new fairy power and heal Tara back to normal idk just a thought

September 14, 2011 at 9:15 pm

This is what’s been rolling around in my head as well.

• summer

September 15, 2011 at 9:22 am

That was what I was thinking too!

I was wondering why she didn’t use her power to take Debbie down, but also thought maybe her fairy powers has another dimension to it as well, when she had Tara in her arms.

• LeAnne

September 17, 2011 at 12:32 pm

I think maybe it all happened to fast…. one minute Debbie was aiming @ her then Tara came running and got shot! lol

• pve

September 19, 2011 at 1:44 pm

I read a list of fairie powers and ablitites. Healing is not one of them.

4. Me

September 14, 2011 at 10:30 pm

Ok, no offense to Tara(god rest her soul) but did everyone here miss the whole Russel Edgington not being in the cement thing!? What the heck!

September 14, 2011 at 11:07 pm

We noticed and we cheered!

• Cha

September 15, 2011 at 12:19 am

Lol “god rest her soul”…The return Grandpa Russ scares the heck outta me he is gonna be looking to make a whole bunch of folks pay like they weigh and it’s not gonna be purdy. All of the people he’s pissed with are all characters we love or love to hate. I hope they True Death that ass in the season premier and keep it moving (while I loved all the mayhem pop pop Russ caused I was really worried for the core cast) otherwise I’m gonna be on pins and needles thinking a main character won’t make it to season 6 :-/

• Kelly

September 15, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Well if we mix the last two comment threads together we can have Russel showing up at Sookie’s distress (he’s had her blood as well) and he can change Tara since he doesn’t have progeny…

• leo

September 15, 2011 at 10:08 pm

wow kill everybody but dont kill eric russel or jess

• amy

September 16, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Oh please do NOT let Russell be Tara’s sire.. I wouldn’t be able to stand her spending all of season 5 whining and complaining about it (love Rutina, can’t stand how annoying they made her character) and PLEASE do not bring her back as a zombie (read that on a forum somewhere).
          If they do bring Tara back as a vamp, would she be completely there? IIRC, Bubba went wrong because they took too long to change him/all of the drugs in his system.. I can’t imagine how missing chunks of your brain wouldn’t affect your state of mind as a vamp. But then again that’s just the story Charlaine Harris ran with and probably wouldn’t affect the direction of the show. Still, I don’t see how they can spin being able to turn someone who’s so far gone with important parts of their anatomy missing.

• Gracie

September 17, 2011 at 10:14 am

The only way russel could feel her distress if she had his blood but she didn’t so he won’t be able to feel sookie’s fear!

• Krissy

September 25, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Is anyone else devastated that Jesus died I’m sooooo sad I loved him and I wish he used his dark magic to mess up marney!

5. Cazz

September 16, 2011 at 3:07 pm

It is very possible that Tara could be killed off in the show period. You have to consider all possibilities since we were left with a huge cliffhanger. I am hoping she is not killed off from the show, but you never know. I mean look what happened to Lafayette’s boyfriend…. he was a very good character as well. I will miss him a bit and feel sorry for Lafayette since he is hurting pretty aweful right now. I am kind of glad Jessica and Hoyt are no longer together. In the beginning they did make a good couple until things started to fall apart, and that has to do with Hoyt not understanding what Jessica really is and kind of offended her with his garbage. I am not saying what she has done was no better, but still. Jason some what understands her, but Jason also loves women….. A LOT.

I am very curious to see how Season 5 would open up and would like to see what happens with Eric, Bill, Alcide and Sookie as well as the other darn characters. Come on season 5!

6. TrueEricBlood

September 16, 2011 at 11:16 pm

I think Bill and Eric will come running to help Sookie and will have to tell her that Tara is not gonna be able to be healed by their blood. I think Tara will be talking to Lafayette a lot next season being he is a medium.

• chatauna

September 25, 2011 at 11:56 am

if indeed she does…. Lafayette will always have her for company, cause you know TARA has got something to say bout everything.. :)

7. elizabeth

September 17, 2011 at 12:08 am

Forgive me fellow trubies, but I won’t miss Tara. The character has brought me nuthin but melancholy from the git go. Sorry, time for a new BFF for Sook. Rest in peace you morose and completely bithchy human meat sack. If anyone should get a comeback it’s Jesus. Good guy and Lafayette needs a partner. Fang you later!

• Ron E.

September 20, 2011 at 5:43 am

Yeah I’m sick of the TB version of Tara too. Let her stay dead and introduce Amelia in season 5 to take her place as Sookie’s best friend.

8. Dusan

September 17, 2011 at 1:20 pm

And what happen with the “ghost-daddy-werepanther-shit”? I hate Jason, but i wanna see it.

9. Bethani

September 18, 2011 at 1:32 am

damn is all i have to say… i predict that eric and bill will sence her distress and bill and eric look at each other and bill lets eric go to her as he can bring her happiness. Tara is turned into a vamp….or a fairy comes and saves the day….or gran or someone…i wish to see godric come back from the dead. he is dang sexy

i think pam would turn ginger, gingers been there for her this season…kinda nice

• Cha

September 19, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Ginger does have some staying power!
      Everytime I’ve almost forgotten about her, there she is to save the day offering a peanutbutter and something crazy sandwhich.

• chatauna

September 25, 2011 at 11:57 am

peanut butter and butter sandwich… haha i almost forgot that line till just now

10. alcat

September 18, 2011 at 6:01 am

that would be cool tara could play the bubba roll we been waiting for

11. Y

September 19, 2011 at 2:32 pm

As much as I adore Rutina and how she played Tara. I think its time she went. She began angry and alone in season 1 and went through hell only come out strong and powerful. She’s been and done. Here she will die a hero……. Which doesn’t happen very often

• nina

September 22, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I agree it is time to let Tara move on to happiness and be reunited with Eggs in the afterlife, besides Lafayette is a medium so the character wont be gone completely.

12. Bethany

September 20, 2011 at 12:47 am

I can’t imagine the actress portraying the Bubba type character, but like your thinking. I could totally see maybe Steve Newlin being the new Bubba however. Don’t know why, but he just strikes me as being able to play slightly off better.

13. Brooke

September 22, 2011 at 8:29 pm

I feel sorry for Tara, she’s had some horrible things happen to her and now she is possibly dead. I hope that she becomes a vampire or Lafayette can connect with her. TB has really ventured off into ithe super natural now, When I compare it to season 1, I mean the police don’t even look into the deaths anymore. I wonder if this stuff only happens in Bon Temps.

• Cha

September 23, 2011 at 1:14 am

Thank your “maker” it only happens in Bon Temps. :-) otherwise that would be some scary *bleeep*

• Brooke

September 23, 2011 at 7:46 am

Lol I mean’t in the show :p

14. Krissy

September 25, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Why did Jesus have to die he was such an awesome e character and he loved Lafayette sooo much awww why didn’t he use his brujo powers!!!! And I wish Skokie and alcids hooked up he’s ridiculously yummy and poor Jason can never get it right with love but I think Jess will fall for hm. And why the hell didn’t they kill russell last season geesh!,

15. LeAnne

September 27, 2011 at 3:12 pm

@ Krissy-No Russell “true death” please :( He is one of the most awsome characters!! LOVE him ;)