Friday Five: Season 4 Cliffhangers

Well Truebies, it’s the first Friday after the season 4 finale and withdrawal is happening. True-Blood.net will be here to help you through the next nine months with news items, book reviews, fabulous giveaways, fun polls, and of course our True Blood  Friday Five. Today we’re looking at my top five season 4 cliffhangers.

1. Sam vs. the Wolf – This is not a happy wolf. It could be someone from Marcus’s pack looking for revenge, or it could be something else entirely.
  2. Tara’s Fate – Word is out that Rutina Wesley will return for season 5, but she doesn’t know in what capacity. Does Sookie discover some new power that heals her friend? Does Lafayette discover there is more to his power and with the help of Jesus’ ghost, heal Tara? Whatever happens, I’m going on record as saying that I’m 99.9% sure she will NOT be made vampire.
  3. Steve Newlin Visits Jason – I do not believe that Steve is visiting Jason to turn him into a vampire either. Come on, it would make for an incredibly boring show if everyone in Bon Temps were made vampire. I prefer to give Alan Ball, Raelle Tucker, Alexander Woo and company way, way more credit than that. Perhaps Steve has a thing for Jason and now that he’s a vampire, he feels free to act on it. I’m going with that.
  4. Terry Welcomes Army Buddy – Patrick comes back into Terry’s life but what will this bring for Terry? He seemed surprised to see Patrick, thinking him dead all these years, but Patrick mentions Terry saving his life. Terry may travel down a very dark road in season 5.
  5. Arlene’s Warning – Going against the masses once more, I do not believe that Rene will return to haunt Arlene again. I think that was a one-off because it was Samhain. But his warning needs to be taken seriously. What could he possibly know about Terry (or Patrick) that would put Arlene in danger?
These and other questions will be answered in just nine short months with the return of True Blood in June, 2012.

1. Carrie

September 16, 2011 at 9:49 am

I’m in the camp that I can’t get behind Tara becoming a vamp, I just can’t see Bill or Eric being willing to do so. That said, Lala has channeled Tio Luca before who *was* a healer and he is right up stairs…

September 16, 2011 at 10:08 am

Carrie that’s why I think Lafayette could be the one who could heal Tara. It’s that ‘healer’ mojo that he may have going on inside of him.

2. Nothinbutjoy

September 16, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I agree with the speculation about the Tara/Sookie/Lafayette cliffhanger.

When Marnie was possessed by Antonia, they said they shared everything and Marnie became much more powerful on her own. I think that when the spirits merge with their medium they share their knowlege and power, so now Lafayette has at least an essence of Antonia, Marnie and Jesus’ magics. Then add in Sookie’s fairy magic and viola!!

That’s going to be the twist. It won’t be vampire blood that saves Tara.

Of course, I’m probably wrong.

3. Adrienne

September 16, 2011 at 1:01 pm

wait wait wait! You forgot that Russell is out!

September 16, 2011 at 1:10 pm

No I didn’t forget, but I could only choose five and those were my five. 😉

4. Bethany

September 16, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I only have a second here, but think the Terry/Patrick connection might just be other-worldly. I mean he came back on Somhain or whatever that was called. And maybe because of the spell, he will be able to stick around. The warning was about Terry having Ghosts from his past come back to haunt him, and he did think the man dead…. so that is just my early guess. I have other ideas on the rest, but have to run. 🙂

• Cha

September 16, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Yeah me too for some reason I kept thinking he wasn’t alive and because of Samhain and spell that was cast to bring back people from the past that’s was why everyone could actually see And talk to him like all the other ghost that made an appearance that day?

5. Jules

September 16, 2011 at 4:32 pm

Well I hope how Tara is saved ( if she is saved),surprises us. I don’t want to be left with the feeling that all the original characters are exempt from being killed off. I actually like the idea of Tara being turned. The irony would be hilarious, (she would be sooo mad). As for Jason, the fairy blood runs through him too, causing many to be drawn to him as well. I hope it’s just friendly not “friendly”…Rev. Newlin gives me the heebies.

6. Cha

September 16, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Can I just say, I love love love this site!! I have been able to keep it together this week with all this post TrueBlood finale depression & seriously it’s because I’m now a little obsessed with this site.   Granted it’s only been 5 days but I think I’ll be ok as long as I can come here and fellowship with my Trubie hommies. I’ll be able to weather the storm. My cocktail of choice is a TB.net mixed with past seasons of TB on DVD and a bunch hypothesis on what’s in store for season 5 and I’m in a blissful TrueBlood intoxicated state maybe 9 months won’t be as bad as it normally is.  Thank you to the TB.net creators. You are Truly the best!

7. Kerry

September 16, 2011 at 8:06 pm

I also hope they keep Tara (if she survives) and Jason as humans…. They cant all be supes! And I’m dying to know how russel escaped…. Please please tell me it wasn’t Pam betraying Eric. That would break my heart!
    Waiting SUCkS!!

• Gracie

September 17, 2011 at 10:11 am

I really believe it was Pam who set russel free because she was angry at Eric and sookie I think it was a impulsive decision on her part. You could tell through the entire season she doesn’t think things through she just reacts with emotion! The plan may be to kill sookie but russel will want revenge for talbot!

• Cha

September 17, 2011 at 5:52 pm

If she did it would be a great storyline that I think may ultimately end in her own demise. It was also incredibly stupid since Pop pop Russ is the oldest and could single handedly incinerate any and all that’s brings the drama his way. He scares me, so personally I would be totally ok with him meeting the true death in season 5 premier similar to our dear sweet queen Sophie.

8. Cha

September 17, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Speaking of Pam does anyone think her curse got reversed with the death of Marnie?

9. amanda

September 19, 2011 at 8:21 am

i think some of the jackson wolves probably got russell out. they had his blood maybe they could find him or maybe he had another child? pam wouldnt let out russell because he would kill eric and she wouldnt want that. i like the laf saving tara idea. i dont like the steve “wanting” jason thats just creepy. maybe he want to use jasons connections to vampire hierachy to get in. he knows sookie is his sister and is with vampires. i think he will see this as a way to take out vamps better. he is twisted in the head. or revenge for banging his wife?? i do wonder about the fairy with andy. is she just trying to get pregnant?? hmm?