True Blood Radio 151: Emmys, Hiatus & Season 5 Spoilers

It’s our first week without True Blood, and waiting already sucks. We weren’t totally bereft, however, as Anna Paquin presented at the Emmy Awards then partied with Stephen Moyer, Sam Trammell, and Michelle Forbes afterwards. We have photos, plus other news and some season 5 spoilers this week on True Blood Radio.

P.S. Don’t forget to take the first annual True Blood fan survey!

You can subscribe to True Blood Radio on iTunes here or watch back episodes on Blip.tv. As always, if you’d like to comment or ask a question, you can drop us a line or leave a comment below.

1. Kimberly Everson

September 20, 2011 at 8:12 pm

I think Erik or Bill will come bursting in and save Tara. Possibly turned?? Cause after all it is a head shot!
    I think Terry will just have a relapse and forget to take his meds and possibly think he is King Zignats again lol.

2. ELEANOR TIVNAN

September 21, 2011 at 11:47 am

HI MEL AND LIZ, I HEARD IN THIS PODCAST THE SHOUT OUT TO S. MOYER FOR BARRON..BUT I DIDN’T HEAR ANYTHING TO SUPPORT ALEXANDER SKARSGARD IN STRAW DOGS….ALEX DOES A FANTASTIC JOB AS THE CHARACTER OF CHARLIE AND COULD USE HIS FANS SUPPORT. A SHOUT OUT FROM TRUE-BLOOD.NET MAY HELP….. YOU MAY HAVE MENTIONED IT BEFORE AND I MISSED IT…BUT IT IS IN THEATERS NOW JUST A THOUGHT… THANKS ELLIE

September 21, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Did you miss our interview with Alex talking about Straw Dogs? Or the photos of him at the premiere last week? Or the video & photos of him on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon promoting the movie? Or all the photos of his character from the movie? Don’t worry, we gave the Straw Dogs lots of shouts! 🙂

• Cha

September 21, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Lol. That’s not just a shout out. That’s screaming. 🙂

September 21, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Sorry, I’ll try to keep it down. 😉

• Cha

September 21, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Don’t you dare! I’m lovin’ it… all of it. You gals are the best! I’m so irked with myself for not finding you all before now.

3. Jessica(Dragonfly)

September 21, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Yet another theory on who the mysterious female Vampire may be. I’m now thinking that it could be someone famous or a historical figure of some sort. Kind of like the Alexei Romanov storyline in the books. I still believe that it will somehow tie in with the Russell Edgington storyline. Thoughts?

September 22, 2011 at 8:56 am

Ooooh, that could be really neat! Excellent spec, Jessica.

• RonnieQ

September 22, 2011 at 9:51 am

I think someone propose this idea before and I like it…I think the female vampire might be The Authority. Afterall, it’s someone we heard of many times but haven’t met. Also, wasn’t Nan suppose to kill Bill n Eric bc that was her last assignment from The Authority even though she was fired? And we know we’ll see what happens to Bill n Eric next season bc they killed Nan. Maybe The Authority finally comes n visit Bon Temp.

4. Liz

September 22, 2011 at 1:34 pm

We [heart] you too, Cha! 🙂

5. Cha

September 23, 2011 at 12:12 am

Sucks, Thnx Liz 🙂

6. Wendy

September 25, 2011 at 10:25 am

Hello Liz and Mel,

I have reviewed all episodes from season 1 thru 4 back to back and in season 3 episode 7 we first are introduced to the fairies. from reading the books, watching the shows and remembering what Alan Ball said about maybe we haven’t seen the last of Claudine “I have a theory”. In the books there are sky fairies and water fairies. In season 3 episode 7 when we first see the Fairies it seems all about “WATER” the glass by the bed, filling the pitcher, Sookie drinking and the fairies coming up out of the water and then disappearing back in the water when Claudine mentions the vampire is coming. Claudine mentioning for Sookie not to be afraid of the water that it wasn’t the water that killed her parents.

I believe that the Claudine we seen was a fake! Because the real Claudine was a sky fairy and this one seems to be a water fairy. Remember when Andy belford makes love to the fairy out in the woods? In the books the sky fairies are the ones that seem to mingle with the humans and crate half fairies like Sookie and the water fairies hate the half breeds. So not only will season 5 be about ware war and hopefully Quinn I think it will also be about the fairy war or the setting up for it. What are your thoughts?

7. Mystic27

September 25, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Exactly my thoughts…Claudine that came for Sookie in season 4 seemed odd ….trying to get her to hurry up and come with her, while Claude told her to hurry and leave….hmmmmm

8. Viv

September 25, 2011 at 5:41 pm

The mysterious female vampire could be the “Blood Countess” Elizabeth Báthory who was reputedly a serial killer who remained youthful by bathing in the blood of virgins! Sometimes compared to Vlad the Impaler. Could be an interesting character on the show.

• Wendy

September 26, 2011 at 12:01 pm

Wasn’t that the person Russell’s lover boy Talbert was telling Bill about as he was showing him to the room upstairs?

• LeAnne

September 27, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I agree Viv! Someone bad a** like that would be awsome! Bathing in blood to remain youthful…. not a far stretch for True Blood! 🙂