Friday Five: In Memorium

This week’s Friday Five pays homage to the dearly departed of season 4. I like my list, so please don’t come after me with machetes and wooden stakes when you see who’s on it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. Claudine – I know we didn’t see much of her, and she’s not really necessary for the story to move forward, but I would have liked to see her and Sookie developing more of a relationship together.
  2. Tommy – Probably the most misunderstood character on the show, I still maintain that with guidance and someone to care, he could have turned out differently.
  3. Marnie – I think she was my favorite villain of all four seasons. Of course, my opinion is likely influenced by the fact that Fiona Shaw played Marnie, but this is my list after all. I think Marnie was a tragic figure.
  4. Nan – I loved her snark! She was only rivaled by Pam.
  5. Jesus – I will miss Jesus’ gentle wisdom and mannerisms. I hope he comes back to haunt Lafayette inย seasonย 5.
That’s it! Tara is not on my list because it remains to be seen whether or not she truly is dead and not just “mostly dead”.

1. brittany

September 24, 2011 at 1:41 am

wen is season 5 going to be online

September 24, 2011 at 1:31 pm

True Blood is not shown online legally at all. And this website will never post a link to any site that shows True Blood online illegally. Sorry.

2. Sookieeleana

September 24, 2011 at 5:01 am

We lost some real good ones this season – I loved both Jesus and Tommy and am a big fan of the actors who play them. Nan was a lot of fun too and of course she was the very first vampire we ever saw on the show. Not bothered about Marnie (Russell rules!). I actually really enjoyed watching Debbie and Marcus – the actors did a really good job with them. Claudine may be gone (or was it Claudette?) but I really need to see Claude doing his strip act at Hooligans. That is something TB better not miss ๐Ÿ™‚

September 24, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Here’s hoping, Sook! ๐Ÿ˜‰

3. Jules

September 24, 2011 at 11:04 am

I was iffy about Jesus in the beginning, but he grew on me and provided a good balance, “gentle wisdom” as you said. He was a good human/brujo and I will miss him the most out of your 5. That’s saying a lot because as humans go on TB, I prefer Hoyt’s mama,(love her)!

September 24, 2011 at 1:34 pm

LOL! You gotta love Maxine!

4. Cha

September 24, 2011 at 12:21 pm

I like this list. I absolutely loved Tommy and the mischief he brought. I actually got teary eyed when he was in turmoil after killing his parents I am gonna miss him. I know some people have to die and stay dead, but I kept telling my husband his death didn’t feel final to me whatever that means ย idk we shall see. Jesus who couldn’t love Jesus? There is some very dark and wrong if you didn’t love Jesus. I think he’s gonna make an awsome ghost coaching La-La on how to hone in and channel his new powers. I wish Claudine could have stuck around til next season I don’t think Sookies has any true fairy allies now ๐Ÿ™ . I loved to hate Nan she was hilarious. No one other than Fiona Shaw could have played Marnie she rocked that role! I knew from the first time we met her she was going to be the villain this season, my husband mocked me saying it would be the fairies. I’m still laughing about that one. Good job Liz!

September 24, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Thanks, Cha! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. LeAnne

September 24, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Great list! Thanks for adding the part about Tara @ the bottom! All of the characters on the list brought something special to the show in their own way. Fiona Shaw did a FABULOUS job as Marnie and Antonia. You could tell which character she was by the look on her face and body language alone…. she didn’t even have to speak a word for us to know! Now that is what I call acting! I will miss Tommy as well. I agree that he was the most misunderstood character on the show. People wanted to just bash him and his actions, not bothering to actually see that there was a reason for the way he acted. Anyway, like or hate these characters, you can’t knock their acting chops! ๐Ÿ˜‰

6. Sam

September 24, 2011 at 8:18 pm

100% agreed ; my list would definitely have Sophie-Anne Leclerq loved her hope more flashbacks with her..

7. hol119

September 27, 2011 at 6:42 am

Heheh is the ‘mostly dead’ in reference to ‘The Princess Bride’? If so, awesome, I love that movie ๐Ÿ™‚ And I love your list.

September 27, 2011 at 11:00 am

Yes! Like millions of others, I am a big “Princess Bride” fan and quote it often. LOL! Thanks!

8. Clare

October 2, 2011 at 7:35 pm

I agree Tara is not dead!

9. Clare

October 2, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Only thing is you forgot to mention Debbie in your memorium list of the dead.