True Blood success at Scream Awards

Once again, True Blood has triumphed at Spike TV’s Scream Awards this weekend. Best Horror Actor went to Alex, Best Male Breakout Performance went to Joe and the whole cast won Best Ensemble. Congratulations everyone!

Hi, I'm Helen. I'm a 32 year old teaching assistant from Liverpool, UK. Huge True Blood and SVM fan!

1. Lyonene

October 16, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Congrats to everyone! This show needs to awarded more. The acting is so amazing!

2. Sookieeleana

October 16, 2011 at 1:54 pm

I never doubted Alex would get it (much) – completely deserved, he was absolutely awesome again this season. 2 years in a row now, maybe Alan and his team will finally get the message about who is the true male lead on the show. Well done to Joe as well – the weres bore me to sleep but he seems a lovely guy. Nice surprise that they won best ensemble as they had some pretty tough competition. As did Anna, Sookie isn’t that popular in general fandom right now and not voting for Anna was one of the ways fans can show that I guess. She still had the best hair, they should give her a special award for that.

• esw45

October 17, 2011 at 1:50 am

yes sook, i am soo glad that Alex did win…yes he is the male lead on this show and probably the most popular character going on right now. Steven Moyer was the male lead but he has taken over that role now,,, Joe M. seems like a nice guy and I am glad that he won but the werewolves are not very interesting to me either….we will see if that changes this season…but i doubt it! Anna P is not very popular or should we say her character Sookie is not popular with the fandom because of the couch scene and just inconsistancies of Sookie in general making her look kinda silly….Glad TB blood won the ensemble award still one of the best casts in all of tv.

3. larry mccubbin

October 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm

good luck true blood & win the new season returns to hbo next summer. 2012 season five

4. Sookieeleana

October 16, 2011 at 2:57 pm

LOL I’m sorry I thought my first post was rejected so did another shorter one – I just got too carried away with Alex winning – happy day! 🙂

5. summer

October 17, 2011 at 8:51 am

I think Anna is doing a great job, and I believe she has brought Sookie to life! When I read the SS books, I see Anna. Other than CH saying, Sookie has blue eyes/blond hair, and a nice chest, that doesn’t say much overall to me. I also think the audio narrator as Sookie does not fit the bill either. I thought the narrator sounded so boring, and put me straight to sleep. YAWN.

Sookie probably isn’t getting a lot of votes, because the MEN seem to be out doing her, as the show focuses on all characters, and not just from her point of view.

Regardless, if I could give out an award, I would give one to Anna because she has turned herself into Sookie which wasn’t an easy job.

• trixie

October 18, 2011 at 3:50 am

Sookie is a consistent, carefully developed character in the books.
      In the show she’s just a walking plot device and a prop for the male characters. THAT is why she’s not particularly loved and people have a hard time connecting with her.
      CH simply commented on how Anna is PHYSICALLY different from her Sookie. She’d never say a word about the show’s handling of her characters, apart from “alan’s doing his own thing”…

• summer

October 18, 2011 at 8:10 am

Fitting Anna between the books and series, she has given Sookie a face, and I think Alan made a good choice with letting Anna play her. With the books alone, I could never place an actor’s face or any other person into Sookies shoes, and I was very hesitant when Anna was given the role too. But, going back and reading the books and rewatching the series, Anna has done a superb job. Sookie is CH’s, and CH has always know what Sookie looked like, and I don’t think anyone can match CH’s imagination of her, but Anna fits the bill for me and that is all that matters. I’ve always liked the naive Sookie from the small Podunk town.

• Laura

October 20, 2011 at 7:15 am

well I have to agree on everythiing you said trixie, I think lots of people have started to dislike Sookie on the show, I also dislike her more and more, I just don´t think they handled her character right, in the books its easy to like her but on the show they really made her a walking plot device, just like you mentioned;

• summer

October 20, 2011 at 12:07 pm

In the books, that is all she is-a plot device or deal breaker. In the books, if Sookie is around, something is going to happen. In book 8/9, the vampire Felicia is weary of Sookie, because all of Fangtasia past bartenders had met their final death with Sookie around. We READ Sookie in 1st person, and we SEE Sookie in 3rd person on the True Blood, so naturally that would give a different feel to Sookie. Sookie is a naive/knucklehead in the books, and she is in the show. I love it. LOL

• Laura

October 21, 2011 at 8:16 am

no, thats not the problem, I mean with plot device she is just there walking around like a headless chicken and they only use her for this forced love triangle, that no one really seems to like… in the books Sookie is smart, not annoying, and seriously, when you ask other people, most of them say Sookie has become annoying, I just recently discussed with friends about it and everyone agreed that Book Sookie is so much more likable and smart than True blood Sookie, because her character is just missing the certain something…

October 21, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Laura, I agree with you that I’d like to see more of Book Sookie’s personality shine through, but I would argue that we saw more of that this season. Didn’t she just help take down Marnie/Antonia? Didn’t she spend time in the Faery world without any love interest whatsoever? Wasn’t part of her journey in season 4 learning how to use her powers? Didn’t she choose to be alone rather than part of a “forced love triangle”?

6. Laura

October 17, 2011 at 4:49 pm

well great that Alex won, he deserves it, even though the writers don´t really see his worth, he is one of the most popular actors on the show and plays a wonderful character, well the fans have voted…
    And I think its fully deserved that Game of thrones won best TV show, I think in the past years True blood always won the award, but GOT was awesome and has wonderful writing, I also voted for them; they also would have deserved best ensamble, but True blood also has a really good group of actors, so I would say they also deserve it…