SPOILERS: True Blood Season 5 Premiere Casting Call

Filming on True Blood season 5 gets underway shortly, and we have the scoop on new characters being cast for the season premiere, titled “Turn! Turn! Turn!” Ready?

The werewolf community is in an uproar following Marcus’ death in the season 4 finale. The show is casting Rikki, a “dirty-beautiful werewolf” in her mid-20s who wants to know what happened to Marcus. She’s a recurring character, so it sounds like she could cause trouble for Sam and Alcide.

Speaking of Alcide, are we about to meet Herveaux Senior? True Blood is casting J.D., a “particularly large Marine-type” werewolf in his 50s, for a recurring role. He refuses to acknowledge the new pack leader, which sounds awfully similar to a certain storyline in [easyazon-link asin=”0441019358″]book 5[/easyazon-link]. A confirmed parental unit is Annie, Marcus’ mother, who shows up to find out what happened to her son. She’s a powerful, respected werewolf within the pack and is determined to perform a particular ritual.

Meanwhile, it sounds like Sam might be in trouble. A pair of weres, Danielle and Kenneth, are being cast in connection with a prisoner who is being interrogated…about the death of Marcus? Or something else?

We’ll meet Holly’s two teenage sons, Rocky who thinks his Mom is an idiot (as teenagers do) and Wade who still gives her the benefit of the doubt.

Jason and Jessica are still hot and heavy, attending a frat party together where they meet Cammy, who’s totally into Jason, and Zander who has the hots for Jessica. It’s not all gravy for the pair, though. The show is casting Buddy, a friend of Hoyt’s who works on the Renard Parish road crew and mocks Jason.

In addition to Nora, the Authority double-agent (and sired sister of Eric), we’ll meet Hayes, a large vampire of Eastern European descent who the Authority send to deliver the True Death to “some other vampires”. Thinking back to why Nan visited Bon Temps last, are those “other vampires” Bill & Eric? In possibly related casting, the show is looking for a woman to play Cat, a no-nonsense vampire in her 40s who works with the vampire underground railroad. Who is she helping get out of Bon Temps? Or is she helping someone get into Bon Temps?

And finally, we’ll be flashing back to when Sookie was 12 and being bullied by a couple of boys in gym class. Via her telepathy, she reveals something private about one of them, Donnie, which both confuses and pisses him off.

For a round up of all the spoilers, check out our True Blood season 5 spoiler guide.

1. Sammy

October 26, 2011 at 5:19 pm

maybe Rikki is the werewolf who was growling at Sam in the finale…could be anyone but it may have to do with Marcus since they would suspect Sam over Alcide with him being a shifter and all

• Mickey

October 26, 2011 at 7:17 pm

I think Rikki is most likely Marcus’s sister.

• summer

October 27, 2011 at 1:42 pm

So, it sounds like instead of spinning off of Debbie’s murder, like her sister trying to figure out who murdered Sookie, they are playing that card for Marcus instead.

• summer

October 27, 2011 at 1:43 pm

***trying to figure out who murdered Debbie***

2. Cha

October 26, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Oh my… This is a tasty little tid bit seems like the wolves are taking center stage (based on this spoiler) this season. Oh boy, I was doing ok with Once Upon a Time and Dexter and a few others that I’ve been watching since their first season, but truth be told I am in full blown TB withdrawal (dare I say it ANDY STYLE*** turning my head in shame***). Lol I know I’m so dramatic but seriously. I don’t know if I’ll be able to read the spoilers anymore Liz and Mel. 🙁 The spoilers are chock full of details it’s hard to wait so long. I’m finding out that my patience are almost non exsistent when it comes down to TB.

• esw45

October 26, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I think someone said book 5 was werewolf stuff so maybe AB is doing some stuff from the bosoks….hopefully the werewolves will finally get interesting….the jury is still out on that.

3. Bethany

October 26, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Well in the books, along with the whole house burning down thing, and Charles Twinning coming into play, there is an upheaval in the Were community, causing there to be a packmaster contest. Now we know Marcus is gone, so that opens things up for that storyline. With his family trying to seek justice for his passing, you could almost picture them incorporating the Were War from later books. Hmmmm looks to be a great year ahead. Keep those spoilers comming. I don’t think I could take 6 more months without anything to tide me over like this. Thanks gals so very much for all you do.

4. Sookieleana

October 27, 2011 at 3:30 am

Too many new characters for one episode, but I guess they might be just background. The show rides on the main characters and their stories, please don’t make it too clustered again.
    Sookie at 12 might be intriguing. Like a lot of people, the weres in the books bored me to sleep and if there was one part that TB could miss out for me it would be the pack wars so of course that means we’ll get it.

• CassyM

October 27, 2011 at 6:05 am

Sook you will have to chill (or is it Eleana?) I know most of those characters won’t be interacting with Eric or Pam – except the vamp Hayes – it’s only ep.1 (LOL). I could do without the pack wars too. I was hoping for Rhodes. We need to start hoping for things we don’t want and then we might get the things we do 🙂
      I do not want Niall, I do not want Claude, I do not want Sookie and Eric together……..
      I’ll let you know if it works.

• Sookieeleana

October 27, 2011 at 10:59 am

Yeah call me Sook – I chose a stupidly long username (eleana was my grandma). I’m going to try this reverse stuff. I’ll write to HBO and tell them how much I want to see Quinn as I love him so much. The amount of people in the first episode means I’ll have to keep notes to keep up. There could also be Russell, Rev. Steve, Nora and Salome as well. Though they might keep us waiting for Russell.

5. Belle

October 27, 2011 at 7:45 pm

*head explodes with excitement”

6. esw45

October 27, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I am wondering why sookie is flashing back to being 12 and being bullied……something is gonna cause that flashback to occur. Debbie’s body is going to be hidden probably by Eric or bill and the truth about her killing Debbie will come out.

7. maria

November 9, 2011 at 7:03 pm

I think they should get Viggo Mortensen to play Alcide’s dad. He still looks good, and gets naked in everything

November 9, 2011 at 7:49 pm