Friday Five: True Blood Inspired Halloween Costumes

I’m not one for celebrating Halloween or dressing up in costume, but I do love to see all the creative ideas out there. I just heard on the radio this morning that a girl was just going to wear a sack and she will be Good in the Sack. Creative, no? Truebies can get pretty creative as we know. With True Blood being one of the most popular television shows of the day, you’re sure to see at least one of these familiar faces at a Halloween party.

1. Sookie Stackhouse – Decidedly the most popular costume out there, you’ll be able to find Sookie’s Merlotte’s uniform just about anywhere.
  2. Pam – With so many costumes to choose from, Pam is not only an easy one to put together, it’s the most fun.
  3. Maryann – I know she’s dead and gone, but that “wedding” get up of hers makes a great costume. Wouldn’t you agree?
  4. Queen Sophie-Anne – Whether you choose the 40’s style swim suit or her 1950’s black dress she wore when she squared off with Bill, this is a costume that will be original, one of a kind that no one else will copy.
  5. Lorena – Lorena wore a black lacy dress with black gloves and looked sexy and dangerous. Add some bloody fangs and you will win first prize in the costume contest at your favorite Halloween party.
There is my list; what’s on yours? Which True Blood character will you be this Halloween?

1. Bethany

October 28, 2011 at 3:49 pm

You did great on the gals, but let us not forget the men out there. I mean not only do lots of men watch the show, but their gal-pals are gonna drool if they get dressed like one of these.

1. Eric~ Black jeans, Fangtasia t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. Add a long blonde wig (book worthy) or a short blonde wig ( TB worthy) and you have instant hotness. Throw in the fangs and you have the perfect Halloween costume.

2. Bill ~ (Note that the numbers are only for separation, not that he is less important than Eric) Brown wig with sideburns, side burns, fangs, and your best impression of “Sookie” you gave give. Can’t be beat.

3. Alcide ~ Fake chest hair, biker outfit, curly black wig, and maybe a puppy nose. LOL Honestly, I bet you could pull this one off, especially if you have him wear a Lupine’s t-shirt or something.

4. Sam ~ flannel shirt, worn jeans, cowboy boots, and a strawberry blonde wig. Don’t forget the belt buckle, the is from Texas after all. LOL

5. Layfayette ~ Skin cap, and something just shy of drag, you have yourself a FABULOUS Halloween costume.

Honerable mention:

1. Jason ~ Jeans, t-shirt, and if you want to really do it up (Book style) make the top 1/2 all panther, or just wear a blonde wig and shirt open to the navel with an I <3 Jessica necklace. LOL

2. Cha

October 28, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Russel would be a good costume choice.
    Black suit white shirt shackles on one wrist and a crystal ern with Talbot’s remains in the other hand

Jessica
    That red riding hood outfit nice red wig

I know it’s kinda corny but
    Hoyt’s Mama Maxine would be hilarious.
    Go to a bad flee market and pick up some polyester anything, get a bad wig with rollers in Tammy Faye Baker style makeup and a Marie doll.

Arlene

October 28, 2011 at 4:32 pm

I love the Maxine idea! Just add a casserole dish with pork rinds in it to carry around! LOL

• Cha

October 28, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Yes I couldn’t think of that dish she loves to make. Lol

3. Jules

October 28, 2011 at 4:33 pm

How about “Fangtasia Fangbanger”- I heard the owner pulls good string… Although, being Pam and coming up w/ terrific one- liners would be fun, I could get away w/ alot being in character and all.

4. Jules

October 28, 2011 at 4:43 pm

LOL, Cha! Maxine is a great idea w/ her snickers casserole, and rollers, I love it!

• Cha

October 28, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Right!? Thnx I dont think she would be complete without her rollers. 🙂 or a bad casserole.

5. Cookiespice1

October 28, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I was very happy that Jessica started working at Merlotte’s Season 3. With my long red hair, she was an obvious choice for my costume last year. A red lipliner on the lower lids helped with vampire eye effect. Just know that it is very difficult to talk when wearing fangs!

• Cha

October 28, 2011 at 11:11 pm

I bet it is. Just think the ones they wear on the show that retract and all that fancy stuff must be super expensive. I always think about that when I watch.

6. Bethany

October 29, 2011 at 12:01 am

Hot Shot resident (Generic) ~ dirty wife beater, torn and oil stained jeans, dirty/greasy hair not combed at all, bare feet or holey shoes that are more than a little worn out. Then speak like you never passed kindergarten and refer to all other people as your “Daddy/Uncle/Brother” or your “Mommy/Auntie/Sister” LOL

Nan ~ Dress suit, white shirt, bloody fangs and just gripe (keeping it clean here) about everything.

And if you are doing the vamp thing remember to make sure you wear super pale makeup and darken under the eyes. Just not a vamp if you have a nice spray tan. LOL

7. Bethany

October 29, 2011 at 12:08 am

Make a wire frame large circle that you can fit inside (like down to the just above the knees), then spread 2 layers of plastic (the one facing out at least should be red) over the frame with a hole big enough for your head (breathing is nessisary when you are not really a vamp) Fill the inside with water and fake bones and a couple of eyeballs. Best if you wear a red morph suit. Be sure to include a wooden stake in the sloppy slurry. You could go as a staked vamp.

Pink or tan dress suit (like Jackie O style) blonde wig in a 1960’s flip. White teeth, too much makeup, and a cross and bible. ~ Sarah Newlin