SPOILERS: True Blood Season 5 Casting News

The first piece of True Blood season 5 casting news is out, and it’s AWESOME! Following in the steps of Lara Pulver, who starred in the BBC’s [easyazon-link asin=”B003ORC54U”]Robin Hood[/easyazon-link] series, True Blood is welcoming Lucy Griffiths to Bon Temps! Lucy played Maid Marion in the first two seasons of the British fantasy series, and I loved her!

Lucy will be playing Nora, an ancient vampire who was sired by Godric, making her Eric Northman’s “sister”. Per the casting call, Nora is a double-agent within the Vampire Authority. She is described as intelligent and cool under pressure. She loves Eric deeply, but has dedicated herself to a higher purpose (taking down the Authority?).

1. Sookieeleana

November 2, 2011 at 3:43 pm

I loved her in Robin Hood too. She was a kick ass Maid Marion, never ran away from a fight so certainly can play a strong women. She was also not too skinny so hopefully being in Hollywood won’t change that. Hope she keeps her British accent. Very happy with this. Good addition to best vampire family ever – Godric / Eric / Nora / Pam 🙂

• Belle

November 2, 2011 at 6:10 pm

I agree, she’s no skinny plastic Hollywood girl. Props to True Blood for again casting a stunning, naturally and individually beautiful actress!

• StaceyJ

November 2, 2011 at 8:30 pm

She most certainly is..
        So beautiful..
        But, question is will her hair be blond, like I’ve seen in some shows or dark auburn.
        She’s a natural dark headed..

• Belle

November 2, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Yeah I saw a pic of her blonde, but I hope dark – she looks so much better as a brunette, don’t you think? And for some reason it seems like it would suit the character better.

• Valarie

November 8, 2011 at 2:22 pm

I would have died her hair blonde and cast her as Sookie. she is so much closer to what I had in my head from the books.

2. Cha

November 2, 2011 at 3:45 pm

She’s a pretty girl, I can totally see her with fangs.I’m confident she will be a good Nora, I have yet to be lead wrong by Mel or Liz with show/character recommendations. Here’s to hoping she brings here A game.

3. esw45

November 2, 2011 at 4:18 pm

She will be cool…..it will interesting to see how she interacts with Pam….does she know about Eric feelings for sookie? If so does she like sookie? Does,she interacts will king bill…..does she like him? Will she a love interest for bill? Just some questions I am interested in seeing how it plays out.

November 2, 2011 at 8:27 pm

All very good questions for this character!

4. Amber-Rae

November 2, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I don’t understand… Was Nora in the books? And if so she was DEFF not Eric’s sister!!!!

November 2, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Nope, she’s a True Blood original character, like Jessica.

5. Belle

November 2, 2011 at 5:57 pm

I cannot even describe how psyched I am about this. I loved Robin Hood and Lucy in it – in fact, if not for True Blood, I would probably say it was my favourite tv series. I never in a million years thought I’d see her in my other favourite show!

This just further proves the excellency of casting of this show! I just think it’s fantastic that the show recognises the potential of quality, lesser-known actors from England and here in Aus, not just America. Real testament to the quality of the show that it doesn’t need to rely on typical big names for its huge success – instead it relies on fantastic writing and fantastic actors! I could not be happier with this news.

You guys just always make my day! 🙂

6. kait

November 2, 2011 at 8:14 pm

She is gorgeous I have not seen her in anything before but I have 100% faith in true bloods casting department

7. StaceyJ

November 2, 2011 at 8:28 pm

I LOVE Lucy Griffths.. She is so talented and so beautiful..
    And I loved her in Robin Hood BBC. Now, HBO needs to cast Richard Armitage..
    WOW! This is such good casting..,

November 2, 2011 at 9:16 pm

If they cast Richard Armitage, I cannot be held responsible for the volume of my squee. Just FYI.

• Belle

November 2, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Hahaha I completely agree, I don’t think I could even handle that… that would just be too many stunning people in one place! He’d make an awesome vampire though, he could just recycle all that leather he wore and that attitude from Robin Hood. 🙂

8. El.

November 3, 2011 at 12:19 am

This sister thing is starting to make sense now…I remember few hints from season 4 on Erics connections to AVL (Bill telling Sookie “Eric has connections in high places, much higher than me…” & Nan before she died said something like “not all members of AVL and authority have been loyal, mr Northman knows what I’m taking about”) so we knew Eric is somehow connected to AVL and now we know its his sister!

• Jess

November 6, 2011 at 10:10 am

Yesssss! Good point, I remember those hints!

9. Bethany

November 3, 2011 at 6:17 am

I am glad to see that they are not going down the creapy road with Alexi. I think having a hot, high-ranking, and of legal age sister is going to play out much better. It is tidbits like this that just get me so excited to see what they are going to do next. EEEEEEE!

10. jc

November 4, 2011 at 7:03 pm

i love true blood its not fake like other vampire movies i cant wait for season 5

11. LeAnne

November 5, 2011 at 5:43 pm

WOW! she is a very pretty girl! Will be very interesting to see how Eric acts with a “sister” maybe a more tender side????

• esw45

November 5, 2011 at 10:23 pm

yes between being in love with sookie and his “sister” Eric probably will be showing a tender and loving side that we have never seen.

12. eloise taylor

November 12, 2011 at 3:29 pm

If season five like season four. Whomever u get will be greeeet. a
    I got a question Season three we kind of found out that Sooky parents did not drown.If they didn’t down.What happen they.Sooky deserves to know.Alsoo if Reavon Steve a vampire
    Is his wife one too.Number one fan.