Alexander Skarsgard Discusses His True Blood Threesome

Alexander Skarsgard is busy promoting [easyazon-link asin=”B005TJ7EFG”]Melancholia[/easyazon-link], and while he was at it, he talked to Moviephone about filming that controversial threesome dream sequence with Sookie, Bill and Eric in True Blood season 4.

Eric, Sookie and Bill in a True Blood threesomeI know love scenes on set are nothing but professional. But is it at all different when the other two members of the scene are married in real life?
Not really. We’re good friends and professional actors. All three of us. So we know what we’re doing. And it’s like, I love Anna [Paquin] to death, but Steve [Moyer] obviously knows that our friendship is very platonic. So, sometimes it’s more awkward if you don’t know them. Steve knows that I’m not a threat.

Well, I’d be more like, “Oh, I hope I’m not imposing.”
Nah. And Steve was very sweet before we got in to all of that stuff. He said to me, “Dude, I just want you to know that I want you to feel comfortable with this and it’s not awkward at all. I love you and I know there’s no one I’d rather have doing these scenes with Anna and me because we’re friends. It’s not awkward at all and I don’t want you to hold back because then that’s going to be weird. Like, do what you have to do.” It was very great of him to say that.

(read the full interview, including his thoughts on playing “Eric Northman” forever, here…)

1. Laura

November 9, 2011 at 6:09 pm

I think its kind of annoying that the interviewers constantly have to ask that question if Alex feels uncomfortable or what Moyer thinks about this love scenes; my goodness, these guys are actors and get paid for their job, I think they must be annoyed by this now, these interviewers are just annoying… and also no one asked Anna if she feels uncomfortable when her Stephan did those gruesome sex scenes with Lorena, so why can´t they do the same with alex?

November 9, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Probably because the fans keep talking about it. 😉

2. eloise taylor

November 9, 2011 at 6:19 pm

I love that scean.Especially.any true blood scean with Eric and Sooky. It would be cool if sooky get the power to make human do any thing she want them to do. Keep up the good work. Especially the sex scean.

3. peeniebean

November 10, 2011 at 2:29 pm

It prolly wasn’t akward for AS until he was told not to feel akward!
    Guess AS can sleep better knowing he has SM’s permission do his job as a proffesional now! LOL

I find it strange that I have followed other shows where actors were hooked-up, or married ,yet never heard these questions put to them about sex scenes with co-workers?

• esw45

November 10, 2011 at 3:51 pm

It is kinda silly because SM/ bill character will be hooking up with multiple women last last season and probably this new season as well and its not an issue with AP/sookie because its part of the job. I think AS/Eric and AP/sookie will probably hook up eventually again before the show goes off the air….these same questions will be presented again….

November 10, 2011 at 10:53 pm

I’ve heard of this many times. It’s odd and personally I think it’s lame and over done, but sometimes no matter how professional an actor may think he/she is, if they are honest with themselves they’d admit that it can get a bit uncomfortable when you have a scene like. Many of them are. So in that light, it would be a valid question, but again, it’s not one I would ask.

Did that make any sense at all? LOL!

4. Bethany

November 10, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Well, I know that both Anna and Stephen are a little wild, so maybe they are more into it than they let on. LOL Just kidding there. But seriously, the topic has been covered. I bet AS is thinking “Oh, another round of answering the same questions” when he does interviews like these. LOL Either way, always good to see anyone from TB getting press. Might bring in the 10 people out there who have not heard all of this yet.

5. Adam

November 18, 2011 at 7:19 am

I agree with the post below me (Laura). These people are professional actors and are getting paid a lot of money. That being said, it’s still interesting to talk about, and I do wonder sometime what the true feeling are. Thanks for the great article!

• eloise taylor

November 18, 2011 at 9:20 pm

No one ask anna about her feelings about her husban sex sceens. But when u an actor or actress it is there jobs. I just hope next season is just as good as four.And, make sure the sex sceans as juicey. Is Tara going to be a ghost? And,I love the tara sex screen with her girlfriend was hot. True blood actress and actors thank you for doing a great job. I am trueblood number one fan.