Sookie Book 12 Cover Art Revealed

[easyazon-link asin=”1937007448″]Deadlocked[/easyazon-link], book 12 in the Sookie Stackhouse series, isn’t due until May 1, 2012, but Wicked Scribes tracked down the cover today and shared it with the Interwebz. It’s another illustration by Lisa Desimini, who’s created the covers for all of the books so far, and holds some potential clues to the plot.

We see the Cluviel d’Or open and shining a light upward as Sookie floats (?) holding a letter in her hand. A solitary house is below her, surrounded by howling (were?)wolves and bats (to signify vampires?) fly away from the light. This would seem to imply that the werewolves play a significant role in [easyazon-link asin=”1937007448″]Deadlocked[/easyazon-link] with the vampires, what, being more symbolically present? Or perhaps Sookie is separating herself from the vampires? At the very least, it looks like she’ll be using the Cluviel d’Or in this book.

What do you think of the new cover? Got any guesses about what’s going on?

1. PAW

November 10, 2011 at 7:43 pm

Oooooohhh! I can’t wait. But what is Cluviel d’Or?

November 10, 2011 at 10:26 pm

You will need to read the last book to get clarification on what that is.

2. Toyia noble

November 10, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Cluviel d’or is the gift given to gran and the she left it to Sookie it is magical (fairy power)…can’t wait til May!

3. PAW

November 11, 2011 at 2:33 am

Oh, I remember. Thanks guys! Excited to read the book. 🙂

4. Sookieleana

November 11, 2011 at 3:08 am

I am so excited seeing this, I love Lisa’s covers. I always have to import them from US as we can’t get them readily here in UK. So she is going to use the CD, wow, thought we might have to wait until the last book. She has to use it for someone she loves I think? So hopefully she is going to kick a certain vampire queenies ass! And what’s the myterious piece of paper, my mind will be a whirl for the next 6 months. Could have done without the weres (yawn), there is enough going on with vampires and fairies, but maybe they are just protecting her house from something/someone.

• CassyM

November 11, 2011 at 7:34 am

I think you might be right about the weres protecting Sookie and her house. I smell a fairy portal and it don’t smell good. I don’t trust Claude and I have serious worries about Niall. For some reason I think the piece of paper might be to do with him (just wild speculation). I figured the CD would wait until book 13, as she is using it here I’m guessing Eric, he is who she loves right now. I’m really hoping Sookie and the queen will meet in this book and the issue is sorted so we don’t have to worry about her for another year. I keep telling myself if we had only 10 books like orginally planned she wouldn’t even be here so she’s just filler, then the next second I’m w0rried sick about her.

• Sookieeleana

November 11, 2011 at 10:58 am

The Fairy Portal don’t smell good LOL is that due to a certain dead body LOL
        I know what you mean about the fairies – there’s issues there for sure. We know Sookie will get kidnapped again and they are still currently top of my usual suspects list, along with Queenie of course but mark my word Queenie is going down 🙂

5. Jules

November 11, 2011 at 9:32 am

Super excited for this book to come out. Going to reread the last book in April, since I know I need clarification on some things. Like the wolves. I thought they received their exit via Alcide’s awkward scene…maybe that was just my interpretation. I like the cover, Sookie is the main focus & the CD is shining up on her,(yay)! It seems the “creatures” are there, but not on the same level as they once were. Hope I’m wrong…really concerned that none of these bats have a face!

6. Dee

November 14, 2011 at 11:25 am

Ooooo good speculation about the letter relating to Niall, CassyM!!

Love the cover and I’m really hoping we get our yearly Christmas gifty from Charlaine of the first chapters of the book in December.