Casting News: Meet Salome

Interestingly enough, the part of Salome has gone to Italian actress Valentina Cervi. Salome, as we reported earlier, is the creation of the writers and not one of Charlaine Harris’s characters from the books. She is described as an ancient vampire who’s also a skilled seductress and possibly crazy. She’s incredibly powerful, but able to hide that when it suits her. The character has dark hair and dark features and is “exotic looking”.

Valentina Cervi is 'Salome'

Remember that writer Raelle Tucker clued us that this character was “someone we may have heard of”. Bet you all didn’t expect this, huh? I didn’t!  😉

1. Sarina

November 15, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Not true. Salome is absolutely in the books. She resides in Mississippi and she is the maker of Mickey, who has not made an appearance in the show. In fact Franklin Mott in the show is really Mickey in the books. Franklin in the books treated Tara very well, sor t of…, but Mickey is an animal.

2. Dee

November 15, 2011 at 1:37 pm

That is true Sarina, but the amount of character development for book Salome is minimal and she plays a very minor role in the story. For the show, Salome’s character appears to be more developed and it looks like she’ll have more impact on the storyline for Season 5.

She also is being teased as a historical character who has been turned on the show, whereas in the books, Salome was not a historical character.

November 15, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Exactly, Dee. This makes her a creation of the the showrunners. In fact, the ‘Salome’ in the book was such a minor character that I don’t even recall her at all.

3. Sookieeleana

November 15, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Another beauty (surprise, surprise)
    She is probably the new character I’m most interested in seeing next season.
    I’ve got a feeling she will be Russell’s child who dug him out but I’ll no doubt be wrong.
    She is definitely going to be seducing somebody 🙂

• esw45

November 15, 2011 at 2:05 pm

My best guess Sook is Bill or Eric……she will probably be seducing one of them.

• Sookieeleana

November 15, 2011 at 2:16 pm

I’d love to see her go for Jason, he just wouldn’t be able to help himself 🙂
        She’d eat him up for breakfast!

• esw45

November 15, 2011 at 2:26 pm

That would be interesting….jason but he would bore her because he is not too bright….and too nice as well….Eric could deal with her….but he doesn’t seem to like having sex with vamps but he might not care at this point…..we will see…

4. Cha

November 15, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Wow… not at all what I expected. She’s interesting to look at for sure, no doubt she’s also talented if they cast her. The character bio requires some serious acting ability. I hope she brings it.

5. CassyM

November 15, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Well if she’s an Italian actress she’ll be used to playing crazy women and taking her clothes off so she should fit right in. I think she’ll go for Andy. I mean he’s had a fairy, surely a vampire is the natural progression?

6. Belle

November 15, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Strangely enough, she’s what I expected, when I saw ‘exotic’ I kind of hoped they meant Mediterranean sort of exotic. She’s very beautiful! I can see her making a fierce vampire for sure.

Well it’s clear what this season will be about… not werewolves, not witches, but beautiful brunettes! 🙂

7. Laura

November 15, 2011 at 5:38 pm

well, this is probably going to be something like the Maryanne storyline, they take out a small part from the books and turn it into a hug orgy or something like this…don`t know what to think about this…

8. Bethany

November 16, 2011 at 12:34 am

I personally think they just did what they always do, and took a character from the books, then used that character to merge several characters (both book related and not) together for storyline purposes. I mean La La died at the beginning of the 2nd book, and look where he has gone since then. I have a feeling that the character was “inspired” by the book character, but they needed someone to work along side RE, and maybe provide a little mischief for Eric/Bill/Sookie/Pam??? If they do it right, this could be a wonderful turn for the show. If they do it wrong…. Well, the viewers are very outspoken either way.

9. trixie

November 16, 2011 at 3:42 am

I’m not exactly looking forward to another TB “crazy female”, but I like the actress. That’s a good start so I hope they can do something interesting with the character.

10. Irina

November 17, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Salome is briefly mentioned in the books, and she does sound quite crazy and beautiful. Eric actually addresses her as beautiful princess when he talks to her on the phone. Yes, it looks like TB will take a minor character from Book 5 and make her into something big and scary. I hope they do it well, not like with Marnie/Antonia. Valentina looks very beautiful and has a touch of the exotic in her look. I admit I expected a Middle Eastern or Israeli actress for a biblical character, but this Italian actress in the right costume should do very well. Obviously she must have been the best choice among the other actresses who auditioned. TB doesn’t compromise on talent. Can’t wait for S5.

• Sookieleana

November 18, 2011 at 6:15 am

Marnie / Antonia – I didn’t like them either – thought they were rubbish as a big bad. (Hallow was much better) but TB did a great job on Russell, so I’m hoping for a similar kind of thing to that on Salome. I am only hearing very positive things about Valentina as an actress so fingers crossed.
      I may have completely missed something guys but have we actually been told that Salome is going to be this seasons “big bad”, I was expecting that more to be the AVL / Authority??

11. mary

November 19, 2011 at 3:31 pm

I think the writers go to the right direction this time.
    Since Eric-Sookie thing as directed and given to the public was a disaster, this Salome character seems very interesting and good looking for the show and for Eric.

November 19, 2011 at 4:05 pm

I’m sure they’ll be happy to know that they have your blessing. LOL!

• esw45

November 19, 2011 at 5:39 pm

We will see what they do with Salome…..maybe something with Eric……but I don’t think Eric and sookie was a disaster….it was a beautiful connection…..sorry about getting off the topic.

12. LeAnne

November 21, 2011 at 7:57 pm

very pretty! Hope to see her shaking things up! Making the women of Bon Temps worry a little (or alot) and the men sweat! oh, and Pam sweat too lol!~

• Sookieleana

November 23, 2011 at 3:14 am

Oh, I forgot about poor Pam – Pam needs a love interest so she can’t stop getting so worked up about Eric. Maybe if she gets a love interest of her own, she and Eric can bond again.