Two More Join True Blood Season 5 (SPOILERS)

Deadline has last minute True Blood season 5 casting news for us as the week winds up.

Warning: Season 5 Spoilers Ahead!

Kelly Overton will appear in 6 episodes as Rikki, a werewolf who’s beautiful but dirty (more sexy showers on the way?) and wants to know what happened to Marcus. Louis Herthum will appear in 5 episodes as J.D., the Marine-type werewolf who refuses to acknowledge the new packmaster. He’s the one we speculated was Alcide’s father; still no confirmation or denial on that front.

True Blood season 5 begins filming on Monday, November 21 and premieres on HBO in June 2012.

1. Bethany

November 18, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Sounds like they are amping up for a good packmaster contest. Can’t wait!!!!

2. malin

November 19, 2011 at 3:41 am

Its just TO LOOONG to wait!!!!! ARGH!

3. Jules

November 19, 2011 at 11:41 am

The actress looks very familiar, but I cannot place her. As for Mr. Herthum, (going on the assumption that he could play Alcide’s dad) i hope he is really tall. Otherwise, I would have a hard time seeing him as Alcide’s father.

November 19, 2011 at 3:15 pm

She was in The Ring 2.

4. curious_one

November 20, 2011 at 5:12 am

i am curious why there is no news about what will go on between eric and sookie???

i am dying to get any hint if they r going to be together more closely than season 4???

• esw45

November 20, 2011 at 11:12 am

Like you I don’t know what going to happen between Eric and sookie…..but it seems like in the early part of this season sookie will be involved in this were war thing for packmaster with Alcide and Eric and bill will be involved with the AVL…..so it seems like they won’t be seeing each other early on then I think by the last episode of this season they will be involved with vampire business and I still believe they love each other……but we will what happens when all this drama is over.

November 21, 2011 at 9:22 am

Because the casting calls relate to NEW characters. We rarely get information on what’s going on with existing characters out of these casting calls and news, although sometimes we can speculate how they’ll fit in and/or impact established characters/storylines.

5. Anja

November 21, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I have the feeling I’m one of the few people who are absolutely NOT looking forward to the whole were politics game? I rushed through those parts in the book asap, so boring. Bring on Eric and Sookie!

• esw45

November 21, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I like you am not looking forward to this were war too…..but I am going to give it a chance and hope the weres become interesting…..then after the were war your request will come into play……hopefully.

• Anja

November 21, 2011 at 3:16 pm

let’s hope you’re right! I guess the scripts are all written and sent out, because they start filming like, nowish, but I hope the HBO team of True Blood did some research on fan polls /servays to see what people want .. (more Eric and vamps obviously :P)

November 22, 2011 at 1:31 pm

Even with all the poll research and fan surveys on the internet there will still be those who will not like something about the season. They will never end up pleasing all the fans. Your opinion about only wanting to see Eric and the vamps is not one that is shared by all. That would cut Sookie out completely, as well as Sam, Lafayette and Jason, not to mention the other interesting stories they’ve developed over the past four seasons.

• Anja

November 22, 2011 at 3:51 pm

I did not say I ONLY wanted to see Eric and the vamps, Liz 🙂
            Everyone except the weres dominating most of the episodes would be nice, for me. (And all the poll results I’ve been seeing lately are like 90% pro Eric 😛 which says a lot, no matter what other people say!)

November 22, 2011 at 5:22 pm

All that says is that Eric fans are very vocal, and that’s great. But it’s still not the 8 million people who watch the show. Many of them just watch it for the entertainment that it’s meant to be and the good quality, and they don’t vote in polls. So no matter what you say, the writers will never be able to please all 8 million, which was my point to begin with, Anja.

• Sookieleana

November 23, 2011 at 3:21 am

Liz I would much, much rather watch Sam, Laffy and Jason than the weres. It will be a big test next season, if the weres are going to be heavily featured, they have to make them more interesting, not just a stereotypical biker gang. I can understand why some women like Alcide for his body but he has zero personality yet and needs to get more interesting as well if he is the were lead and we are all going to cheer for him.

• Sookieleana

November 22, 2011 at 3:21 am

No I felt the same way and I think a lot of people do. If there is one thing they could have missed out from the books I would have chosen the pack wars.
      I just don’t find weres sexy or interesting, they just take screen time away from the vamps.

• Gracie

November 22, 2011 at 7:21 am

I don’t think much of the were’s much either I just like sookie, bill ,and Eric that’s all I care about!!!!

• esw45

November 23, 2011 at 8:26 am

The weres have been very boring on TB and Alcide doesn’t do much for me because I am not interested in looking at his body……so he needs to get a personality that would interest me for me to care about him…..he is too judgemental for my liking and not too bright as well.

November 23, 2011 at 8:49 am

I have to agree with you, esw. I really want to like Alcide and root for him, partially because Joe Manganiello is such a terrific guy, but so far True Blood hasn’t given me much to like or root for with his character or the weres as a whole. It goes back to what Liz and I were talking about on the podcast a few weeks ago: werewolves seem like they could be sexy and attractive, but when you get down to the nitty gritty, wolves are not sexy or attractive. It’s not in our human nature to find them so, and I think that colors everything about the werewolf storyline and characterization.

• esw45

November 23, 2011 at 10:37 am

What is funny about this subject Mel, is that i usually like werewolves in most movies and TV shows….but for some reason I don’t like these werewolves on TB

6. caterina

November 22, 2011 at 11:49 am

I wonder, Will they introduce “Quinn” into season 5? Im dying to see who will be casted for his part!!!

• esw45

November 22, 2011 at 12:06 pm

No, because Alcide will be TB version of “Quinn” from what we can tell just based upon what the storyline seems to be….

• Anja

November 22, 2011 at 3:52 pm

The last thing I wanna see is Quinn, Alcide is more than enough!

7. eloise taylor

November 25, 2011 at 6:13 am

I thank the nrw addition will be a welcome.And,somehow I thank the wearpather will be involve somehow.eAnd,Erica and Sooky will be in the middle of it all.

8. retta

November 26, 2011 at 8:06 am

Its so hard waiting for the next season to begin, Has anyone wondered about Andy and
    the Fairy and will they have a human /fairy child. Plus he’s got to protect her he promised.

9. Irina

November 27, 2011 at 5:20 pm

I thought werepack wars were kinda interesting in the books. Can’t just have everything about vampires. Plus Alcide serves as Sookie’s second connection to the supe world. Hopefully, she can be accepted and do some good for the weres since in TB universe it’s too dangerous for her to be among the vampires the way she was in the books. Incidentally, Alcide’s character in the books is judgemental, boring, not too bright, doesn’t have a winning personality, and has the worst timing. That’s why Sookie never gets together with him even though he seems like a good catch. He’s attractive, and he likes her, but he just doesn’t understand Sookie or what she wants and needs. I hope TB will make Alcide’s character different from the books, so he at least looks more like a contender for Sookie’s heart in S5.

• esw45

November 27, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Alcide in TB is all the things you have just stated…..putting her with him is a forced thing, so she could be with someone that is not a vampire. Alcide is boring and judgemental and stupid as a character on TB. You are one of the few people that actually thought book 5 about the weres were interesting… Most people didn’t care for the were wars.