Is Christopher Meloni Joining True Blood Season 5?

Please let this happen! TVLine reports that Christopher Meloni, most recently Detective Stabler on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, is in talks for a major role in True Blood season 5. HBO is mum on which character he’s in talks to play, but Ausiello says his sources are saying it’s an incredibly powerful vampire. Could that be a ruse? Could it be Quinn?!?!?! I can’t think of any major vampire roles that would fit his looks (yes, I know he’s 50, but he looks younger).

Updated: Wait a minute…could he be Dieter Braun? (Episode 5.02 casting call – SPOILERS) Not sure how “major” Dieter’s role is, but the physical description is apt.

1. May

November 29, 2011 at 10:17 pm

I like the actor but he is so not how I envisioned Quinn to be. But then again, none of the characters were cast like I’d envisioned.. LOL

November 29, 2011 at 10:20 pm

He’s not how I envisioned Quinn either, but I would be so on board with Quinn being on the show if Meloni played him. Yes please!

• Laura

November 30, 2011 at 6:23 am

he is nót going to be quinn, he is playing a vampire, so he might be victor or felipe de castro, but maybe the writers will once again invent a new character…

• NannyVamp

November 30, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I first thought Victor when I saw this news, too. He is an incredible actor!

2. Kelsey

November 29, 2011 at 10:37 pm

WHAT?!!! He should NOT be Quinn…are you kidding me? It should be Jason Momoa and anyone who says different is wrong!

November 29, 2011 at 10:39 pm

Or they just have a different opinion than you do, which is OK.

• esw45

November 29, 2011 at 11:12 pm

I still don’t believe that Quinn will be cast…..I think ausiello is right about him being cast to be a powerful vampire…..either one of the authority council members or maybe even Felipe de Castro?

• Kristen

November 30, 2011 at 1:01 am

I don’t see him as filipe

3. Amy B.

November 29, 2011 at 11:26 pm

….Van Diesel would make a great Quinn!

• NannyVamp

November 30, 2011 at 8:50 pm

When I read the books, Van Diesel was my mind’s eye visualization of Quinn!

• LQ

December 1, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Vin Diesel would be good. The Rock would be better.

• Sandi

December 12, 2011 at 9:04 pm

O holy cow. Who to choose. I think Vin Disel would be perfect. Perfect.
        Still, we need to come up with a character for the DeWayne Johnson (aka The Rock). He’s easy on the eyes as well. Oh. He’d make a great werewolf, perhaps the one who Amanda (whom we’ve yet to meet) dates before the great vampire/were/faery war.

4. Jessica (dragonfly)

November 30, 2011 at 12:16 am

Personally, I don’t think he’d make a good Quinn at all. However, I do think he’d be perfect to play Alcide’s Father! He’s about the right age, and build. Any thoughts?

5. Otep

November 30, 2011 at 1:00 am

i can’t imagine they bring quinn into true blood at all. i mean, they don’t follow the plot in the books that much.

and i also don’t think christopher meloni will be dieter braun. dieter is still a very typical german name; braun was a very common surename but i think it isn’t since the ns-regime. if you ask me dieter has to be german speaking.

• Brandy

December 13, 2011 at 5:31 pm

I love the books series more and wished the TV series followed the book a little bit more. I think not casting Quinn in the series would be a very big mistake. Either way I am all about True Blood all around.

6. Bethany

November 30, 2011 at 3:38 am

I highly doubt he is Quinn. He isn’t big enough to be Quinn. Not that he isn’t hot enough, or strong enough, I just don’t get a Tiger vibe from him. But I am willing to bet you are right about the coucil roll. I could picture him in that setting. Can’t wait!!!!!!

7. Bethany

November 30, 2011 at 3:41 am

LMAO I just read the speculation that he would be Fellipe. I always pictured him as rather…. ummmm….flamboyant? I just don’t see it. But it will be interesting if they bring him in this early (that is a little farther down the line, but not like they don’t mash up the characters and storylines. I just honestly woke up my Honey laughing so loud at the picture that put in my head. (Not saying you are wrong, just what I pictured was not exactly what I always got from the books.)

• NannyVamp

November 30, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I kind of wonder, too, since it is season 5, if they won’t start combining some of the storylines, since they really only use the gist of them anyway. If they do, then a hostile vampire takeover would be interesting, since all sheriffs but Eric in LA are gone, and Bill’s reign as king is possibly over because he may be on the run. Leaves the LA area in a precarious position, and Felipe and Victor were all about power in the books.

8. Sookieeleana

November 30, 2011 at 8:44 am

Please no Quinn – I would be so upset as there is no need for him now Sookie knows Eric loves her. There are still unresolved issues with Alcide as well and to bring in another suitor just wouldn’t work in the show.
    Please make it some Victor or Felipe type vampire character.
    The more vamps the better.

• esw45

November 30, 2011 at 9:54 am

I would be very surprised if Quinn would ever be cast on TB…..I don’t think AB likes the character and instead use Alcide as the alternative to the vamps….I think she has too many suitors as it is. One of the council members I think is where he will be cast……but if he was Victor or Felipe that would be cool.

• NannyVamp

November 30, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I think that is a very good point. Three possible loves are about too many for me! I can’t even decide who I’d like to see her with! I can’t imagine being in her shoes, although given the option, and 3 incredibly gorgeous guys like she has, I would most certainly take my time trying to figure it out! ;o)

9. Cha

November 30, 2011 at 10:06 am

Ok my heart just skipped a beat I love love love Chris he is so very talented! I don’t care who he plays all I know is he will do it very well! I hope this is true.

10. Liz

November 30, 2011 at 10:14 am

I’m with Cha, I don’t care who he plays, as long as he’s on the show! I could totally see him playing a dangerous vampire.

11. T

November 30, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Be still my heart! Love Chris! I don’t see him as Quinn, but I do hope TB adds him. Maybe he’ll be the well-dressed dangerous male charcter from the 1905 flashback scene we’re getting in episode two.

12. Goldy Jean

November 30, 2011 at 6:40 pm

I don’t know if anyone remembers his stint as the bisexual serial killer on HBO’s Oz, but Meloni was mesmerizing and terrifying. Even though TB changed Eric’s origin story, I could def see Meloni as a terrifying Roman vampire.

• Cha

November 30, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Absolutely remember it was a few seasons, more than a stint and he was one of the best actors in the series. True indeed scary as hell at times, I am completely confident he will be phenomenal in whatever role he takes on.

13. Carrie

December 1, 2011 at 10:51 am

My first thought was Quinn too, but when I saw that they said he’d be playing a vampire, I had no idea. It would be awesome if he did play Quinn!

14. Neal Ashworth

December 2, 2011 at 2:12 am

Christopher Meloni has been great in everything that he has done. He would be great on True Blood too ; in any part. However I see him as a powerful werewolf more so than a vampire. He is hot blooded , not cold blooded. Look foward to seeing him in any role. He will only make the best show on television even better. Oh yeah Quinn is also hot blooded.