Chris Meloni Joins True Blood Season 5 for Reals!

It’s been announced that Christopher Meloni is most definitely on board for season 5 as the “ancient, powerful vampire who holds the fate of Bill and Eric in his hands,” according to Alan Ball. Meloni has been courted for the past couple of weeks and it looks as though Alan was successful in glamouring him into this part.

It doesn’t sound like this is Quinn, Truebies. Sorry!

1. lindsey

December 13, 2011 at 6:43 pm

I’m glad it doesn’t sound like quinns character. 🙂
    Thanks for the update.

2. esw45

December 13, 2011 at 6:55 pm

That is great news! I wonder will he be Felipe De Castro from the books or this Deiter character that is part of the authority…..I think he will take over the Louisiana territory like in the books???…..great actor so he will be interesting no matter who his character is.

3. Mel

December 13, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Woo to the hoo! Cannot wait to see him!

• Gracie

December 13, 2011 at 9:24 pm

He played a great detective in law and order I will miss his character! But it will be interesting to see him in true blood but I know he’ll be great!

4. TrueEricBlood

December 13, 2011 at 11:12 pm

according to the website I saw, Ball says he will play a very old, powerful vampire who holds Bill and Eric’s fate in his hands.

December 14, 2011 at 10:05 am

Yes, that’s what my post above says, TrueEricBlood. 😉

• Cha

December 14, 2011 at 10:30 am

Lol… I got confused for a sec.

5. Cha

December 14, 2011 at 10:29 am

Soooo happy and excited. I know he will not disappoint us! I hope his character has done staying power.

• esw45

December 14, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Hopefully he will be in season 6 as well…

• Cha

December 14, 2011 at 1:47 pm

I know that’s exactly what I meant. I’m getting antsy… Again. 🙂

6. Bethany

December 14, 2011 at 1:17 pm

YAY!!! I love almost everything he does, and could not see him in a Quinn type role, so this roll sounds great!

7. D'Sue

December 14, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Am very excited to see Christopher Meloni back on tv- but on TB….. couldn’t be more thrilled!
    SVU is not half the show it was prior to CM’s exit.

As for Whom CM will be? I’m leaning t’wards Victor Madden – I know it’s early in the
    series (VM wasn’t introduced until later in the book’s) but, he would be wonderful as the
    vicious – power hungry 2nd in command, under Felipe de Castro King of Nevada.

But as that Mr. Meloni is such a wonderful & versatile actor, whatever character they give him – he will be awesome, and will be a great addition to the cast.

Congratulations to: Christopher Meloni