True Blood Writers Are Back In Action!

True Blood is back in production for season 5, which means that the Inside True Blood Blog is back as well. Gianna Sobel, Alan Ball’s assistant, takes us inside True Blood and gives us a glimpse of what’s happening on set and at the writers’ office. She also caught up with writer Alexander Woo:

Gianna:  So what did you do over the hiatus?

Alexander:  I went and got married.  We had three receptions all over the country, so we traveled a lot. Then went on our honeymoon, and attended another wedding before coming back to town.

Gianna:  Now that the writers are back in session, what are you guys and gals up to?

Alexander:  We have gathered to discuss the storylines and themes of Season 5, and scripts for the first half of the season are being written. We are preparing to shoot Episode 1 right now.

Gianna:  Have you read any scripts yet for the new season?

Alexander:  I’ve read episodes 1 and 2, and I’m very excited about them.

Gianna:  Do you know which episodes you’ll be writing?

Alexander:  There are six writers and twelve episodes, so I will be writing two. I’m doing episode 4 now, and another one toward the end of the season.

Gianna:  Is there anything you can share with us about next season?

Alexander:  Some of the things that people loved in the first four seasons of ‘True Blood,’ you’ll be getting more of. And there will also be some surprises that will hopefully delight everyone. We have a sense of what the fans have already enjoyed in the previous seasons, and we’re doing our best to give our fans more of that but also leave some room for novelty and surprise.

1. Sookieeleana

December 13, 2011 at 3:57 pm

LOL I just asked on Sunday in another thread when we found out about the writers. Alexander Woo was one of the ones I look out for so episode 4 will hopefully be a good one.

• esw45

December 13, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Yes Sookieleana, Alexander Woo and Raelle Tucker seem more pro Eric so to speak, than some of the other writers to me…

2. Sookieeleana

December 13, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Alexander Woo writes great Eric no doubt.
    I’m afraid Raelle Tucker has a lot of ground to make up for me. Maybe if she comes out and explains what she was trying to do in the season 4 finale she might get me back on side. But for now I’m much more excited about Woo.

• esw45

December 13, 2011 at 5:05 pm

No one can ever give a plausible explaination about season finale writing or really the last 2 episodes writing……I loved most of season 4 except those last episodes…..hopefully this season will make up for it!

December 13, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Or maybe she doesn’t have to because she’d be spoiling the first few episodes of season 5. You know (or maybe you’ve forgotten) they have always started out each season with a nice explanation of the previous season.

• Gracie

December 13, 2011 at 9:21 pm

I hope they show sookie torn between her first love Bill and Eric! No Alcide he’s just a joke too me!

• Luz

December 14, 2011 at 9:37 am

I couldn’t agree more. Although I’m a fan of Eric, I can understand that Sookie is confuse between Eric and Bill, because he’s her first love, and that something you do no forget so easily. Even more, even though I can wait to see Sookie & Eric as a couple I would understand if she chooses Bill at the end, but Alcide is nothing but obstacle. It makes no sense that he’s also interested in Sookie.

3. Cha

December 14, 2011 at 10:36 am

It’s so funny we always talk about how long the wait is for season 5. I bet the TB staff feels completely the opposite, just married which is so nice but now right back to work already. That time probably flys by for them. Can’t wait for these delightful surprises!

4. Bethany

December 14, 2011 at 1:20 pm

I don’t have much time, so all I am going to say is YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that says it all. Oh, and congrats to Alexander Woo on his recent wedding. I had no idea.