15 Pages of “Deadlocked”, Chapter 2 Posted!

Charlaine Harris has posted the first 15 pages of chapter 2 from her latest Sookie novel, Deadlocked. The latest book in the series is due in book stores May, 2012, but Charlaine knows how her fans need their fix, and she’s happy to oblige.

Merry Christmas, from Charlaine Harris everyone!

Click here for happy reading.

Thanks to Nothinbutjoy for the heads up!

CAUTION: Please DO NOT POST SPOILERS. Be considerate of those who would rather wait until the book comes out to read it in its entirety. (That means me. – Liz)  Thanks, Truebies!

1. Sookieeleana

December 15, 2011 at 5:13 pm

It’s party time in my house tonight 🙂

I’ll try to come back with something a little more intellectual tomorrow.

Did I ever mention how much I love Charlaine Harris?

2. Liz

December 15, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Hey Sookieeleana, I edited you comment to omit the little spoiler. I should have included a warning about that in my post but I was so excited to post the news that I missed it. I don’t know if I want to read this yet and I know I don’t want it spoiled for me. There are others out there like me as well.

Thanks!

• Sookieeleana

December 16, 2011 at 1:14 am

Sorry Liz. I presumed everyone would read it.
      I don’t know you all have the will power to wait.
      🙂

3. Jules

December 15, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Woo Hoo!! “Say it sister. We’re in for it now.” Can’t wait…. thanks

4. PAW

December 16, 2011 at 9:13 am

I swear! This is a nice XMAS Gift for all fans out there. I’m soooooooooooooo thrilled to read this. Please tell CH, ‘THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!” <3

5. Gracie

December 16, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Can u guys out there please tell me what happens in chapter 2 because I can’t get it up on my iPod touch or my computer!

6. Bethany

December 16, 2011 at 4:53 pm

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I have been waiting for this for what seems like forever for this. OMG this little blurb makes the book sound GREAT!!!! (not giving anything away here) and honestly, even spoilers won’t give too much away. They do seem to pick the perfect chapters that give a great taste but don’t give away the whole book when they put these out. Probably why they pick chapter 2, chapter 1 is all “Sookie is a mind-reader from Bon Temps” and chapter 3 probably gets more involved in the story. Love it Love it Love it. Now maybe my family and friends won’t be quite so crazy listening to me speculate on Deadlocked without knowing where it is aiming. Oh, thank you so much again Liz. I don’t think I gave anything away, only that is was so wonderful to read this little teaser chapter at long last.

Getting ready for Xmas seems like the days are just whipping by, but getting to the first Tuesday in May seems to take so much longer. LOL

• Sookieeleana

December 17, 2011 at 4:33 am

I’m still hoping we could get chapter 1 in the DR paperback.
      Probably too much to ask for though.
      And I think you are right – it will all kick off in chapter 3.

7. Helen

December 17, 2011 at 3:45 am

That’s just made me impatient for May now! lol I love Dermot, he’s quite sweet.

• Sookieeleana

December 17, 2011 at 4:35 am

LOL You’re a good person Helen – all the fairies just creep me out, they are the scariest creatures in it for me. I obviously have a fairy phobia.

• Helen

December 17, 2011 at 11:32 am

Well, I’d quite gladly let him stay at my place 😉

8. Sookieeleana

December 18, 2011 at 6:44 am

LOL.
    At least he’d get some jobs done around the house whilst he’s there.