SPOILER: Alan Ball Teases Season 5

Inside True Blood blog posted a teeny-tiny teaser for us. It’s not much (almost nothing) but have no fear Truebies, this is only the beginning.

Gianna Sobol posts: “From the mouth of Alan Ball himself:  ‘We’re really going to find out what the vampire Authority is all about.'”

Like I said, nothing much but it is Christmas and it’s better than coal in your stocking. 😉

1. Carrie

December 20, 2011 at 4:55 pm

When I heard Christopher Meloni was joining the cast of True Blood I suspected that he would be a part of the Vampire Authority.

• esw45

December 20, 2011 at 5:49 pm

I have a feeling that his character runs the authority and is behind the authority trying to kill Eric and Bill.

2. WTFthatsmyname

December 20, 2011 at 6:28 pm

In other words” Season 5 will have practically no resemblance to Book 5

• esw45

December 20, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Well, I believe they will have the were wars…..and alcide will become packmaster, probably hookup with sookie, which will end badly….then there will be the vampire politics with Eric,Bill,Nora and Russell edgington….so to answer your question….no some of book 5 will be incorporated but in bits and pieces…..but its my guess

• Cha

December 20, 2011 at 10:01 pm

Mmmm not so sure Esw, I don’t see the Sookie Alcide hookup happening. I just don’t see her being that loose. Lmao “loose” I sound like my grandma. Anyway I truly think she’s gonna have so much going on with Tara and Debbie and Bill and Eric etc.. I could be very wrong ( I hope not because I truly hate being wrong) but look how long and what it took for her to surrender to Eric. Yeah I do think the Wares are about to get it on and popping though you’ve got that one exactly right.

• KittyKitty

December 28, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Cha, I have to agree with you when you say that I don’t think Sookie is that ‘loose’ I don’t think that she will be hooking up with Alcide. Even though the series doesn’t always go along with the books I love both I think that the twists in the series keep your mind hoping for the next episode . . .

• esw45

December 29, 2011 at 12:31 am

Hi Kitty, let’s all hope that sookie and alcide hooking up doesn’t happen…..hopefully the writers will listen to most of the fandom who doesn’t like the idea or prospect of this hook up occuring.

• lindsey

December 21, 2011 at 2:42 am

This is okay with me.

• Gracie

December 21, 2011 at 5:50 am

I really don’t think alcide’s character fits well with sookie and I think she’s going to realize that he’s not the one for her and alcide will feel rejected and blackmail her with debbie’s death or her being half fairy because I don’t trust alcide’s good guy routine! I think sookie’s going to focus on herself little bit more instead of the men in her life which is good!

• esw45

December 21, 2011 at 7:39 am

I hope you are all correct because sookie needs to be by herself for awhile and not get involved with someone to me who is a friend….but this is TB and I think they are going to have her get involved with him unfortunately and your right Cha it is against her nature…..but I still feel something between them will happen and I don’t like her with alcide myself….because I think there is some dark places in him that we will see this season.

• Mike

December 22, 2011 at 9:20 am

I was disappointed in season 4 s lack of relevance to book four

December 22, 2011 at 9:33 am

Ok, but let’s stay on topic. We can discuss relevancy in the forum here: http://true-blood.net/forum/index.php .

3. Jules

December 21, 2011 at 9:03 am

I’m not a fan of Alcide either. I’m w/ you Esw & Cha in hoping that him and Sook just remain friends…really that makes the most sense to me. Jumping from vampire politics to were politics.,.I know Sookie tends to get sucked in, but having hindsight, I think she may put the brakes on this relationship. Back to topic,I’m really happy to know that we will be examining the AVL to see what agendas/ or hidden agendas they have..looking forward to the intensity these characters bring.

• esw45

December 21, 2011 at 9:31 am

I think Chris Meloni character is the bad this season and is behind Eric and Bill being targeted for the true death……something tells me he also is behind Russell getting out of the concrete…….the AVL will be very interesting to see what unfolds.

• Cha

December 21, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Sadly I fear he will be the main  antagonist/villain too. I know he will do it very well but I was hoping he’d be around for a few seasons. If he is I just don’t see him making it past S5 finale.  :-/
        I think they will make his exit a little more final than Poppop Russ’…

4. peeniebean

December 22, 2011 at 7:28 am

Not to mention the fact that Sookie can hear Alcide(telapathicaly)! Wasn’t that the whole issue from the beginning ,why she didn’t date,and hadn’t been in a relationship before? I believe her telepathy is the reason she got involved with vampires in the first place ,because they’re the only ones she can’t hear! Putting her with Alcide would completely negate the mythology that was created for Sookie.

December 22, 2011 at 9:34 am

Off topic again. Feel free to discuss who Sookie should be with here: http://true-blood.net/forum/index.php

5. esw45

December 22, 2011 at 9:38 am

Yes, that is true…. And I dont think she should be with alcide either but i think that they will have her swear off vampires and that will open up the door for alcide…..she really should be by herself instead of getting into another relationship…..but its TB and they will never let her be alone.

• esw45

December 22, 2011 at 9:41 am

Hey Liz, I apologize for getting off the topic as well.

6. Dawn

December 28, 2011 at 8:58 pm

When does season 5 start?

7. lulu

December 30, 2011 at 8:54 am

I dont care if they mash up the books for season 5 i just want TB to come back its been like losing a best friend, its just the best show ever.x