True Blood Radio 161: Wrapping Up 2011

Our final podcast of the year presents a new format we think you’ll love, plus our 10 most memorable True Blood/Sookie moments from 2011. See you in 2012!

Things We Mentioned

True Blood DVD/Blu-ray special features
Our podcast survey
Liz at SXSW
Interviewing Charlaine Harris (again!)
Mel on WPIX

1. Helen

December 21, 2011 at 1:56 pm

Loved the podcast, ladies. My most memorable moment has to be the Bitten 2 Con this summer…….especially my cuddle with Joe Manganiello! 🙂

Any chance of hearing an interview with Grant Bowler on one of your podcasts in the new year? He’s so fab!

Helen 🙂

December 23, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Ah yes, the cuddle that made women across the planet want to be you. 😉

Not sure about getting Grant Bowler for an exclusive since he is no longer on the show. We did try though.

2. Cha

December 21, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I like the new format it’s good! For some reason it flows better too. I hope you ladies enjoy the holidays with your family and I wish you a happy healthy new year.

December 23, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Thanks Cha! And Happy Holidays to you and yours as well.

3. Bethany

December 22, 2011 at 4:58 am

I loved your list, and the fact that you didn’t even pretend to rank them best to worst. LOL As always you gals did a magnificent job. I hope that you both have a fabulous Christmas and a wonderful new year. Keep up the great work!

December 23, 2011 at 12:05 pm

Thanks Bethany!

4. Lidia

December 22, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Hi Ladies,

You mentioned The Vampire Diaries in your Vodcast, do you also run a fansite for that show? I’ve only recently discovered it!

December 23, 2011 at 12:09 pm

We don’t have a “Vampire Diaries” fansite, mainly because by the time the show debuted there was already a very large site devoted to the it. Fans of the books jumped on that as fast as we jumped on the True Blood news.

If you’re looking for a good TVD site, try this one: http://www.vampire-diaries.net/ They are pretty good.

December 23, 2011 at 12:37 pm

As Liz said, we don’t have a site dedicated to TVD, but we do cover it at NiceGirlsTV.com. You can see our interview with the adorable Joseph Morgan (aka Klaus) here: http://nicegirlstv.com/2011/09/15/vampire-diaries-joseph-morgan-talks-klaus-season-3-video/

5. Sookieeleana

December 23, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I don’t think Sookie “divorced” Eric in book 11. She broke the blood bond so she could know her true feelings. I always thought they were 2 different things??? The bond was formed through the blood exchanges and the marriage is from the scene at Fangtasia with the dagger. I’m pretty sure they are still married in the vampire sense.

Merry Christmas Liz and Mel.
    Look forward to True Blood Radio next year.

• esw45

December 24, 2011 at 12:33 am

I still feel like they are married…..in their hearts which is all that really matters.

• Sookieeleana

December 24, 2011 at 4:18 am

They ARE still married going into DL. I double checked last night and Eric even says after the blood bond is broken that their marriage offers her some protection but she is vulnerable without the bond. Whether the queen will respect their marriage remains to be seen but I’m pretty sure Book Sookie could kick her ass out of town.
        Have a great Christmas esw45 – I look forward to talking Sookie with you again next year.

December 24, 2011 at 8:54 am

It’s divorce the way we meant it, Sookieeleana. You have to learn to think like us. LOL! A very Merry Christmas to you and yours as well!

• esw45

December 24, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Thank you Sookieleana and Liz for your comments and responses on our favorite show! I hope you yours have a wounderful Chrismas and a Happy New Year!