POLL: Who Do You See as the New ‘Claude’ in Season 5?

It’s armchair casting time, Truebies! The new casting call that came out this week lists another ‘Claude’.  “This one is in his early 20s, very attractive (with and without a shirt), omni-sexual, mysterious,  speaks with a British accent, and catches Jessica’s attention and curiosity.” So what do you say to a little poll?

[polldaddy poll=5815872]

1. Nic0lien

January 5, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I think Jamie Dornan is perfect for playing “Claude”. He’s uber sexy and a perfect match for Jessica.

2. Ally

January 5, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Sean O’Pry if he can act. He totally looks the part, especially if he’s still supposed to be Claudine’s sister who is also a brunette (which I didnt expect).

3. StaceyJ

January 5, 2012 at 6:32 pm

OMG! Henry Cavill is just too sexy to pass up..
    The man is hot.. But, would he fit on True Blood..
    What about Jonthan Rhys Myers? Or maybe Rufus Sewell.. He’s hot..
    Or somebody like Kit Harrington or somebody sexy like that..
    We shall see.

January 5, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Jonathan Rhys Meyers is too old and so is Rufus Sewell. The description calls for “early 20s’, remember. Kit Harrington might be very nice. 😉

• dmso

January 8, 2012 at 6:53 am

I think Kit Harrington has a gig already. Some show called “Game of Thrones.” 😉

4. steph at fangs wands and fairy dust

January 5, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Henry Cavil would do, but Rupert Friend is a good actor (Albert, in Young Victoria, Ludovic in Mrs.Palfrey at the Claremont http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1670029/)

5. Amy

January 5, 2012 at 9:21 pm

I don’t know if he can speak with a British accent or not, but I think Ryan Sypek is perfect for the role as Claude.

6. Bethany

January 5, 2012 at 9:57 pm

I have spent so much time reading the past year or so that I kind of have fallen out of touch with the famous hotties out there. That being said, I would think since TB is so fond of hiring people from other countries that they will find a great match somewhere in England or there abouts. It sounds like just maybe they will be bringing the true Claude character to life this season???? At least we can hope that they will take another character and make him Claude like. That “Hot A**H***” discription always gets me.

7. Norma

January 5, 2012 at 11:30 pm

I think that James Marsters would be awesome for the role. Just as long as he dyes his hair black and wears it long. The book describes him as having long, black hair…and being absolutely beautiful.

• Isis Nocturne

January 11, 2012 at 10:24 am

I’d love that, but somehow I don’t think James would. He’s too busy now with recording an audiobook, working with his band and prepping for playing Frost in Frost/Nixon at UCLA in April.

Plus, he’s pretty anti- long hair and is currently 49. I adore the man, but I don’t think he can pull off looking like he’s in his 20’s any more. 😉

8. RM

January 6, 2012 at 6:00 am

Alex Pettyfer or Henry Cavill!!
    Alex is just gorgeous, and even though hes a) blond and b) not British I think he could pull it off very well! And Henry is porbably more suitable for the role, over all, but I don’t think he could portray Claude’s arogance better than Alex!

• Selkie

January 9, 2012 at 4:15 am

Alex Pettyfer is British by the way

9. toni

January 6, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Why cant we have Neil Hopkins stay in the role? He can pull it off and play the part of a Claude you dont always like but is always hot. Actors who have movie careers like Cavill wont give up that for TB.

10. lindsey

January 6, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I’m stuck between Alex and Ben :/

11. adelina

January 6, 2012 at 3:51 pm

I think Michael Pitt cleaned up nice would be a great Claude! Major crush on him

12. Dee

January 6, 2012 at 6:29 pm

HA!! I’ll have to look at pictures of the actors listed above because their names don’t ring a bell.

I laugh because I went to the “Thunder from Down Under” in Las Vegas a couple of years ago and I SWEAR Claude was there. One of the guys was EXACTLY as I pictured Claude.

heehee

13. Annushka

January 8, 2012 at 6:47 pm

What about Shiloh Fernandez? I think he would be perfect, cause there’s also something feminine about him… I just love his face!

14. Lydia

January 8, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Eddie Cibrian – he’s not British, but I am sure he can fake it.

15. christina Thompson

January 9, 2012 at 7:23 am

When I read the novel’s by C.H. — the cousin elf Claude always was Seth Gabel in my imagination. He coins the spoiled privileged aristocrat youth. Always.

16. @AnthonyBuck

January 10, 2012 at 12:26 pm

if HBO is Recasting Claude Go Wit BEN, The Guy Looks The Part.

17. leona

January 10, 2012 at 8:40 pm

i’m throwing out some names here:

Rupert Friend (British)
    Sam Heughan (British)
    Tom Payne (British)
    Joey Kern
    Noah Segan

18. tabitha

January 11, 2012 at 5:46 am

have they announced who is to play Quinn yet?

January 11, 2012 at 10:04 am

Tabitha, if you don’t see it posted on our site, it hasn’t been announced yet. We are waiting to hear about it and as always, will get it posted the second we hear it! 😉 We’re excited to find out too!

• esw45

January 11, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Hi Liz, I think if Quinn was going to be cast in this season we would have heard about it now…..I still believe that Alcide is TB Quinn’s version for this season.

January 11, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Not necessarily. Casting calls have been known to go up well into March of last year, which was for episode 4.08.

19. Isis Nocturne

January 11, 2012 at 10:21 am

Andrew Bowen (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0100793/) is PERFECT for the role of Claude! Plus, he and his wife are HUGE True Blood fans already, and have so much respect for the show and everyone involved.

20. bernisoad

January 11, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Aaron Johnson? I really like him 🙂

21. Helen

January 13, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I think Alex Hassell would be good as Claude. He’s still quite unknown over here in the UK but Torchwood fans would remember him from the season 1 episode called”Combat”. He played estate agent, Mark Lynch. http://unitedagents.co.uk/alex-hassell

22. eloise taylor

January 14, 2012 at 6:10 pm

I thank Alex Pettifer will make great addition to the sho

23. Brittany