SPOILERS: Is There Still Hope For Eric & Sookie?

TV Guide has some True Blood season 5 scoop for us on one of the most asked about relationships on the show:

Is there still hope for Sookie and Eric on True Blood— Alexis
NATALIE:
 Considering that Sookie swore off both Bill and Eric in the season finale, it’ll be a while before we see any movement on that front. “The feelings are still there for both Eric and Bill,”Alexander Skarsgard tells us. “The attraction is still there, but they’re preoccupied, and so is she.” Instead, look for Bill and Eric to team up while the vampire world begins to both expand and collapse in the coming season. “The guys have usually tried to kill each other and now suddenly have to learn to become friends and protect each other and work together.”

1. Carrie

January 17, 2012 at 11:00 pm

I’m okay with this. I like that Sookie is sticking to her guns, and more importantly, the bromantic moments of season 4 were some of the best.

2. Tricia '@v@'

January 18, 2012 at 12:00 am

Hmmm…. I really don’t think Eric got a fair shake in the Sookie romance department! After 3 seasons of S/B, I was expecting a little bit more for them. At least some time should have been spent on S/real E in the coming season, if not S4.

I’m sorry (no, I’m not)… but I’m just a bit tired of the Sookie/Bill Show. It’s really gettin’ on my nerves… my last nerves! LOL I will be happy if we get lots of Eric face time, and not so much of King Bill playing the “I’m the boss” card. I just don’t see Bill being equal to Eric in any way.

And, yes, I could say this to the faces of all concerned… in fact, even more. I’m a very opinionated woman! LOL And have a lot more thoughts on this subject! ‘@v@’

• L.

January 18, 2012 at 2:38 am

so agree to your comment, and I am not a big fans of the bromance, they never were friends and I like their mocking ways… I think eric sookie fans got treated unfairly, and they are actually the main couple in the books, at least I got the impression when I read them…

January 18, 2012 at 9:11 am

If you recall, in the books after Sookie and Eric spent time together in book 4, they were apart for a couple of books before fully entering into a relationship. The specifics are different with the show (Eric has all of his memories, for example), but it looks like they’re giving them a bit of a breather after season 4. I’m down with that. Sookie needs some time on her own to sort out her feelings.

• L.

January 18, 2012 at 10:08 am

well, this is true, but even when she was with quinn Eric was always around her, on TB they won’t be able to show this…and you are talking about this, but then what is with bill, in the books there was no love confession from sookie towards him after their break up…
        and lots of people think that they treat this couple unfairly, they really made too much of a big deal of bill and sookie..

January 18, 2012 at 10:22 am

I’m saying that True Blood is giving Sookie and Eric a break, like they had in the books. No idea what the TB plan is for Bill. *shrug*

• Shelli

January 19, 2012 at 1:05 am

You got a point,Mel. I looks at you guys comments all the time. I think Alan Ball & tb writers are following books,but they’re going to make Sookie’s the one need to clear her head. In books,it’s Eric need to figure things out after the aftermath of book 4 (because his memories got wiped out & he can’t remember the event he had w/ Sookie). I think they’re going to focus on Sookie instead Eric. Come to think of it,Eric have a familar background to Sookie’s lifestyle than the books & he’s bit more like Jason’s character on the show,but he luv Sookie so much & she didn’t known much about than Bill but little detail about Eric & Sookie need him more…..I don’t mind bromance between Eric & Bill,I think it’s kinda cool like they hate each others but they becomes buddies at the end like Stewie & Brian from Family Guy. Some fans says Nora’s might be Eric’s love interest(because she’s his vamp sister) but I think they’ll should be wrong & I think she’s Bill’s. Well it does might makes sense. Remember Eric says “He doesn’t love you” to Sookie? I think Eric & Bill used to be friends long time ago but Eric walks in on Bill & Nora having sex. I think Bill runs for king to want Nora to like him,but she rejects him(because she’s madly in luv w/ Eric,Eww but he didn’t luv her) but Bill still luv Nora.

• amyrat151

January 21, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I think the love confession was in line with the show even if it wasn’t in line with the books. Sookie was ready to marry him in the show, after all and Bill has done a lot to keep Sookie alive, concealed from other vampires, and even happy in the last season even though he wasn’t a part of her happiness. So I think it would feel unnatural for the show for the writers to just drop Sookie and Bill.

• trixie

January 22, 2012 at 2:17 am

IDK, my problem is that I just can’t buy Sookie’r reactions. She’s only just found out a LOT of stuff about Bill, got her heart and trust shattered in a huge way, and she’s able to go through all the stages of grief and to genuinely forgive him in less than a week??
            There’s two explanations for that: either she’s actually a saint, which makes emotionally distant and difficult to relate to for us mere mortals, or she’s still under shock and hasn’t fully comprehended what happened to her.
            Either way, it’s not the kind of character development I’d have wanted for poor Sookie, and I feel she’s just not a priority for the writers, more like an afterthought in fact….

• Luz

January 19, 2012 at 9:29 am

I agree, we had 3 season of S/B, the only one I enjoyed was the first one, then Bill start acting like Sookie’s dad, so annoying!

In S4 Bill was a better character, you know why? because he was far from Sookie. The problem was (or is) that S/E were together for like 3 episodes, then suddenly she was in love with the two of them. WTF! I’m not saying that have to show Sookie and Eric like a happy couple, because this is a TV show, but they should have spend more time together, to get to know each other as a couple, to work their relation ship, that would me more real.

I don’t like Bill as the boss neither (I hate the fact that now he’s superior to Eric), but I prefer this Bill instead of the old one.

PS: sorry for my english, I’m from Argentina 🙂

3. Sookieeleana

January 18, 2012 at 2:23 am

If I comment on this I might get banned. So I’m going to be a good girl and keep my thoughts to myself (for a change).

• trixie

January 18, 2012 at 2:54 am

LOL I feel you! I was about to go on a rant but then I took a deeeep breath and stopped myself.
      I have come to accept that this is what we’re always going to get on this show, and that’s it. Let’s just say I’m not enthusiastic about this so called “bromance” for a number of reason. And at this point I really don’t care about Sookie or her relationships, which makes me sad.

• esw45

January 18, 2012 at 8:12 am

It is sad, Trixie, that the writers or AB had to go down this path of incoherent storyline. I think most of us guessed that they would put sookie with Alcide this season when they made her single….when really sookie should be by herself to see what she wants…..but on TB sookie has to get naked and have sex with someone at leaste once a season based on the way she is written on this show. Personally that disappoints me about their vision of her as the lead character….on the bromance, it looked like they were going to be heading down this path once they both killed Nan,,,,,Nan informed them that the authority are trying to kill them…..as long as they get back to eric not liking bill and vice-versa then I can tolerate it somewhat plus I think it will be interesting to see the vampire politics at work.
        The triangle will be back because AS just stated that sookie feelings for Eric and Bill are still there so by the end of this season….I will go out on a limb and predict that she will “finally” choose one of these vampires (I prefer Eric myself) to be with. Crazy to go thru all this stuff and in the end still comes back to Sookie/eric/bill….

4. Liz

January 18, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Seems to me that some people are getting all in a twist without seeing one single peek of the coming season, and forgetting that this is (very likely) not going to be the final season of the show. Take a breath, go have a glass of wine and relax!

• Gracie

January 18, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I love sookie bill and Eric but I like the fact that sookie is choosing to be by herself she needs it even though I love the three of them!

• Betty

January 19, 2012 at 12:10 am

Well yeah, but we just love True Blood so much! I could list a dozen or more reasons why Sookie and Eric should be together but I realize there are many Sookie/Bill fans too. Bill truly loves Sookie, but so does Eric. Sorry but I don’t want to see Sookie and Alcide together. Didn’t like the idea in the books either. I love Eric so much, even if he can be a B****** sometimes. If he and Sookie can overcome his lack of knowing how to properly court her, I think they could be great together. He was so funny in Season 4 with his “You are Mine”. He should know by now that he can’t win Sookie that way. Then he tried to woo her with gifts. It will be interesting to see how their relationship goes in Season 5 and if Quinn will make an appearance in the future.

5. Rina

January 19, 2012 at 12:57 am

Let’s not jump the gun and condemn S5 before we even saw it. (See, this is why people shouldn’t read spoilers.) Sookie is by herself in Book 5 and will be in S5 on TB. We may see flashbacks, memories, dreams, but I don’t think anyone will actually be getting into Sookie’s pants. I truly believe that AB respects the character at least that much. She may help Alcide as she does in the books, but that’s all. Bill and Eric work together after Book 4 to protect Sookie, themselves, and the vamps of Loisiana despite hating each other, so it should hardly be a surprise to hear about Bill and Eric teaming up in S5. (Besides, SM and AS have amazing onscreen chemistry and are so much fun to watch together, so that should be enjoyable.) I’m looking forward to almost all the stories in S5.

January 19, 2012 at 9:19 am

Well said, Rina! That’s exactly what I’ve been expecting as we head into season 5.

January 19, 2012 at 11:06 am

Thank you Rina!! You explained things perfectly!

• esw45

January 19, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I hope what Rina, Mel and Liz says happens but i doubt it! History of TB so far counts against it……be we can hope!

• Emily2115

January 25, 2012 at 3:50 pm

stop with all the negativity! This season will be just as great as the rest, if not, better.

6. Shelli

January 19, 2012 at 1:23 am

I meant Sookie need to known more about Eric,not judging him. I think Pam will help her on that part. Sookie can’t read vampires’ minds. Probably AB & writers do something similar to a blood bond from book 8 w/ Sookie character to Eric’s,maybe she can reverse vampirism w/ her faery power. She did same things when she broke Marnie’s spell on him. I really hope that would happen.

• amyrat151

January 21, 2012 at 9:42 pm

If such a thing is possible, reverse of vampirism, I hope it happens to Bill. I think being human again would make Bill endlessly happy and I would like him to be happy. Note: I’m not saying that I think he should be with Sookie though.

• Gracie

January 22, 2012 at 5:37 am

I thi no making bill human would bring sookie and bill back together cause in the end I think thats what sookie ultimately wants with bill and a child!

• trixie

January 22, 2012 at 7:37 am

LOL it’s so funny how everyone forgets that Sookie CANNOT date humans! That’s why she was so ready to date Bill in the first place. So making him human would make it harder for them to be together, not easier!
          I know the show is not very consistent with its mithology but this is the basic premise of the whole story…

• esw45

January 22, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I feel that Sookie Will come to that realization by the end of s5…..vampires and Eric and Bill in particular fit much better with her romantically, than weres, shifters and humans do. The love triangle is not yet put to rest….but I think it will start to come into focus for Sookie who she really wants.

7. Bethany

January 19, 2012 at 2:40 pm

IMHO (as that is all I can give) I think that most of the sex scenes this season will be dream sequences, some of Sookie’s and some of Eric’s, and some of Bill’s, and possibly some of Alcide’s. I do think by the end of the season they will be ramping up for the crossover to season 6, and that could bring Sookie together with someone (but honestly knowing TB and the way they tweek things I have no idea who yet.) I don’t think we can count anyone out completely this season, however I don’t think there will be a whole lot of direct relationship action going on either.

If the speculation (from other threads) that Pam turns Tara is true, then Sookie would have a chance to get to know Eric better through Pam. Something tells me that if that happens, Tara will move into the cubby Eric had built, and become Sookie’s Witch roomy in place of Amelia. Something tells me that Tara may keep her powers (of sorts) so that she can cover all roles and still be Sookie’s besty.

To sum up, I am not counting anyone out, and think that this season will be wonderful however it is played out. I am shocked that I see so many people gearing up for it to suck. Last season all anyone could talk about was weather the shower scene would be played out on screen. (Personally I was rather let down there) This season everyone is upset that Sookie is supposed to be alone, and it looks like (at least for the most part) she will be. Huh, I love the books, and I love the show. I still can’t wait to see how the writers put everything together, as they so masterfully do.

• trixie

January 19, 2012 at 2:58 pm

I don’t think people are upset that Sookie might be alone for a while, it’s just that they’re still disappointed about last season and don’t like the way things are going in general.
      Personally I felt VERY let down by season 4 as a whole in terms of writing, so I’m wary about the next. I still have some hope it’ll get at least a bit better but I’m not too optimistic…

8. Shelli

January 20, 2012 at 12:51 am

I think “Being on her on own” will last about eight or six eps. I remembered the Eric’s amnesia storyline about eight eps last season(as same as boring kidnapping Bill storyline in s3). There’s must a reason why Eric brought her & he knew she’s survive from escaping Faerieland. Probably they shown it in a flashback in Alexander Woo ep how he brought the house.

9. Helen

January 26, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Don’t forget: Eric and Bill also have Russell to deal with… 🙂 They will be too preoccupied with that than Sookie.