Meet the New Claude!

Giles Matthey to guest star on True Blood season 5 as ClaudeEW has the scoop on who landed the role of Claude in True Blood season 5, and confirms that he is, in fact, THAT Claude. As in Claudine’s brother.

Hot newcomer Giles Matthey landed the role of the faery who may or may not be a new love interest for Jessica. Matthey had a guest role on The Good Wife last October, in an episode that co-starred True Blood alum Anna Camp. Other than that, he’s something of an unknown.

Note: Yes, in the books Claude is gay. But the character description says that he “catches Jessica’s eye”. That doesn’t mean she catches his eye, if you know what I mean.

1. Abel

January 23, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Not what I expected, at all. We’ll have to see him in action, and maybe he will surprise us.

• Abel

January 23, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I just watched a video of Giles Matthey on YouTube and I actually like him as Claude! Pictures and video are two completely different things.

2. Liz

January 23, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Nice choice! The casting team never lets us down on this show.

3. Bloo

January 23, 2012 at 2:53 pm

not how i imagined him looking at all.
    i was expecting a tall, muscular, drop dead gorgeous guy!
    🙁

4. HelenaHandbasket

January 23, 2012 at 3:11 pm

The Fae are irrisistible to vampires….
    Curious how Claude who is (supposedly) 100% Fairy could be a love interest for Jessica who at just over a year old is still a baby vamp?
    The Fae escaped to another plain b/c the vampires almost wiped them out of existence – Bill attacked Claudine, and Eric drained her. Even KRE @ 3000 years old thought the fae were a myth.
    I’m not sure how it’s possible that Jessica, who has the urge to “Kill shit” and “eat people” could be a love interest for a full blooded fairy. Unless maybe Claude can mask his scent (Like Niall in the books), or the TB team aren’t following their already established mythology.

admins; I hope I didn’t accidentally post this twice.

• Bethany

January 24, 2012 at 2:40 am

Don’t forget that a year goes by between seasons 3 and 4. She has grown up a LOT in that time. Also, I am guessing that he will be able to mask his scent, or they will have Jessica be the “Eric” character replacement and have her pining for him but held back from her desires by her “Daddy” Bill. I keep wondering how they are going to work out the Fairy Sandwich now that they killed off Claudine. When I read that part of the books, I started looking forward to the TB take on the situation. Hmmmm

• anns

January 25, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Agreed! he,s supposed to be a stripper and have muscles

5. rachelw

January 23, 2012 at 7:13 pm

I am of ‘wait and see’.. but I concur not what I expected at all…

6. denise

January 23, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Love interest for Jessica? Clauses gay

• And

January 23, 2012 at 7:20 pm

OMG I totally forgot about that! Yeah, He’s suppose to be gay as well… I hope they don’t ruin him, totally!!!

7. And

January 23, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Not the tall, beefy, model i was expecting. But then again, I didn’t expect Claudine to get devoured, either.. so we’ll see…

8. Matteo

January 23, 2012 at 7:41 pm

maybe it’s his fairy blood that “catches her eye”

9. Carol

January 23, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Alan,
    Love True Blood. Cannot get enough. Please keep story closer to the books. Such good story lines are being taken out. Please.

10. Libby

January 24, 2012 at 1:55 am

I think he’s a great choice the Claude in the books he is just too good looking there is no way you could get a perfect match in real life . As for the catching Jessica’s eye, in the books Claude is gay but he does admit to sookie that he has been with girls too when he see’s her naked in her bathroom and she says she wouldn’t have let him move in had she known that, so maybe they are going to make him bi? or she just wants a piece of that faerie blood

11. Bethany

January 24, 2012 at 2:43 am

I think this is a wonderful choice. And I love that (possibly) the role he played on The Good Wife got him this gig as well. Although Claude is “Gay” for the most part, he does dabble in any and everything else. Remember that he thinks Sookie is a prude just because she is not interested in a physical relationship with him. Oh, I love that the closer we get to the show, the more tidbits like this that we get to toy around with. I can hardly wait!!!!

12. Angela

January 24, 2012 at 5:58 pm

Well, the casting has been spot on so far, so I guess he will be great in his role.

13. Rina

January 25, 2012 at 12:13 am

Seriously, I don’t know why everybody is hating on Joe M. He plays Alcide beautifully. That’s exactly what Alcide is like in the books. I mean it’s not a very complex or flamboyant character in the books. He’s a down to earth working blue color stiff. Personally, I think Joe added great depth to him.

January 25, 2012 at 11:28 am

I edited that person’s comment, Rina. Apparently they missed the part in our comment rules about personal attacks against the cast and crew.