Watch the First True Blood Season 5 Promo!

HBO aired the first True Blood season 5 promo tonight, and it’s a doozy! We don’t get any scenes from the new season. We don’t even see a character from the show. But those geniuses in the publicity department still made me alternately shiver and cheer. Well done!

What do you think “won’t stay buried forever”? Obviously Russell Edgington, but maybe Debbie Pelt? Bill & Eric taking out Nan?

1. LeAnne

January 29, 2012 at 7:58 pm

awsome!! thank you sooo much ladies (for keeping us all up to date) :)

2. angel

January 29, 2012 at 7:59 pm

jsut fabulous for the eyes

3. Alexa

January 29, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Hahah Love it! He’s BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I already knew that but, still a cool promo!

4. Bethany

January 30, 2012 at 12:06 am

Love the promo, but was hoping for a season premier date. :( Still Love it Love it Love it. Thanks. I tried to tune in for the live one, but I missed it by like 30 seconds. :(( But I knew that if I dropped by here, I would be able to find it. One of the reasons I just love this site. You gals are always so on the ball it is amazing. Thanks again!

5. Harriett DEEN Padget

January 30, 2012 at 12:42 am

This is my first visit to this site. I got more Info in 5 secounds than other sites give ya all day! Seaseon 5 trailer was as usual, cryptic. But from a wild guess I’d say there goes the concrete, Hello Russell!! But who knows! This site is Awesome , I shall be back!! thx so much to all who worked so hard to make it great!! And thx to all the stars of the show. You are all totally talented people! DEEN!

January 30, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Welcome Harriett! We’re so glad we were able to provide you with all the information you were looking for. It’s our goal to keep Truebies informed. ;-)

6. Sookieeleana

January 30, 2012 at 2:18 am

It was a very clever teaser – could be lots of things, Russell, Debbie, Nan, Terry’s past and a whole lot of other secrets that people have been keeping.

It feels so good that the slow build up has finally kicked off!

7. Jacqueline

January 30, 2012 at 11:18 am

Well obviously Russell, but everything is usually literal as well as metaphorical on True Blood ya know. like someone said doesn’t necessarily have to be another body. Seems people’s pasts don’t always stay buried in the past on this show. We got that mysterious and slightly creepy old friend of Terry’s played by Scott Foley. Wonder what he’s all about huh? Pretty sure Debbie is dead. Rutina Wesley also said that she signed on for season five, and there was a spoiler that Tara will be back just not in her usual form. Which means Tara might not be exactly “buried”. Will she be a ghost? A vampire? A zombie? I am more curious exactly how tara shall return, and what form than anything after that season four finale. Hmmm…This is definitely the worst teaser trailer ever. And by that I mean fantastic! It has me curious and it’s definitely not close enough for the season premiere for me. Why do this to me HBO?

January 30, 2012 at 12:04 pm

“Why do this to me HBO?”

And they’re just getting started, Jacqueline! HBO has so much fun with Truebies.

8. Dee

January 30, 2012 at 1:09 pm

OUTSTANDING!!

This time of year is so fun!!! Not quite as much fun as when the show is airing, but still fun!!

9. terrijenks

January 30, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Well it definitely means Russel is back.

10. Steve