SPOILERS: Casting Calls for Episodes 5.05 and 5.06

Thanks to SpoilerTV we’ve got more casting calls and episode titles for season 5 of True Blood. The first set is from episode 5.05, titled Boot N’ Rally Ally.

First up, they’ll be looking to cast Jimmy, who is described as very skinny, babbling in terror and found in a padded cell. (A witness at an uprising perhaps?) This is a recurring role.

Then we have Kate who is in her late 20s – early 30s, also skinny and is unconscious in the same cell with Jimmy. She is also listed as a recurring character.

Kathy is a pretty brunette fangbanger in her 20s, who is very friendly and has about 4 lines in 2 scenes.

Little Emma gets a babysitter as Luna dates Sam. Beverly is a plump, good-natured friend of the family who steps into this role.

Finally, a burly vampire walk into the bar and asks for Tru Blood. No that’s not the start of a joke, but it sure sounded like one, didn’t it?

This episode is written by Angela Robinson and directed by Michael Lehmann.

Episode 5.06 is still untitled but will introduce Vivian, described as Caucasian, in her early 20s to late 20s. She is radiantly beautiful and British. This too is a recurring role. It’s wriiten by Alan Ball and directed by Dan Attias.

So Truebies, what do you think?

1. Abel

January 30, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I think Vivian is a fairy, and I’m curious to see what they do with this Jimmy and Kate characters.

2. Alexa

January 30, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I had a question… Do you guys know what the ratings high is, and what episode? Also, how soon before the season 4 did they announce a premier date? I cant remeber, but I know someone here will! lol

January 31, 2012 at 11:13 am

The season 4 premiere earned the show’s highest ratings to date, totaling 6.4 million viewers for both the 9 p.m. and 11 p.m. airings. The exact date has not been announced by HBO yet, but it will be sometime in June.

3. Bethany

January 30, 2012 at 9:32 pm

I realize that all Supes can be British, but I have to agree with Abel, I think Vivian is going to fall under the Fae catagory. They really love to use Brits to play these roles. I think it is because of the whole fairy fable thing over there, but I could be wrong. Thanks for the update gals. Love speculating.

Oh, and I think the two in the padded cell might be FOTS members that saw Rev Newlin turn??? That is if he really was a vamp at the end last season. (Oh Spoiler alert if you didn’t see that part, but then this is a spoiler thread, so I didn’t think it would matter.)

• Trace

February 11, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Well, the reason they use the British accents for the Fae, is because the Fae all have Irish names. No doubt it has to do with the Druid thing, Irish religious heritage, etc. But in the books, Sookie’s Fae family members explain that they all have Irish names, and I guess thats why they all have british accents. (In the books, oddly enough, they dont say they speak in a british accent, but you NEVER see them written with a southern accent.) Personally, even tho they are using Claude and Claudine from the books, i’m a bit disappointed they haven’t introduced Naill (Sookie’s Great Grandfather), or the whole family intrigue plot, with Dermout (Sookie’s fairy uncle, a look alike to Jason), and a few of the other evil fairies. People like Maab, Vivian, and Miranda dont appear in the books.

4. Aimie

January 30, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I hope Alan Ball definitely introduces Quinn this season he can’t base the season on Book 5 and not include Quinn. I’ve been hanging out for Quinn arriving since season 1 knowing it would be this season. I’m not sure I could handle it if he writes the character off entirely. 🙁

• trixie

January 31, 2012 at 1:59 am

Oh AB definitely can. He made a season 4 with Bill, he can have a season 5 without Quinn. Same level of divergence from the books.

• esw45

January 31, 2012 at 7:45 am

I would be shocked if AB introduces Quinn this season because he will be using Alcide instead of Quinn and Sookie already has too many suitors as it is and lastly Eric/Sookie/Bill is the triangle has been the main part of TB a.d that is not over with yet.

• Gracie

January 31, 2012 at 8:27 am

I agree Quinn would be a waste of time considering the bill, sookie, Eric love triangle.

5. Sookieeleana

January 31, 2012 at 4:10 pm

Jimmy sounds like a Renfield character – courtesy of Russell perhaps?

Angela Robinson? I spy a new writer. That will be interesting.

6. Poinciana

February 2, 2012 at 11:32 am

A burly vampire…Chris Meloni?

7. emax

February 2, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I hope they tie Terry’s PST to werewolves in the military…to tie in with the books story on weres “coming out”……