True Blood Brings Viewers to FX UK

True Blood season 4 premiered on FX UK yesterday, bringing viewers back to the network after a three-month slump in that Sunday night timeslot. Per The Guardian, 249,000 people tuned in to see what happened in Bon Temps while Sookie was gone for a year, which represents a 1200% increase over the previous three months. Yeah, that’s twelve hundred percent.

1. Anna

February 6, 2012 at 10:20 am

I was one of those people! Now I feel famous. Oh yeah and episode one was awesome!

2. Sookieeleana

February 6, 2012 at 11:12 am

And just think how many more viewers they would have had if they hadn’t had to wait 6 months to show it! Hopefully something will be sorted for season 5.

• Helen

February 6, 2012 at 11:20 am

They have to wait until channel 4 has their chance to air season 4 before they can show season 5.

• Sookieeleana

February 6, 2012 at 11:31 am

I know that is usually the case but I saw a post on the FX facebook page a few weeks ago which said Channel 4 aren’t showing TB anymore. I really hope this is true then they have no excuse for not showing it earlier. Fingers crossed!

3. Bethany

February 6, 2012 at 5:05 pm

I think the whole world should have a chance to watch TB as it airs. Maybe when we get world-wide numbers the show can stay on the air for ohhhh, say 13 seasons??? (same as number of books) Ok, wishful thinking, but I would go insane if I had to wait 6 extra months when I can see others are enjoying it. The 9 months (give or take) between seasons is hard enough for me.

February 7, 2012 at 2:33 pm

That may be coming in the future, we’re definitely getting closer, but so many legal and financial matters have to be settled before shows can air in various countries that it still takes a while to get everything sorted.

4. Sally

February 9, 2012 at 1:11 am

Hi. I missed episode 1 on Sunday 🙁 totally gutted. Does it repeat during the week? Does anybody know when? Thanks! X