True Blood Radio 165: Casting Episodes 5 & 6

We have two casting calls for True Blood season 5 to talk about this week, plus the winner of our Rogue’s Gallery Showdown, why we won’t be watching The Walking Dead, and more.

Things We Talked About:

You can subscribe to True Blood Radio on iTunes here or watch back episodes on Blip.tv. As always, if you’d like to comment or ask a question, you can drop us a line or leave a comment below.

1. toni

February 7, 2012 at 2:00 pm

You don’t think TB is gorey? wow, Eric pulling out a heart and sucking from a ventricle is pretty damn bloody to me.

February 7, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I do think TB is gory. It’s well documented that I can’t watch those scenes without wanting to throw up. Most of the time, I have my hands over my eyes.

2. Shikatsu

February 7, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I respect yall’s decision not to watch Walking Dead but… you guys really are missing out on a good show. While yes they go into some aspects most tv shows won’t touch one can very much say True Blood does the exact same thing. IMHO probably writing it off because Walking Dead doesn’t have the huge pretty people factor in it like True Blood. Just the same to each their own.

February 7, 2012 at 2:29 pm

If you watch last week’s podcast, you’ll hear us asking whether we should watch TWD because both of us have a hard time with the gore on TB. We had several longtime listeners (those who have seen us get grossed out during TB) comment and email to say that they didn’t recommend we watch TWD. My gore quota is more than filled with 12 eps of TB in a year.

3. Liz

February 7, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Toni we have said many times that True Blood IS gory and that we have a difficult time watching those scenes. I don’t know where you heard that we didn’t.

Shikatsu: um no, I don’t watch True Blood because of the “huge pretty people factor”, I watch it because I was first a huge fan of Charlaine Harris’ books, before the show aired. I’d never heard of “The Walking Dead” until Comic Con, and then my niece had to explain to me what the fuss was all about. I have never been a fan of zombies and I never will, I don’t care how well written the show is.

4. Helen

February 7, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Yayy, my 5 seconds of fame! ha ha You’re welcome over here anytime, ladies. 🙂

5. Vanessa

February 8, 2012 at 12:42 pm

I read somewhere that Alexander said it is supposed to be Vampire centered. But also Sookie is supposed to be busy as well. And also Quinn… Well it sounds like this season will be a super busy major thing going down!

• esw45

February 8, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Where did you hear about Quinn? I have not heard anything about Quinn being cast as of yet. I still don’t believe that he will be cast at all this season.

February 8, 2012 at 8:31 pm

If we didn’t post the casting news for Quinn yet, it hasn’t been announced. 😉