SPOILERS: Eric and Bill…And Sookie

E!Online caught up with Alexander Skarsgard at the Battleship press conference recently, and he spilled a drop of blood information for Truebies to sip.

Eileen in Brooklyn asks: Anything you can tease about True Blood, like who is Sookie going to choose, Bill or Eric?

How about…neither? “We call it season of the bromance,” sexy star Alexander Skarsgård told us at a presser for his new movie Battleship. “We just started [filming] and we’re on episode four of season five. I have a lot with Steve [Stephen Moyer] this year,” he said, quipping, “Eric is very intrigued by Bill now.” Honestly, we’re Team Eric no matter whom he hooks up with (especially if he’s nekkid)! TV’s Top Couple round two, y’all?

1. esw45

February 15, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I like Eric and Bill as protagonists with one another…..so I am not crazy about them being friendly but they have to rely on each other to survive this season…..I am sure they will still have issues. I still think sookie will come back to one of them by the last episode of season 5….so the triangle is not done yet.

• aubrey

February 15, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Protagonists are good guys, antagonists are bad guys

• esw45

February 15, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Your right, thank you……antagonists …..I like them as antagonists.

• aubrey

February 15, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Cool. I also like them as rivals.

2. Dee

February 15, 2012 at 6:05 pm

“Intrigued with” doesn’t necessarily mean “likes” him.

I really enjoyed the scenes with Bill and Eric last season and if next season moves in the same vein (har de har), I’m good with it!

Bill mainstreams and is very sucessful. With Eric having his “ah ha” moments last season, I speculate that Eric wants to examine Bill’s life and choices etc, but will Eric trust Bill? I don’t see that. LOL

February 17, 2012 at 11:38 am

That’s exactly how I interpreted the comment, Dee. Eric is intrigued by Bill and his (un)life, particularly, IMO, with regards to what appeals to Sookie.

3. Rina

February 15, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Alex is going to tease us until we bust. He is just that wicked.

• Gracie

February 15, 2012 at 8:01 pm

I liked Eric and Bill as enemies now I like them more as allies I think that kind of chemistry is great!

4. Elisha_Q

February 16, 2012 at 9:13 am

I hope there is more of the books this season, i don’t care if they are naked, just need more reason than last season. It could have been nice to put in that the witches wanted Eric’s business. So this season I guess it is time for Sookie to be with Quinn, but you never know what the writers have in mind, I only hope they don’t procrastinate the real action and bloody fights like they did in season 4.

• esw45

February 16, 2012 at 10:19 am

I think that there will be a change from the books where its Alcide instead of introducing Quinn this season.

• Elisha_Q

February 17, 2012 at 8:18 am

Could be, I have noticed that there was a conversation between Sookie and Alcide about how they could listen to their mind once and be together so there is no more drama in hteir lives. The funny thing is that there was the exact same conversation used in season 3, when Sookie and Alcide were saying goodbye on her porch.

• Anja

February 17, 2012 at 10:13 am

yup, and each time a snore if you ask me

• esw45

February 17, 2012 at 11:33 am

I totally agree with you….very boring coupling …..if it does happen …..hopefully doesn’t last too long.

• Elisha_Q

February 17, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I don’t see them as a couple too. In the books sure but in the show I don’t think so. If the writers were going to make them a couple they should have included the scene where they almost do it in season 3.

• esw45

February 17, 2012 at 3:29 pm

I don’t they will be a couple per se but maybe hooking up at least once……probably…..then the killing Debbie stuff will come out…..

• Gracie

February 17, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Sookie and alcide as a couple will be a total bore I bet she will try and date but when she tries to break up with him he will threaten to tell her secret about her fairy blood and her powers and use the blackmail about Debbie! I don’t trust that good guy routine for a minute he will want someone like Sookie to make himbe powerful to his wolfpack!

• esw45

February 17, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Yeah Gracie, I think there is some darkness in alcide that we will see as well……sookie will definitely see it too.

• Elisha_Q

February 18, 2012 at 3:31 am

The real boredom would come if Bill and Sookie get back together. But the writers seem to like him counting on how many times they have switched scenes where it should be Eric doing something sweet for Sookie. Sometimes it seems that the writers see Eric just as a sex toy. There is so much more about the viking, it’s a shame.

5. Clarisa

February 16, 2012 at 9:45 am

Seriously????? I just don’t get it, I really don’t. Why did this happen all of a sudden. I can’t believe they are being forced to be friends. It’s so unreal.

February 16, 2012 at 11:15 am

I didn’t read in that article that Bill and Eric are being forced to be friends, Clarisa. If you read that piece, Skarsgard said that Eric is “intrigued” by Bill. Since we haven’t seen these 3 or 4 episodes that he’s talking about yet, we don’t know what it is that intrigues him.

Did it occur to anyone that perhaps the boys have to work together against a common enemy? Since the Authority is heavily involved it could be that Bill and Eric need to work together to survive.

• Clarisa

February 16, 2012 at 1:06 pm

You have to admit that this “lets get along” is not their forte. What’s after this season, “hey you want to come over, I have some blood left overs” I mean, eric has never wanted to be bossed by anyone. He’s a leader not a follower.

February 16, 2012 at 2:09 pm

As I said in my comment to you, we do not know the reason for their collaboration. If it serves both of their purposes then yes, they most certainly will work together, and again I stress ‘work together’. Nowhere does it say “let’s get along”, nor does it say anywhere that Bill will ‘boss’ Eric or be a ‘follower’ of any kind.

• vikingrl

February 27, 2012 at 10:15 am

I agree Liz, as you say they have to get along against a common enemy. Not only do they have the Authority to deal with, Russell is also returning this season. I would imagine he would be more of a threat than the Authority, and more of a threat to Sookie as well.

February 17, 2012 at 11:24 am

Eric doesn’t want to be bossed around, no, but he respects the Authority and the vampire hierarchy. That’s been established since his very first appearance in season 1. Even if he doesn’t like the person in charge, he will respect their authority (to a point).

• trixie

February 17, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Actually it’s not really that clear who eric respects or doesn’t. He seemed to respect the traditional hierarchy i.e. monarchy and the Magister, but not Nan, and his views on the Authority are still undisclosed.

Thing is, the whole vampire political structure is really fuzzy and frankly a bit inconsistent, but from what we’ve seen I don’t get why Eric would have any genuine respect for a king who’s basically only gotten the position because he’s backed bythe Authority or at least the AVL (the relationship between the two is still unclear) and is supposed to act as a puppet for them.
            Eric clearly saw Nan as nothing but a bureaucrat and despised the AVL’s agenda. Add to that the fact that doesn’t have a particularly high opinion of BIll to begin with, and yeah… the way Eric suddenly seemed to actually respect Bill’s leadership qualities at the end of last season seems sort of forced.

February 19, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Actually Trixie, in the beginning Eric did respect Nan even if he didn’t like her. He did respect her power to sway the public’s view on vampires, and as a businessman he knew the importance of the image vampires needed to maintain if he wanted to keep a steady flow of customers at Fangtasia. Also, Eric is sheriff and as sheriff, he must respect authority, even Bill. It’s obvious that if he took the title of sheriff, he also knows and has a certain amount of respect for the hierarchy, even The Authority. He’ll do it with a smirk, but he will recognize authority because he has to.

• Elisha_Q

February 17, 2012 at 2:36 pm

It is obvious that it is on the principle the enemy of my enemy is my friend. But I think it goes as far as there still is an enemy. Everything will get back to normal afterwards. Somehow I am convinced that Eric has his own plan of killing two rabbits with one rock.

February 20, 2012 at 9:58 am

Yes, I think Eric has his own motives in all things and, ultimately, is going to strategize so that he gets what HE wants in the end. He’s been around for a thousand years; he knows how to play the game.

6. suddenlylayered

February 16, 2012 at 9:00 pm

I’m so confused… a 1000 year old viking is intrigued by a two hundred year old considerably new vampire?

Huh?

• Clarisa

February 16, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Exactly! Maybe he’s intrigued by …….Nope I got nothing.

• suddenlylayered

February 17, 2012 at 3:04 am

yeah. i mean I get “work along with.” to escape danger, but intrigued? Up until this point non-amnesiac eric’s thought of bill as nothing but a small impulsive child.

This is bizarre.

• trixie

February 17, 2012 at 5:44 am

IMO the reason for all of this is that they must find a way to keep Bill central to the main plot, which means that he needs to somehow become a major political player and be relevant to the other characters . It DOES feel like a retcon, but it’s already happened in season 4 with him becoming king, so this is really just a continuation of the same trend.

Yes, the whole thing is quite sudden, and doesn’t really make much sense in the context of the world and characters as they were built up throughout the first 3 seasons, but what can you do?

• Clarisa

February 17, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Yeah, I hope it doesn’t last long. Eric is loosing his cool all of a sudden and it seems like it’s going to get worse.

February 17, 2012 at 11:33 am

What about when they worked together at the beginning and ending of season 4? Pre- and post-amnesia? The goal was to defeat Marnie/the witches and they worked well enough together. Eric wasn’t in love with Bill or anything, or vice versa, but he respected his position as King of Louisiana. Also, don’t you think, if they’re forced to spend time together on the run from the Authority, that Eric might start to wonder what Sookie saw in Bill? Maybe Bill intrigues Eric in relation to his appeal to Sookie.

• Elisha_Q

February 17, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Well Eric is probably intrigued by how exactly did Bill become a king after being absolutely nobody just a year earlier. It just doesn’t make any sence. Bill is just about 180 years old and if anyone was supposed to become a king it should have been Eric.

7. Mary

February 17, 2012 at 12:56 am

This is getting way out of hand.

8. Liz

February 17, 2012 at 10:04 am

Wow, you guys have turned from speculation to all out condemnation for something you haven’t even seen yet! LOL! You have no idea what the storyline is yet, the circumstances surrounding Skarsgard’s comments or what exactly he means by intrigue. That could be Skarsgard’s interpretation of his character, and anyone who has followed his interviews would know that ‘intrigue’ is a favorite word of his.

Or maybe Eric really is intrigued by Bill because of something he did or said. The bottom line here is you do not know the whole story so let’s try to calm down, yes? 🙂

• trixie

February 17, 2012 at 10:31 am

LOL but I am perfectly calm! No seriously, everyone seems pretty calm to me.

I think people are just going for the most simple, logical interpretation of Alex’s words: that Eric actually is intrigued by Bill. AS doesn’t have a history of misdirecting in interviews and since it’s not the first time he alludes to some sort of bromance between Bill and Eric, I think it’s fair to take what he says as true.

Now, the specific reason why Eric is intrigued by Bill is sort of irrelevant to the point being made in the comments. It’s still part of a change in the whole Eric-Bill dynamic on a fundamental level.
      Whether one likes it or not, is another issue, but given that the beginnings of this new dynamic and positioning of Bill in the power structure were already explored last season and will no doubt continue in the next, I think people have plenty of reasons to assume certain things…

Also, you have to consider that many are still quite displeased (to use an euphemism) about season 4 and as a result are prone to overreacting a bit.

February 17, 2012 at 10:38 am

That makes me sad then Trixie, because this means that these people will be going into season 5 already hating it and because this is a fansite for fans of True Blood, and I am a huge fan, I think it’s unfair.

And I don’t think last season was bad at all and I know there are a very, very many who agree with me but don’t comment, here or anywhere.

• trixie

February 17, 2012 at 11:07 am

It is sad, but it’s not like people can force themselves to like something when they don’t anymore, even if they WANT to because they’ve been fans for a long time.

I know there are lots of people who still love/like the show, but there are also many who have been sorely disappointed.
          I’m part of the online fandom since season 2 and I’ve never seen as much criticism and discontent as during season 4.
          In fact there’s undeniably been a huge uproar amongst the hardcore part of the fandom, which means the most dedicated, invested fans, those who care enough to really dissect and discuss the show. Those who frequent forums and fansites.

Personally I’m still trying to enjoy the show even though I honestly think its best days are behind it and last season had huge problems, but I don’t think criticism is unfair especially when it’s (IMO) entirely warranted. Plus anger is a sign that people still care!

• esw45

February 17, 2012 at 11:41 am

Trixie your right a lot of fandom are disappointed about the ending of season 4 …..the last 3 episodes in particular.. but that doesn’t mean they dont like TB just don’t like the direction its heading in…..

• sarah.p

February 17, 2012 at 1:29 pm

Preach!

My thoughts exactly.

• vikingrl

February 27, 2012 at 10:37 am

I agree, been a fan since Beeel stepped foot into Merlotte’s S1. Team Eric, (of course).
            I think, people are also forgetting that, in the books Sookie doesn’t hook-up with Eric until much later in the book series. (I think its book 9). Again, True Blood is not directly taken from the books, it is open for interpretation. It even gives us (book fans) something different to look forward to, as we do not know what is going to happen.

February 27, 2012 at 11:43 am

Who or what is a ‘Beeel’?

9. Sookieeleana

February 17, 2012 at 4:31 pm

I’m trying to take positives from the negative here. No Eric fans want this bromance but at least we have been warned it’s coming so it won’t shock the hell out of us like they way they ended the Amnesic Eric story-line did last year . True Blood is a really great show, I’ve been re-watching the first 3 and a half seasons and it’s completely awesome. They need to sort out the mess they made at the end of last season and make it great once again. That’s what I’m hoping for. The writers are determined to do this Eric/Bill thing (which I presume is only for Bill’s benefit as Eric doesn’t need any partner to be interesting), hopefully they’ll get it out of their system in the first few episodes and we can move on to the all important romance. You never know Eric might be just toying with Bill, we’ve seen him do this kind of thing before? It would be wonderful if we were pleasantly surprised this time.

10. Jules

February 17, 2012 at 6:16 pm

I’m actually looking forward to the character dynamic in season 5. I don’t see Eric bowing to Bill at all ( I’m sure the AVL has revoked his crown ). This is more about strategy and survival, which we know Eric excels at. Maybe he is intrigued by Bill’s surprising shrewdness under pressure. I would like to think we are in for a good season… w/ all the strong actors they have . Let’s hope the writers give them some good material.

11. Shelli

February 18, 2012 at 12:03 am

No worry Alex don’t known what’s going on this season. He’s saying Steve & him are already started this season & they already working on ep 4. Why you guys making HUGH fuss about bromance between Eric & Bill? I don’t mind that. it would be awesome like Iron man & Capt. America,but Billy w/ guns & Eric w/ his strength of a god.
    There’s still hope for Eric & Sookie. Don’t give up hope for them. We still aren’t out of the wood,yet. Don’t forget about Russell, Sookie didn’t face the 3,000 yrs alone. One of them ends up to rescue her at the end of season 5,probably in 6th or 8th ep. There must be a reason why Eric brought Sookie’s house in the 1st place. About Pam,I think Sookie should learn a lot of stuff about Eric from Pam.
    By intrigued,I think that’s by meant Alex referring Eric don’t want Bill infer their plan to exposing Authority’s plans & messing w/ his sister Nora. I got a funny feeling there’ll be a love story’ll go on Bill & Nora. That would be interesting. (I hope so) I can’t wait.

12. Helen

February 18, 2012 at 6:59 am

I think we should all just reserve judgement until we see for ourselves. I’m sure it will be quite an interesting storyline. Brokeback Vampire! lol Eric to Bill: “I wish I knew how to quit you”.

• Helen

February 18, 2012 at 7:57 am

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/HelenBezzo/78dfd7dc212d9241b5.jpg – a Season 5 promo poster, perhaps? lol

• Elisha_Q

February 18, 2012 at 9:37 am

Haha last year Stephen was joking about puting a camera on Alex’s ***** so that he’s sure nothing really happens, this year it’s Anna’s turn. 😀

13. cox

February 21, 2012 at 11:48 am

I think Sookie with intereact to all three Alcide, Eric and Bill. However, Sookie is going to be more involved with the fairy story line. I just hope Trueblood does have to many sub plots.

• esw45

February 21, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Yes I can see sookie interaction with everyone like,she usually does…..first part of season with alcide and were wars…..then fairies part throughout the season and finally Eric and bill battling the authority, russell, etc at the end of the season…..

• Elisha_Q

February 21, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Just hope that the fairies don’t look as funny this season and don’t appear so sporadicly.

• Clarisa

February 21, 2012 at 3:00 pm

The fairy place was kind of funny for me. It looked like people hanging out in a food court. Anyways, It was really a waste to let claudine dies so soon. That’s another part that was a little “huh” for me.

• Elisha_Q

February 21, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I really liked Claudine in the books, she was funny and helpful. A real huh moment was her grand father, I wanted to see Niall and it would have been interesting to include Dermot the Jason look-alike. Also I was disappointed on the cast of Claude.

14. Liz

February 21, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Off topic, kids! 😉

• Elisha_Q

February 21, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Sorry 😉 Back to the point, it might be good for Sookie to be alone for a while, and it could be very productive for Eric and Bill to work together – while keeping an eye on Sookie of course.

• esw45

February 21, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I agree with you about sookie being alone would be good for her…..but I don’t think shell be alone too much…..probably dating alcide….so scatch that being alone .

Eric and bill might be interesting as long as they revert back by the end of the season as adversaries .. them liking each

• esw45

February 21, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Or trusting each other doesn’t seem right ….its like popeye and bluto hanging out…..not cool

• Elisha_Q

February 22, 2012 at 3:19 am

I said productive, trust was never a part of the picture. As I said in one of my other comments I think that Eric has his own ideas about his colaboration with Bill – he wants to kill two rabbits with one stone and will only play fair while they have common goals. Everything’s fair in love and war. Now about Sookie and Alcide, naah I don’t think so. I mean she killed his ex and although Debbie was looking for it, Alcide still has some feelings left. Who Sookie ends up with probably depends on who helps her get rid of the body and helps Tara ( I am sensing a zombie here ).

15. Clarisa

February 22, 2012 at 12:18 am

Will it always be “you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours” when an evil villain comes out? And will they all come back to life? It seems like their running out of ideas in some parts. Recycling

lizz, I’m not saying that I hate the show. 🙂

16. Shelli

February 24, 2012 at 9:14 pm

you guys didn’t read my comments,Alex didn’t known what’s doing on this season so far & They’re already started this season so far. Probably he shown up & save her during the faery wars after they defeats the authority.

Why you guys made BIG deal out of it?

• Shelli

February 24, 2012 at 9:18 pm

I meant,at the end of this season.