SPOILERS: Casting Call for True Blood 5.08, Directed by Stephen Moyer

We’ve just received the casting call for True Blood episode 5.08, which will be directed by star Stephen Moyer! The episode, titled “Somebody That I Used To Know”, marks Steve’s directorial debut on True Blood. It was written by Mark Hudis and begins filming in L.A. on April 4.

Not only is Steve directing this episode, but it appears we’re getting a look at Bill’s history: the show is casting Sarah Compton-Harris, an elderly woman seen in flashback to 1931. She’s in her 70s-80s, and ravaged by cancer. Does Bill find his daughter at death’s door and offer her an alternative?

The werewolf storyline continues to heat up as the Shreveport pack faces a leadership change. At a meeting, we’ll meet Ryder, a large male werewolf who addresses the group, and a lady packmember with a suggestion of her own. Could the reason for the meeting be in the casting of Sean? He’s a track star at a university who is forced to outrun a wolf pack. That is one of the scariest sentences I have ever written.

A young woman in her 20s is being cast as the victim of a vampire who begs for her life as she’s being fed on. If you’ll recall, this is the third or fourth episode to include a casting call for a vampire victim. Do we have a rogue vampire on the loose? Is it Russell? Pam? Jessica? TARA????

Also intriguing is that the show is looking for a double for Sam Trammell. I wonder what happened to his former double? Also, if you’re single and you look like Sam Trammell, feel free to email me. 😉

1. Liz

March 17, 2012 at 10:43 am

Oh Mel, you’re so funny!

2. Rina

March 17, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Yes, Mel. You are too funny. How nice that AB is letting Stephen direct an episode. I remember Stephen mentioned at one of the PaleyFests that he would love to do that after a fan asked him. I guess AB does pay attention. Can’t wait to see what happens. All these spoilers make waiting doubly suck.

3. Emily

March 17, 2012 at 9:25 pm

haha! I concur! Sounds interesting…I love flashbacks! Please, no rouge vampire Tara running around though, please.

4. DoggiePrince

March 18, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Wow. A pack of Weres are chasing down a unarmed runner (Sean). How could anyone think Weres are weak?

March 19, 2012 at 11:36 am

That description in the casting call freaked me out in a big way!

• esw45

March 19, 2012 at 12:57 pm

How tough can you be a pack chasing one guy? The weres are still weak as far as I am concerned….let them Chase a vampire and how they are…

• DoggiePrince

March 24, 2012 at 1:46 am

I was being sarcastic.

• esw45

March 24, 2012 at 8:00 pm

I thought at first you are being sarcastic lol….

5. Sookieeleana

March 19, 2012 at 11:50 am

None of this stuff is greatly inspiring me. What’s going on with Sookie? Eric?
    We need some promos – I’m sure we had some by now last year.

March 19, 2012 at 12:02 pm

The Sookie and Eric storylines (as well as Sam, Tara, and Bill) are being kept pretty tight. I’m sure some of these casting calls have been for characters they’ll interact with, but are worded in such a way that we can only speculate.

My guess is that we’ll get a promo either right before or right after the Game of Thrones premiere on April 1, like last year.

• Sookieeleana

March 19, 2012 at 3:51 pm

The Waiting Sucks stuff started early March but I guess they aren’t doing those this year?
        Looks like it’ll be April then.

• alexa

March 19, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Yeah, I am kinda freaking out about the promos! There has not been ANYTHING! I looked it up, and we had TONS of promos and “Waiting Sucks” at this time Last year! I am thinking what Mel said, about GOT is correct. However, I think it will premiere in July becuz of the “late” prmotion.

• esw45

March 19, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I think sookie is involved with Alcide and this were wars over packmaster…which I think will be Alcide… Eric is dealing with Bill and the authority trying to stay from true death…I think sookie,Eric and Bill will have scenes together at the end of the season with this Roman and Russell stuff all coming together probably an explosive for someone…

6. esw45

March 19, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Yeah looks like when Game of Thrones starts then the waiting sucks promo will as well…..some of these casting call seem to suck to me…..not that interesting so far?

7. Ashley

March 19, 2012 at 7:48 pm

The casting calls always sound interesting to me. We get an idea of what’s going on inside the episode. Any news regarding TB is more than fine with me! We know we’re always going to get news sometime or another anyway, so I don’t see the point in complaining.

8. Amin

March 20, 2012 at 2:18 am

A Bill-centric episode? YAY!! I love storylines involving our male lead. They are always intrigueing. And with Stephen Moyer being one of the shows’ finest ACTORS, I’m very confident that he’ll bring much talent and skill to the director’s chair.

• esw45

March 20, 2012 at 7:35 am

Bill was the male Lead …..but now Eric is the male lead …..this flashback might be interesting with bill’s daughter.

• Clarisa

March 20, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I don’t think eric is the male leader. Bill is the king, and it has been that way for quite some time. I hope they change it up, now that AB is gone.

• Amin

March 20, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Umm… my comment had nothing to do with Eric. Funny how this quickly becomes an Eric vs. Bill thing and I instantly get a ‘thumbs down.’

Anywho… in film, be it tv or cinema, you have a male lead and a female lead. One of which, is the central character. In the case of True Blood (the TV show), Bill is and will always be the male lead. Sookie is and will always be the female lead, with Sookie being the central character. That is why you will always see Anna Paquin followed directly by Stephen Moyer in the opening credits. This has nothing to do with the books, who is currently more popular, or who you like more, who you think is more attractive..yada yada yada. It’s simply the character/actor rules in tv/cinema storytelling. Just a friendly ‘FYI.’ 🙂

On a side note: I love Eric’s character and think Alex is a fine actor. Now can we please get back to the episode topic? Thanks 😀

* waits for more ‘thumbs down’ lol

• esw45

March 20, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Look it is was that bill Compton was the male on the show in the first 3 seasons but he is not starting in season 4 ……eric the character is now the male lead …..i do know about credits ……i see AP name first and then SM second but to most fans that watch the show……that not who the male lead is on TB …..just a fact ……it changed thats all. Now back to the topic because we are off topic.

• venus

March 20, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I want to say thank you for saying that Sephen Moyer is one of our finerst actors. To me he is the reason I came to the show. I think in tv and on the show he is underated. He does a wonderful job playing the character of Bil compton that I have come to know and love he should be getting more credit than he deserves on this show and on tv as a well.

• Mandee

March 23, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Bills flashbacks are the best, and his storyline is continuing to be kicka*s.
      Stephen directing will make it even better. Cant wait to see this episode. So many of Stephens past costars rave about his experience and knowledge on set.

9. Bethany

March 20, 2012 at 7:19 am

I am thinking that they are going to include an Alexi-esk character, so the pile of victims could be his. They said they cast a young boy who was turned when he was like 9, right? And if (Spoiler Alert here) Rev Newlin was turned, he would be young, and probably raised by Russell, so therefore not taught to hold back. LOL

March 20, 2012 at 12:17 pm

That 9 year-old boy was a member of The Authority.

10. alcat810

March 20, 2012 at 7:56 am

i think the weddingwill be the king of kentuckys and russel will show up and break up the wedding and marry him also e e e will be doing it and we will be meeting quinn

11. Elisha_Q

March 22, 2012 at 4:48 am

Stephen Moyer has a great sense of humor. I hope he uses it for the episode.

12. Shelli

March 25, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I’m guessing his flashback have to do Bellefleurs,because Terry & Andy are his daughter’s grandchildren & his blood’s running through their veins. I think he’s going to end up to protecting them from the faeries or Patrick & will develop a very strong relationship (like he did w/ Jessica) at .

Don’t forget the faery girl Andy makes out in 4×11,I think she’s 1 of Mab’s faeries,but he broke his Oath & now she want revenge. Or Maybe Patrick turns out a were-tiger who under Russell’s control. Who’s going to save them?