Dissecting The True Blood Season 5 Promo {SPOILERS}

HBO unleashed the first footage from True Blood season 5 last night, sending us into a tizzy of excitement and speculation. We’ve now screencapped those long-awaited 32 seconds to see what clues we can glean from all the action crammed into the promo. (See the full set of screencaps in the Gallery)

WARNING: TRUE BLOOD SEASON 5 SPOILERS AHEAD!

Click images for larger version.

True Blood season 5 promo screencap: Sookie buries a bodyOur first image is of Sookie and an unknown person digging what looks like a grave in her backyard. We never see her accomplice’s face, but from the build and clothing, it looks like Lafayette (he’s wearing that same hooded jacket later in the clip). So who are they burying? Tara or Debbie Pelt? That’s a mighty obvious hole in the ground, not really conducive to concealing the fact that Sookie killed someone, so my guess is that they’re burying Tara. Possibly in a temporary grave so she can rise again as a vampire?

True Blood season 5 promo screencap: Meet Lucy GriffithNext we meet Nora (Lucy Griffiths) who walks in with two other vampires, possibly Bill and Eric (the heights and builds suggest those two, but it’s too dark to be sure). Assuming she’s with Bill and Eric, Nora is either acting in her official capacity with the Authority and taking them into custody following Nan’s death at the hands of the dynamic duo, or they are on their way to blow something up (see below).  We know that Nora is a double-agent within the Authority, and that must come into play fairly early in the season since these scenes are likely from the first four episodes.

The trio screencap fades into one of Bill watching…something, with his fangs out. The lighting matches both a moment later in the video when Eric kisses Nora and the explosion at the very end of the clip, suggesting that all three are part of the same scene. Have the trio just successfully executed a plan against the Authority?

True Blood season 5 promo screencap: Bill watches...somethingTrue Blood season 5 promo screencap: Eric kisses NoraTrue Blood season 5 promo screencap: BOOM!

Terry and Arlene are up next, and it’s ominous. Arlene is in bed when she looks up to find Terry looming over her with a creepy look on his face. We’ve been told that Terry’s PTSD symptoms will cause problems for him this season, likely triggered by Patrick’s arrival at the end of season 4. Looks like Arlene is in for another stressful season.

True Blood season 5 promo screencap: Arlene is worriedTrue Blood season 5 promo screencap: Terry is not himself

True Blood season 5 promo screencap: Jessica gets seductiveNext we have a glimpse of Jessica getting intimate with a man who isn’t Jason. This is probably Zander, the frat boy she encounters at a party she and Jason attend in the season’s first episode. Jason also gets chummy with a college girl named Cammy at the party. Are they trying to make each other jealous? Spice things up? Who knows with those two.

And speaking of Jason, he has a surprise visitor, as we saw at the end of season 4. The Reverend Steve Newlin is back, and now he’s a vampire. Somehow he gets Jason to invite him inside, which can’t be smart, but this is Jason we’re talking about. What does Steve want with his former Fellowship of the Sun acolyte? As we see later in the clip, he wants a snack, and although Jason isn’t happy about it, he appears to be somehow incapacitated and unable to escape.

True Blood season 5 promo screencap: Jason invites vampire Steve inside True Blood season 5 promo screencap: Steve prepares to feed on Jason

True Blood season 5 promo screencap: Sookie deserves a shower and a good crySookie’s having a rough day. Surprise. The shot of her huddled in the shower isn’t anchored in context, but it seems reasonable to assume that it’s after she buried whoever in the backyard. She was covered in her best friend’s blood, and the blood of the woman she killed, so a long, hot shower is definitely earned. As are her tears. Will she also remember Sexy Shower Time with her previous vampire lovers, just to add to her heartache? I’m guessing “Yes”.

True Blood season 5 promo screencap: Lafayette also deserves a good cryAlso grieving is Lafayette, shown next wearing the same jacket as the man helping Sookie bury someone in the first scene. He’s just lost Jesus, and now his cousin Tara. How will his grief manifest itself? Last season Lafayette realized his supernatural powers; will his grief turn his magic dark?

Sam isn’t faring too well in this clip, either. Our first look at him is bloody and disheveled, and it appears that he’s surrounded by some tough guys. The aftermath of killing Marcus doesn’t look pretty. Later in the clip, Sam rips his shirt off. This is clearly for my benefit. But it also fits with the repercussions in the shifter community following Marcus’ death. My guess is that Sam has to engage in a fight of some kind, shifting into various forms, as punishment. The bloodied Sam could be the after and the shirtless Sam could be the before, or they may be different scenes entirely.

True Blood season 5 promo screencap: Bloodied Sam True Blood season 5 promo screencap: Sam rips off his shirt

True Blood season 5 promo screencap: Pam comes to visitNext we see Pam. She’s dressed demurely in black, eyes red from crying, and the horrible face disfigurement is either under control or the curse disappeared when Marnie died. She’s seated in a chair in what looks like Sookie’s house, which is odd given the hatred she directed at Sookie toward the end of last season. Pam doesn’t seem angry or particularly menacing in this shot; has she come to reconcile with Sookie? Is she in need of a friend after her falling out with Eric, and Sookie is the closest she has to a girlfriend? Or is she there to turn Tara?

True Blood season 5 promo screencap: Shirtless EricNext is a lovely but puzzling moment with shirtless Eric. He looks like Amnesiac Eric here, stripped of his usual pride and arrogance (qualities I admire in him, don’t get me wrong). He looks downright pensive, really. Thinking about how he left things with Sookie? There’s also someone lurking in the background of this shot, possibly Bill. It almost looks like Eric’s hands are restrained behind his back, but if that’s the case, why is Bill free and lounging against the wall behind him? Is this a scene where the vampires are being punished by the Authority, or is Eric just changing his shirt?

True Blood season 5 promo screencap: DinnerThe longest single scene in the entire clip comes next as someone drags a body through a dimly lit corridor and delivers it to an unseen recipient as the voiceover ominously echoes Russell Edgington’s belief that humans are simply food for vampires. We never get a clear image of who is doing the dragging, and the person to whom the human is being delivered is never shown, but I think it’s a safe bet that Russell is hiding out, regaining his strength with humans provided by his minion.

True Blood season 5 promo: Alcide gets in your faceAlcide makes a brief appearance, apparently facing off with someone. All we see is the back of a bald, black head, which isn’t much to go on, but my guess is that the challenge to become packmaster is heating up and Alcide is asserting himself. He could also be advocating on Sam’s behalf after Marcus’ death or maybe confronting someone about Debbie Pelt. Still, my bet is it has to do with the struggle for power within the Shreveport pack. [Updated: And I'd lose that bet! This is from the season premiere, and the bald man is Lafayette, as seen in the extended version of this scene, available on HBO GO.]

True Blood season 5 promo: Bill, Eric, and NoraA very quick glimpse of Bill, Eric, and Nora in the aftermath of a very bloody battle – presumably against vampires if those piles of yuck are any indication – sure makes it look like Nora is helping the pair escape the Authority. None of them appear to be injured, though, so were they a part of the carnage? They’re looking up at someone who has witnessed the massacre; who is it? Roman?

And finally, in a very fast, very muddled sequence, we have someone getting knocked down and perhaps dragged off to be eaten, followed by Lafayette in Sookie’s house, I think in the bedroom Tara used, being startled by someone/something and pulling a knife as the clip cuts to Sookie screaming for all she’s worth. These are the final shots before the explosion (see above), and I think they’re Tara-related. I think that either Jesus or Tara appears to Lafayette in the bedroom. He’s already on edge, and automatically draws the knife. Sookie screaming…well, it happens so often that without proper context, that’s a real challenge. I wonder if it’s not from the very first scene in the first episode and she’s screaming because Tara is dead.

True Blood season 5 promo: Someone is in dangerTrue Blood season 5 promo: Lafayette pulls a knife True Blood season 5 promo: Sookie screams

And that’s what I got out of the promo. How about you? See something I missed? Have a different theory? Share in the comments below!

1. Ampurp

April 2, 2012 at 2:40 pm

The two people, I def believe it is Sookie and Lala, are digging two graves. In the video section I speculated that it was a combination of two of either Debbie, Tara, or Jesus. I do not recall seeing Jesus buried (maybe its been so long and I forgot) but we know he went to Sookie’s after the event. Okay, so I am one of the people who understood that for the most part the show will never follow the books. But I have to wonder if that explosion is like the one from the vampire summit, especially since this season is all about the Authority and so many new vamps have been brought in. I think Jason will allow Newlin to bite him, possibly to make Jessica jealous because he USE to be that stupid but becoming a deputy and the whole thing in Hotshot changed him.

I think, to be honest I am so tired of Sookie, Sookie is cleaning herself after the events and Pam rushes over because Eric can sense something is wrong; he has taken her blood. I doubt Pam wants to be there and might be crying because Sookie is causing her maker grief. I also think that soft Eric might be a flashback to when he made Pam and that it is Godric in the background watching. I think that the dragging scene could be any vampire, new or old because most vampires see humans as food and nothing more. I think Alcide is talking to a alpha wolf ,who he might have to fight because the old leader is dead. Honestly, I just do not know with Sam because Ball and the writers, like Tara, do not seem to know what to do with him. I also wonder if Patrick, who in the books was a shifter, will be a shifter on the show and that Terry saw that and it made him crazier.

April 2, 2012 at 2:46 pm

My first thought re: the explosion was the vampire summit, but this is a car that explodes, and it doesn’t look like anyone else is around. Still, depending on who was in the car, the impact could be the same as the explosion in the book.

Good call on the shirtless Eric shot; makes perfect sense for that to be Godric in the background.

• Rina

April 2, 2012 at 2:58 pm

Um, no, that’s clearly Bill in the background. Godric was blond and shorter.

April 2, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Um, no, Godric is brunette: http://true-blood.net/2009/08/26/true-blood-fashion-the-martyr/

• Belle

April 4, 2012 at 12:02 am

Hmm that’s an good idea of it being the flashback, wouldn’t have thought of that! The only thing that makes me think it might not be is the container thing in the background looks like the same thing Nora and presumably Bill and Eric are walking past in the earlier shot. Who knows? It’s fun to guess though!

2. Lori

April 2, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Towards the end, it is Terry docked down by Patrick. Also, aside from the lighting, there are scratches on the shoulders of Bill’s and Eric’s jackets, which may have come from the explosion at the end. I think when Eric is pensive with his shirt off he may have just been with Nora and Bill realizes it.

• esw45

April 2, 2012 at 3:49 pm

That’s a good call…..Eric shirtless could have been right after being with Nora with Bill in the background….Eric looks real sad and preoccupied cause he care about Nora the same way she does…..I never thought about that scenario….

• esw45

April 2, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Sorry I meant to say he doesn’t care about Nora the same way she cares about him because of Sookie

3. Debbie

April 2, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Looks like Bill standing behind Eric to me also.

4. Lori

April 2, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I think Pam may have come to Sookie’s house to ask for help with Eric and turned Tara. That is what best explains Sookie and Lafayette digging a grave so close to the house. If Tara was dead-dead, there would have been a proper burial. Also, the first episode is titled Turn, Turn, Turn. This would also be a good opening for the flashback to when Pam was turned. I like the idea of some Pam and Tara vampire action.

April 2, 2012 at 9:06 pm

We aren’t flashing back until the second episode, “Authority Always Wins“, but I do think that Pam turning Tara would be the perfect opportunity for her to recall her own turning.

5. Haley

April 2, 2012 at 7:12 pm

I was thinking that the Eric/Nora kiss and pensive Eric shot could be a flashback to throw everyone off, but am not sure if he ever had short hair in the past or if that was only a Season 2 onward thing.

• esw45

April 2, 2012 at 7:35 pm

Idk, my thoughts are that i don’t believe that was a flashback of Eric/Nora kiss or pensive or sad looking Eric seems like he is sad about something maybe thinking about sookie….looks like bill is observing him in the back too

• Ampurp

April 3, 2012 at 10:28 am

I sort of doubted that it is Bill in the back only because he looked really short but there is a theory that there is a “new Eric.” A couple of people I talked to, believe that Ball and the writers are making a new Eric out of old Eric mixed with amnesic Eric; which would make for a pensive, sad Eric. If they are on a mission to sway the Authority or whatever, then maybe he is thinking about all the bad things he has done to Sookie and other humans.

• Elisha_Q

April 3, 2012 at 11:53 am

It will ruin Eric if they do that. Hope they dont.

• brent mills

April 3, 2012 at 12:46 am

eric had short hair in the ww2 flashback

• Elisha_Q

April 3, 2012 at 3:50 am

Like vampires can change their appearance.

6. Nancy

April 2, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Who can tell me why Eric kisses Nora?!?!? is kissing with tongue between vampire siblings normal? Theories/facts? Anyone?

• Elisha_Q

April 3, 2012 at 4:07 am

Bill’s sister was also his lover, Lorena had picked her specialy because she looked like his wife when he was alive. So I am thinking that the writers switched Bill with Eric. Otherwise I think it was something like if the master and his “children” still live together they are obliged to have sex with him and follow his orders if he tells them to have sex with each other. Pretty messed up, right.

• Jules

April 3, 2012 at 10:08 am

My guess is Nora wants this intimacy and Eric will oblige to get her to assist in escaping from the authority.

• Melissa

April 5, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I think you are right. I like this theory. Alex has said that the feelings for Sookie are still there so this is probably part of his plan to get Nora to help him and Bill against the Authority.

April 3, 2012 at 11:48 am

It’s not like they are related by birth. In the vampire world, Nora being Eric’s sister only means they were sired by the same vampire – nothing more.

• esw45

April 3, 2012 at 1:30 pm

I heard some speculation that Eric looks pensive and sad because he just had a run-in with Sookie, him and Nora after him and Nora got together…..which would be TB drama and angst to say the least…….

7. Cheyenne

April 3, 2012 at 12:16 am

Everythings been said and makes sense, the only thing I haven’t seen here yet is that possibly what I believe anyways is that Steve Newlin glamored Jason into inviting him into his house. & is probably feeding off him to get revenge for Jason sleeping with his wife.

• Tracy

April 12, 2012 at 3:18 pm

I’m still not convinced that Newlin is a vampire at all. Jason knows to not let vamps in his house, and they’ve never had a vampire glamour someone to do that, have they?

8. nevrmine

April 3, 2012 at 9:46 am

I am interested in who is attempting to stake Bill at the end. Is it while he and Eric are still at Bill’s house? That looks like the stake he used on Nan. He’s changed out of the suit that had Nan’s blood all over it. Obviously the attempt will not be successful, but who is it?

• Belle

April 4, 2012 at 12:05 am

Yeah I noticed that one too! Perhaps more to do with the Authority?

9. Joy

April 3, 2012 at 11:41 am

This article was really well done!!!! Thanks

10. AmaZen

April 3, 2012 at 4:03 pm

That’s not Nora, it’s Salome. (Compare her profile with the actress playing her on Imdb) And doesn’t *that* make for interesting possibilities?? From the look of things, there’s definitely chemistry in that kiss!

I think the hole being dug is for Tara and whoever turned her, which is why Sookie looks distressed but not grief-stricken, in the shower.

I’m wondering what the three big splashes of bloody sidewalk in front of the Bill-Eric-Salome looking upward, signify. Vampire goo, anyone?

And, I’m wondering why Jason was stupid enough to invite Newlin in!

April 3, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Nope, it’s Nora, played by Lucy Griffiths.

• Blomman

April 4, 2012 at 9:59 am

How can you be sure ? it look´s like to different girl´s to me .. do you know something we dont .. if that´s the case please tell us , many of us would be happy to truly know who it is .

I think the kiss look hot but it´s Eric the Northman we are talking about and he makes everything looking good . Why he would kiss someone on the streat´s after a battle … must be all the blood around them .

• AmaZen

April 4, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Go to Imdb, this page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0148982/resumephotos, which is photos for Valentina Cervi, who’s playing Salome. Check out the one on the bottom left, and take a close look at the line of her nose and jaw, especially in profile. Then compare it to the nose profile of the woman Eric’s kissing.

Next, take a look at photos of Lucy Griffiths’ profile. (There’s one here: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Nfs2f6EIQNw/TrMTXGMArsI/AAAAAAAALUU/EoZO1hsIJlA/s640/ep11_gallery_large.jpg) No similarity (to the sneak peek) whatsoever. He’s definitely kissing Salome.

PS. If the links don’t show up in this post, do a Google search using these terms

photo “true blood” “Lucy Griffiths” profile

There’s a great profile shot in the 3rd row, near the left hand side.

Hope this helps! :)

April 5, 2012 at 9:08 am

Yes it does help. It helps me see that these two women look very similar, they could be sisters! They have the same color hair, the same hair length and the same shape in the face. In the dark shadows she is seen in, you really can’t be sure except for the context of the shots. Based on that I’m going with Nora.

• AmaZen

April 5, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Hi Liz,
            Yes, they do look similar, but *not from the side*, which is the view we get in the kiss scene. Lucy Griffiths’ profile is quite flat from top to bottom, whereas the woman Eric is kissing has a nose and jaw that extend out much further than her forehead. It’s Salome.

April 5, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Sorry, not convinced. Guess we’ll find out in June, or shortly thereafter.

11. Blomman

April 4, 2012 at 9:51 am

I dont know what to say about it … i´m soo confused , lol . I do hope to see Godric this season as well in some kind of flashback . It´s soo great to see them again , they are all like familymember´s you longing to see every year .

12. sm

April 4, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Am I the only one that things the person being knocked down in that last sequence you spelled above is Terry? He is wearing an apron and that looks like his hair to me.

As for Eric, I’m curious to see why he’s shirtless (and possibly restrained) while Bill (definitely is him) is free in the background.

God I can’t wait!

• AmaZen

April 7, 2012 at 1:32 am

Definitely Terry. I think it’s Bill as well. Maybe Eric just woke up? Or, maybe it’s the scene right after Sookie leaves them?

• AmaZen

April 7, 2012 at 1:41 am

Or, maybe his hair is windblown because he’s just flown off to bury Debbie Pelt, as in the books?

13. Bree

April 4, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I thought I’d share the theory I’ve seen elsewhere that the “shirtless Eric with Bill in the background” shot is a flashback to last season with Amnesia Eric soon after he lost his memory. I think that this theory makes a lot of sense, especially given that Pam said (when she was at Sookie’s house and saw Amnesia Eric for the first time) that Bill knew what he was doing by sending Eric to the necromancer. After reading that theory and looking at Eric & Bill in that shot from the Season 5 trailer, I’m hoping that we will see the explanation for how Eric wound up shirtless and walking down the road.

I’m interested in the other theories, as well!

14. none

April 5, 2012 at 3:38 pm

shirtless Sam and Eric is always a good thing!

15. violet black

April 6, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Okay, going out on a limb here… I think the first shot of Sookie and La La is of them burying Pam with Tara. I think this ties in with the shot of Pam at Sookie’s house – the last we saw Pam in S4 she was wearing the same outfit and hair style crying over Eric. I think both Bill & Eric show up at Sookie’s house at the start of S5 – Bill refuses to turn Tara and Eric is somewhat willing, but I think La La is against Eric turning Tara and since Tara was lesbian at last check, Eric summons Pam with the idea that Tara would be more open to Pam. I think Tara’s gonna wake up wanting to kick all their butts.

I think the shot with shirtless Eric is him getting caught with Nora by Bill. If you look at the shot of him kissing Nora, his hair is down in the front just like in the shirtless pix.

Sookie in the bathtub I think is just Sookie worrying the next day if she did the right thing allowing Tara to get turned into a vampire and reflecting on killing Debbie.

I think Rev. Newlin bites Jason and drinks enough blood to force Jason into drinking his blood as a way to get revenge without killing Jason and therefore avoiding having Sookie get Eric on him. I think he does this so Jason will “want” him and dream about him and the Rev. will always know where Jason is and what he’s doing – a good way to turn the tables on someone who slept with your wife. I’m more interested in who turned Rev. Newlin?

I think the guy being dragged into the room is food for the recuperating Russel Edgington. And I’ll stop here since I’m repeating a lot of what’s already been said.

• Ampurp

April 6, 2012 at 8:36 pm

I think you have some good ideas, except why would Pam be buried with Tara even if she is her maker? I do think that Tara will be turned and that Pam will do it but Bill seemed to only be buried with Jessica to force his hand (they did not want him to shirk his responsibility, because he supposedly hated his vampire life and them in general). We have not seen any other vampires buried with their makers. I think it is two graves for two people being dug.

For a while I did not believe that Bill was in the back ground because of the hair and that it was Godric but now I think it is definitely a flashback from when Eric first got amnesia. I cannot imagine Eric looking sad or pensive; even if Bill caught him kissing Nora and played the Sookie card. We all saw Eric come back to his awesome bad-ass self at the end of last season, why would he act that way around Bill at his full capacity? There is no way Eric would behave that way around Bill, I think Bill saw amnesia Eric and was confused and that is how Eric ended up shirtless and barefoot.

• AmaZen

April 7, 2012 at 1:39 am

Good ideas there. Whoever Eric is kissing, it’s *definitely* not Nora – just look at photos of Lucy Griffith in profile & you’ll see it can’t possibly be her. I don’t think it’s Pam who turns Tara because Pam is in Shreveport crying with Ginger. In that frame of mind, she wouldn’t go to Sookie for support. Plus, with that kind of a head wound, she couldn’t possibly get there before Tara dies. I think it’s got to be either Bill or Eric that turns Tara, because they’re the only ones close enough. Except maybe for Jessica? She left Jason feeling hungry, so it’d be convenient for her. Or, maybe there’s a new vamp nearby? Though it’s hard to imagine why a strange vamp would bother. Jess would probably do it for Sookie’s sake.

Also, the “turn-er” goes to ground with the new vamp, as Bill did with Jessica, which is why the grave is so big.

Can you imagine the mayhem that would ensue with 2 baby vamps with impulse control issues? *giggle*

• Ampurp

April 7, 2012 at 10:41 pm

But the only time the turner went to ground with their progeny was Bill and Jessica, again only because he was forced into it. The Authority would not like a baby vamp on the loose with out their maker, hence Bill being buried and chained to Jessica. We have seen some vampires getting made and none have went to ground with their maker. Lorena did not go to ground will Bill, nor did Godric get buried with Eric.

When I look at the picture big, it looks like two graves because Lala is on the opposite side digging dirt. I think it is Pam who turns Tara because Sookie is distressed and Eric(also Bill) can sense that and he sends Pam. Pam is definitely in Sookie’s house in that one picture; plus we must remember that all these things are happening at once. Pam was crying with Ginger but who knows at what time, maybe she was just cleaning up when Debbie came.

• me_aha

April 8, 2012 at 3:59 pm

they all did go to ground with their makers, they just didn`t explicitly show that. it`s called editing. cut out what is explicative. but i dont think somebody is going in the ground with a maker! why wouls sook and lafayette dig the hole? that grave is for debbie….

16. me_aha

April 8, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Hey. I just watched season 4 again and I am very excited in the anticipation for se 5. So. I don`t think Newlin will hurt Jason. As for Pam, at first i thought she will turn Ginger because – you saw- she was by her side when she most needed. But you never know…On the other side, i think that the grave Sookie and Lafayette are digging is for Debbie. I think that Bill and Eric cannot help her because they are already taken by Nora. Maybe that`s the explanation for Pam at Sookie`s house, maybe Pam is asking for her help. The man who is dragged in the dark halway can be Alcide because he is wearing the same clothes. Lafayette is at his house maybe having a reunion with Jesus, maybe asking him for advice and in the other pic he is in Sook`s bedroom. Maybe he is afraid of…Pam. And the guy on the ground in the last pics is surely Terry.
    Sookie is in the shower washing herself up of all the blood after burrying Debbie and helping Tara. She cries not because she lost her friend- i am sure she didn`t- but because she killed somebody in cold blood. Now, about the pic with Eric being…good Eric. In the back it`s definitely Bill. I dunno why he is topless. I dont care :DDD if u know what i mean. I haven`t read the books, i just passed thru them swiftly and read the storyline. I really enjoyed the article, thank you! blessed be everyone! excuse my english btw, not my best point

• me_aha

April 8, 2012 at 4:05 pm

i just watched the video clip. it is more clear than the pics. wow. intriguing

17. Poinciana

April 9, 2012 at 11:19 am

The Alcide/Bald Black Man head…I think it’s Lala and they’re in Sookie’s kitchen. See the gingerbread trim on the shelf in the background.

18. tbfan

April 9, 2012 at 3:07 pm

“The Reverend Steve Newlin is back, and now he’s a vampire. Somehow he gets Jason to invite him inside, which can’t be smart, but this is Jason we’re talking about.”

um…this writer does know vamps can glamor people right? Newlin probably glamored his way in like Franklin did with Tara and Bill did with Jessica’s little sister (for a good and bad glamor power example there). Jason knows vamps have to be invited in because he resends Bill’s invitation to his home during an epi in season 3. The power isn’t age specific either, as Jessica was still a young vamp when Bill taught her how to glamor (on the guy hired by f.o.t.s to kidnap Sookie), so Newlin’s maker could very well have taught him to glamor too.

Newlin may be a vamp, but he probably still isn’t too happy about Jason going to town on his wife and punching him square in the face. I hope Jason doesn’t die, he’s pretty fun to have around (sometimes)

April 9, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Yes, I know that vampires can glamour people, but it doesn’t work on Sookie because of her faery blood – does it work on Jason?

• Blomman

April 10, 2012 at 2:03 am

ha ha :) he have by Pam season 1 , still i wonder the same thing.. ,LOL !!