SPOILERS: True Blood Episode 5.09 Casting Call

True Blood is heading into the home stretch in filming episodes for season 5. The casting call for episode 5.09 just went out, meaning that they’re about 75% finished with the season. The episode, titled “Everybody Wants to Rule the World”, begins filming around April 18 in Los Angeles.

We’re flashing back again, but this time it’s to Alcide’s past! True Blood is casting a young Alcide (age 14) and a young Debbie Pelt (also age 14). The young, “innocent” teens will be joined by Jackson, Alcide’s father, seen both in flashback and in the present (so I guess J.D. isn’t Alcide’s father). Jackson  is described as “a giant of a man, powerful and inspiring and heroic” when we see him in the 1980s, but in present day he’s a sad man in his 50s who’s given up on life. Jackson will be a recurring guest star.

Present-day action requires a male, Marilyn Manson-esque vampire in his 20s-40s and a sexy female vampire in her 20s. The casting call doesn’t give Faux Marilyn Manson any context, but his female counterpart is a customer at Fangtasia.

True Blood is also casting a reporter who interrogates Andy outside the Sheriff’s Office about…something.

What do you think, are you excited to see young Alcide? Given this episode’s title, who is in contention for world domination?

1. esw45

April 3, 2012 at 8:21 pm

I think alcide about to find out about Debbie body is buried around sookie place which causes this flashback probably…..

2. Bethany

April 4, 2012 at 11:34 am

If they follow closer to the books, Alcide will guess that Sookie killed Debbie, BUT the flashback will take place while she is missing, and they are looking for her. It should be interesting, given that we now know that Debbie’s insanity ran back to HS (book wise anyway) So she could be a very interesting 14 yr old. LOL Ummm, it says that the flashback is to the 80’s when Alcide was 14. So does that mean Alcide is in his mid/late 30’s at the youngest? I always thought they were aiming him a bit younger than that, more like late 20’s. Huh.

I think the Authority storyline is going to ramp up at the same time that the Packmaster contest gets underway (full force that is) If we are just now meeting Jackson, that means the actual contest is underway now. Purely guessing, but that is how I picture what I have read so far. The title leads me to believe that both “contests” will be coming to a head here.

Looking forward to seeing how this Marilyn Mansonesk vamp plays into things. Hmmmmm Got me thinking, which is good, because I am driving my family crazy counting down until Deadlocked, and watching TB over and over and over again until the new season starts. LOL (At least everyone knows that in 25 days 21 1/2 hours I will at least be completely silent while I start reading my book. ) LOL

• Stefanie

April 5, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I have also been in my “in between new seasons” True Blood obsession of watching all the episodes. I cannot freakin wait until June 10th! Your ideas are pretty good, I am excited to see Russell’s return and what man Sookie will be into, it is Alcide’s turn according to the book. We’ll see soon, but not soon enough!

• Gracie

April 6, 2012 at 3:42 am

God I hope not he’s a loser! I so don’t by his good guy routine!

3. LeAnne

April 5, 2012 at 3:16 pm

looks like they are more forgiving on the age of the males they are casting…. they seem to be calling for ladies primarily in their 20’s… what’s up with that? LOL

4. vikingrl

April 5, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Regarding the title, didn’t you say earlier the RE will make his appearance around episode 5? Wondering what type of conflict there will be between RE and “the Authority”…. especially since RE beheaded the Magistrate…..

5. Brash.Angel

April 15, 2012 at 3:46 pm

If the packmaster contest is going to happen this season then why hasn’t Quinn been cast??? I really hope they don’t write him out!